It's also on eMusic, FYI... (was Re: Towards The Sun - Hybrid Remix on Beatport)

  • James
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 20, 2006
      For any subscribers of eMusic, I just checked, and the Towards the Sun
      single (with all of its wonderful remixes) is available there, too! I
      only had two downloads left this month... I'm glad I checked!

      James M.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Drew Ressler" <rukes@...> wrote:

      > Beatport just put up the Future Funk Squad - Towards The Sun single
      up!
    • James Warren
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 20, 2006
        Hybrid remix is the best by far (IMHO). Disappointed by the R3volve version.

        From: Drew Ressler

        Beatport just put up the Future Funk Squad - Towards The Sun single up! Has the Evil Nine remix, Paul Woolford remix, R3volve remix and the Hybrid remix!

        Thanks

        Drew Ressler
        http://www.rukes.com/
      • dcraig@nmt.edu
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
          I didn't want to sound negative, but I was going to mention that the only
          one really worth getting is the Hybrid remix. The other's are really just
          bland with no character.

          Dan

          > Hybrid remix is the best by far (IMHO). Disappointed by the R3volve
          > version.
          >

          > From: Drew Ressler
          >
          > Beatport just put up the Future Funk Squad - Towards The Sun single up!
          > Has the Evil Nine remix, Paul Woolford remix, R3volve remix and the Hybrid
          > remix!
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Drew Ressler
          > http://www.rukes.com/

        • Thomas Touzimsky
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
            > Hybrid remix is the best by far (IMHO). Disappointed by the R3volve
            > version.

            I think Evil Nine's remix is best, with Hybrid coming in "only" second. Damn, it's the first single release of which the Hybrid remix isn't the best in my opinion... ;-)

            ..::// Thomas
          • R-Freshhhhhhhh...
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
              You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
                I actually think the opposite...I think the Revolve remix is above and
                beyond the best of the bunch, since it's very simple pop house, and does a
                great job at it.

                The Hybrid one sounds like classic Echoplex, although with ADD, it seems a
                bit all over the place...my second favorite of the remixes.

                Drew Ressler
                http://www.rukes.com/

                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 22, 2006
                  It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.

                  Dan

                  > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

                • Georgy
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 24, 2006
                    Just like their own tracks with a very few exception. :)

                    As much as I like the stuff they releases, still have to admit they
                    are one of the biggest recyclers.

                    Nobody mentioned the Woolford remix; that one sounds good as well
                    although his Underworld / Dylan Rhymes remixes were much better.

                    On 11/22/06, dcraig@... <dcraig@...> wrote:
                    > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.
                    >
                    > Dan
                    >
                    > > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

                  • R-Freshhhhhhhh...
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 25, 2006
                      Doesn't everybody "recycle"? That's all part of the art of sampling ; )
                      Most of what they've released the past 4 years has been right on point,
                      check out their new Timo Mass remix of "Picture"..............wicked!!!!!

                      Just like their own tracks with a very few exception. :)

                      As much as I like the stuff they releases, still have to admit they
                      are one of the biggest recyclers.

                      Nobody mentioned the Woolford remix; that one sounds good as well
                      although his Underworld / Dylan Rhymes remixes were much better.

                      On 11/22/06, dcraig@... <dcraig@...> wrote:
                      > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.
                      >
                      > Dan
                      >
                      > > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

                    • Thomas Touzimsky
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 26, 2006
                        > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.

                        At least you always know what you get. Guess it's love it or hate it.
                        I love it. :-)

                        ..::// Thomas
                      • ally @ hybrid-group.com
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 27, 2006
                          I'm not a massive fan of the original mix of Towards The Sun...but I
                          really like what Hybrid have done with this remix. Loving the beats.

                          I haven't heard the Evil 9 one yet...I might go and download it now
                          after all this debate :)

                          Ally

                        • Drew Ressler
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 26, 2006
                            Just in case anyone wasn't aware, I found a CD with an actual unmixed digital copy of the Satoshi Tomiie Remix of "Higher Than A Skyscraper".

                            It's from a Japanese compilation CD called "Traditional Tokyo Club":
                            http://www.discogs.com/release/550925

                            You can get it at www.amazon.co.jp

                            This is the only place to get a full audio unmixed copy of this track. Distinctive only released this as a 192kbps MP3 on their site, and the Y4K Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                            Thanks

                            Drew Ressler
                            http://www.rukes.com/
                          • Thomas Touzimsky
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 29, 2006
                              > and the Y4K Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                              It is?! Phew... guess I can scratch that one from my wishlist then.
                              Thanks for pointing out! :)

                              ..::// Thomas
                            • James Warren
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                                There's always the Y4K Sampler vinyl. Ripping will give you an unadulterated
                                wav.

                                _____

                                Just in case anyone wasn't aware, I found a CD with an actual unmixed
                                digital copy of the Satoshi Tomiie Remix of "Higher Than A Skyscraper".

                                It's from a Japanese compilation CD called "Traditional Tokyo Club":
                                http://www.discogs <http://www.discogs.com/release/550925>
                                com/release/550925

                                You can get it at www.amazon.co.jp

                                This is the only place to get a full audio unmixed copy of this track.
                                Distinctive only released this as a 192kbps MP3 on their site, and the Y4K
                                Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                                Thanks

                                Drew Ressler
                                http://www.rukes <http://www.rukes.com/> com/
                              • Thomas Touzimsky
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                                  > There's always the Y4K Sampler vinyl. Ripping will give you an
                                  > unadulterated wav.

                                  But what about the 3D dub...? (http://www.discogs.com/release/660124)

                                  ..::// Thomas
                                • dcraig@nmt.edu
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                                    Some people consider surface noise/pops/etc adulterated though.

                                    ~Dan