RE: [Hybrid] Towards The Sun - Hybrid Remix on Beatport

  • dcraig@nmt.edu
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
      I didn't want to sound negative, but I was going to mention that the only
      one really worth getting is the Hybrid remix. The other's are really just
      bland with no character.

      Dan

      > Hybrid remix is the best by far (IMHO). Disappointed by the R3volve
      > version.
      >

      > From: Drew Ressler
      >
      > Beatport just put up the Future Funk Squad - Towards The Sun single up!
      > Has the Evil Nine remix, Paul Woolford remix, R3volve remix and the Hybrid
      > remix!
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Drew Ressler
      > http://www.rukes.com/

    • Thomas Touzimsky
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
        > Hybrid remix is the best by far (IMHO). Disappointed by the R3volve
        > version.

        I think Evil Nine's remix is best, with Hybrid coming in "only" second. Damn, it's the first single release of which the Hybrid remix isn't the best in my opinion... ;-)

        ..::// Thomas
      • R-Freshhhhhhhh...
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
          You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
            I actually think the opposite...I think the Revolve remix is above and
            beyond the best of the bunch, since it's very simple pop house, and does a
            great job at it.

            The Hybrid one sounds like classic Echoplex, although with ADD, it seems a
            bit all over the place...my second favorite of the remixes.

            Drew Ressler
            http://www.rukes.com/

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 22, 2006
              It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.

              Dan

              > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

            • Georgy
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 24, 2006
                Just like their own tracks with a very few exception. :)

                As much as I like the stuff they releases, still have to admit they
                are one of the biggest recyclers.

                Nobody mentioned the Woolford remix; that one sounds good as well
                although his Underworld / Dylan Rhymes remixes were much better.

                On 11/22/06, dcraig@... <dcraig@...> wrote:
                > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.
                >
                > Dan
                >
                > > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

              • R-Freshhhhhhhh...
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 25, 2006
                  Doesn't everybody "recycle"? That's all part of the art of sampling ; )
                  Most of what they've released the past 4 years has been right on point,
                  check out their new Timo Mass remix of "Picture"..............wicked!!!!!

                  Just like their own tracks with a very few exception. :)

                  As much as I like the stuff they releases, still have to admit they
                  are one of the biggest recyclers.

                  Nobody mentioned the Woolford remix; that one sounds good as well
                  although his Underworld / Dylan Rhymes remixes were much better.

                  On 11/22/06, dcraig@... <dcraig@...> wrote:
                  > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.
                  >
                  > Dan
                  >
                  > > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

                • Thomas Touzimsky
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 26, 2006
                    > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.

                    At least you always know what you get. Guess it's love it or hate it.
                    I love it. :-)

                    ..::// Thomas
                  • ally @ hybrid-group.com
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 27, 2006
                      I'm not a massive fan of the original mix of Towards The Sun...but I
                      really like what Hybrid have done with this remix. Loving the beats.

                      I haven't heard the Evil 9 one yet...I might go and download it now
                      after all this debate :)

                      Ally

                    • Drew Ressler
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 26, 2006
                        Just in case anyone wasn't aware, I found a CD with an actual unmixed digital copy of the Satoshi Tomiie Remix of "Higher Than A Skyscraper".

                        It's from a Japanese compilation CD called "Traditional Tokyo Club":
                        http://www.discogs.com/release/550925

                        You can get it at www.amazon.co.jp

                        This is the only place to get a full audio unmixed copy of this track. Distinctive only released this as a 192kbps MP3 on their site, and the Y4K Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                        Thanks

                        Drew Ressler
                        http://www.rukes.com/
                      • Thomas Touzimsky
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 29, 2006
                          > and the Y4K Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                          It is?! Phew... guess I can scratch that one from my wishlist then.
                          Thanks for pointing out! :)

                          ..::// Thomas
                        • James Warren
                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                            There's always the Y4K Sampler vinyl. Ripping will give you an unadulterated
                            wav.

                            _____

                            Just in case anyone wasn't aware, I found a CD with an actual unmixed
                            digital copy of the Satoshi Tomiie Remix of "Higher Than A Skyscraper".

                            It's from a Japanese compilation CD called "Traditional Tokyo Club":
                            http://www.discogs <http://www.discogs.com/release/550925>
                            com/release/550925

                            You can get it at www.amazon.co.jp

                            This is the only place to get a full audio unmixed copy of this track.
                            Distinctive only released this as a 192kbps MP3 on their site, and the Y4K
                            Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                            Thanks

                            Drew Ressler
                            http://www.rukes <http://www.rukes.com/> com/
                          • Thomas Touzimsky
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                              > There's always the Y4K Sampler vinyl. Ripping will give you an
                              > unadulterated wav.

                              But what about the 3D dub...? (http://www.discogs.com/release/660124)

                              ..::// Thomas
                            • dcraig@nmt.edu
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                                Some people consider surface noise/pops/etc adulterated though.

                                ~Dan