Towards The Sun - Hybrid Remix on Beatport

  • Drew Ressler
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 17, 2006
      Beatport just put up the Future Funk Squad - Towards The Sun single up! Has
      the Evil Nine remix, Paul Woolford remix, R3volve remix and the Hybrid
      remix!

      Thanks

      Drew Ressler
      http://www.rukes.com/
    • James
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 20, 2006
        For any subscribers of eMusic, I just checked, and the Towards the Sun
        single (with all of its wonderful remixes) is available there, too! I
        only had two downloads left this month... I'm glad I checked!

        James M.

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Drew Ressler" <rukes@...> wrote:

        > Beatport just put up the Future Funk Squad - Towards The Sun single
        up!
      • James Warren
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 20, 2006
          Hybrid remix is the best by far (IMHO). Disappointed by the R3volve version.

          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
            I didn't want to sound negative, but I was going to mention that the only
            one really worth getting is the Hybrid remix. The other's are really just
            bland with no character.

            Dan

            > Hybrid remix is the best by far (IMHO). Disappointed by the R3volve
            > version.
            >

            > From: Drew Ressler
            >
            > Beatport just put up the Future Funk Squad - Towards The Sun single up!
            > Has the Evil Nine remix, Paul Woolford remix, R3volve remix and the Hybrid
            > remix!
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Drew Ressler
            > http://www.rukes.com/

          • Thomas Touzimsky
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
              > Hybrid remix is the best by far (IMHO). Disappointed by the R3volve
              > version.

              I think Evil Nine's remix is best, with Hybrid coming in "only" second. Damn, it's the first single release of which the Hybrid remix isn't the best in my opinion... ;-)

              ..::// Thomas
            • R-Freshhhhhhhh...
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
                You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 21, 2006
                  I actually think the opposite...I think the Revolve remix is above and
                  beyond the best of the bunch, since it's very simple pop house, and does a
                  great job at it.

                  The Hybrid one sounds like classic Echoplex, although with ADD, it seems a
                  bit all over the place...my second favorite of the remixes.

                  Drew Ressler
                  http://www.rukes.com/

                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 22, 2006
                    It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.

                    Dan

                    > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

                  • Georgy
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 24, 2006
                      Just like their own tracks with a very few exception. :)

                      As much as I like the stuff they releases, still have to admit they
                      are one of the biggest recyclers.

                      Nobody mentioned the Woolford remix; that one sounds good as well
                      although his Underworld / Dylan Rhymes remixes were much better.

                      On 11/22/06, dcraig@... <dcraig@...> wrote:
                      > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.
                      >
                      > Dan
                      >
                      > > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

                    • R-Freshhhhhhhh...
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 25, 2006
                        Doesn't everybody "recycle"? That's all part of the art of sampling ; )
                        Most of what they've released the past 4 years has been right on point,
                        check out their new Timo Mass remix of "Picture"..............wicked!!!!!

                        Just like their own tracks with a very few exception. :)

                        As much as I like the stuff they releases, still have to admit they
                        are one of the biggest recyclers.

                        Nobody mentioned the Woolford remix; that one sounds good as well
                        although his Underworld / Dylan Rhymes remixes were much better.

                        On 11/22/06, dcraig@... <dcraig@...> wrote:
                        > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.
                        >
                        > Dan
                        >
                        > > You're crazy Dan, that Evil remix is tha sh!t ; )

                      • Thomas Touzimsky
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 26, 2006
                          > It's like every other Evil remix they've ever done.

                          At least you always know what you get. Guess it's love it or hate it.
                          I love it. :-)

                          ..::// Thomas
                        • ally @ hybrid-group.com
                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 27, 2006
                            I'm not a massive fan of the original mix of Towards The Sun...but I
                            really like what Hybrid have done with this remix. Loving the beats.

                            I haven't heard the Evil 9 one yet...I might go and download it now
                            after all this debate :)

                            Ally

                          • Drew Ressler
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 26, 2006
                              Just in case anyone wasn't aware, I found a CD with an actual unmixed digital copy of the Satoshi Tomiie Remix of "Higher Than A Skyscraper".

                              It's from a Japanese compilation CD called "Traditional Tokyo Club":
                              http://www.discogs.com/release/550925

                              You can get it at www.amazon.co.jp

                              This is the only place to get a full audio unmixed copy of this track. Distinctive only released this as a 192kbps MP3 on their site, and the Y4K Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                              Thanks

                              Drew Ressler
                              http://www.rukes.com/
                            • Thomas Touzimsky
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 29, 2006
                                > and the Y4K Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                                It is?! Phew... guess I can scratch that one from my wishlist then.
                                Thanks for pointing out! :)

                                ..::// Thomas
                              • James Warren
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                                  There's always the Y4K Sampler vinyl. Ripping will give you an unadulterated
                                  wav.

                                  _____

                                  Just in case anyone wasn't aware, I found a CD with an actual unmixed
                                  digital copy of the Satoshi Tomiie Remix of "Higher Than A Skyscraper".

                                  It's from a Japanese compilation CD called "Traditional Tokyo Club":
                                  http://www.discogs <http://www.discogs.com/release/550925>
                                  com/release/550925

                                  You can get it at www.amazon.co.jp

                                  This is the only place to get a full audio unmixed copy of this track.
                                  Distinctive only released this as a 192kbps MP3 on their site, and the Y4K
                                  Sampler Promo is just the 192kbs MP3 converted back to WAV.

                                  Thanks

                                  Drew Ressler
                                  http://www.rukes <http://www.rukes.com/> com/
                                • Thomas Touzimsky
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                                    > There's always the Y4K Sampler vinyl. Ripping will give you an
                                    > unadulterated wav.

                                    But what about the 3D dub...? (http://www.discogs.com/release/660124)

                                    ..::// Thomas
                                  • dcraig@nmt.edu
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                                      Some people consider surface noise/pops/etc adulterated though.

                                      ~Dan