RE: [Hybrid] Towards The Sun - Hybrid Remix on Beatport

  • James Warren
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 20, 2006
      Hybrid remix is the best by far (IMHO). Disappointed by the R3volve version.

      From: Drew Ressler

      Beatport just put up the Future Funk Squad - Towards The Sun single up! Has the Evil Nine remix, Paul Woolford remix, R3volve remix and the Hybrid remix!

      Thanks

      Drew Ressler
      http://www.rukes.com/
    • dcraig@nmt.edu
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
        I didn't want to sound negative, but I was going to mention that the only
        one really worth getting is the Hybrid remix. The other's are really just
        bland with no character.

        Dan

        > Hybrid remix is the best by far (IMHO). Disappointed by the R3volve
        > version.
        >

        > From: Drew Ressler
        >
        > Beatport just put up the Future Funk Squad - Towards The Sun single up!
        > Has the Evil Nine remix, Paul Woolford remix, R3volve remix and the Hybrid
        > remix!
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Drew Ressler
        > http://www.rukes.com/

      • Thomas Touzimsky
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
          > Hybrid remix is the best by far (IMHO). Disappointed by the R3volve
          > version.

          I think Evil Nine's remix is best, with Hybrid coming in "only" second. Damn, it's the first single release of which the Hybrid remix isn't the best in my opinion... ;-)

          ..::// Thomas
        • R-Freshhhhhhhh...
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
            You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
              I actually think the opposite...I think the Revolve remix is above and
              beyond the best of the bunch, since it's very simple pop house, and does a
              great job at it.

              The Hybrid one sounds like classic Echoplex, although with ADD, it seems a
              bit all over the place...my second favorite of the remixes.

              Drew Ressler
              http://www.rukes.com/

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 22, 2006
                It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.

                Dan

                > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

              • Georgy
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 24, 2006
                  Just like their own tracks with a very few exception. :)

                  As much as I like the stuff they releases, still have to admit they
                  are one of the biggest recyclers.

                  Nobody mentioned the Woolford remix; that one sounds good as well
                  although his Underworld / Dylan Rhymes remixes were much better.

                  On 11/22/06, dcraig@... <dcraig@...> wrote:
                  > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.
                  >
                  > Dan
                  >
                  > > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

                • R-Freshhhhhhhh...
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 25, 2006
                    Doesn't everybody "recycle"? That's all part of the art of sampling ; )
                    Most of what they've released the past 4 years has been right on point,
                    check out their new Timo Mass remix of "Picture"..............wicked!!!!!

                    Just like their own tracks with a very few exception. :)

                    As much as I like the stuff they releases, still have to admit they
                    are one of the biggest recyclers.

                    Nobody mentioned the Woolford remix; that one sounds good as well
                    although his Underworld / Dylan Rhymes remixes were much better.

                    On 11/22/06, dcraig@... <dcraig@...> wrote:
                    > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.
                    >
                    > Dan
                    >
                    > > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

                  • Thomas Touzimsky
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 26, 2006
                      > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.

                      At least you always know what you get. Guess it's love it or hate it.
                      I love it. :-)

                      ..::// Thomas
                    • ally @ hybrid-group.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 27, 2006
                        I'm not a massive fan of the original mix of Towards The Sun...but I
                        really like what Hybrid have done with this remix. Loving the beats.

                        I haven't heard the Evil 9 one yet...I might go and download it now
                        after all this debate :)

                        Ally

                      • Drew Ressler
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 26, 2006
                          Just in case anyone wasn't aware, I found a CD with an actual unmixed digital copy of the Satoshi Tomiie Remix of "Higher Than A Skyscraper".

                          It's from a Japanese compilation CD called "Traditional Tokyo Club":
                          http://www.discogs.com/release/550925

                          You can get it at www.amazon.co.jp

                          This is the only place to get a full audio unmixed copy of this track. Distinctive only released this as a 192kbps MP3 on their site, and the Y4K Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                          Thanks

                          Drew Ressler
                          http://www.rukes.com/
                        • Thomas Touzimsky
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 29, 2006
                            > and the Y4K Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                            It is?! Phew... guess I can scratch that one from my wishlist then.
                            Thanks for pointing out! :)

                            ..::// Thomas
                          • James Warren
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                              There's always the Y4K Sampler vinyl. Ripping will give you an unadulterated
                              wav.

                              _____

                              Just in case anyone wasn't aware, I found a CD with an actual unmixed
                              digital copy of the Satoshi Tomiie Remix of "Higher Than A Skyscraper".

                              It's from a Japanese compilation CD called "Traditional Tokyo Club":
                              http://www.discogs <http://www.discogs.com/release/550925>
                              com/release/550925

                              You can get it at www.amazon.co.jp

                              This is the only place to get a full audio unmixed copy of this track.
                              Distinctive only released this as a 192kbps MP3 on their site, and the Y4K
                              Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                              Thanks

                              Drew Ressler
                              http://www.rukes <http://www.rukes.com/> com/
                            • Thomas Touzimsky
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                                > There's always the Y4K Sampler vinyl. Ripping will give you an
                                > unadulterated wav.

                                But what about the 3D dub...? (http://www.discogs.com/release/660124)

                                ..::// Thomas
                              • dcraig@nmt.edu
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                                  Some people consider surface noise/pops/etc adulterated though.

                                  ~Dan