Cascade Track (Unreleased)...

  • perrytosh
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 28, 2006
      Hello All,
      First off, I'd like to thank you all for your great input into this
      forum...it has provided me with some very resourceful information and
      its much appreciated.

      Now onto my question:

      Does anyone have the Hybrid track "Cascade" ? Is there anywhere that I
      can get my hands on it. I hear on the soundsystem site and have been
      yearning for this track since first hearing it. Its absolutely
      beautiful and hits point to the tracks from Wide Angle. The track runs
      through my head constantly. So, as you guys can see I really badly want
      this track and if someone can provide info. on how to get it, I would
      forever owe you.

      Thank you so much in advance,
      Perry
    • chrismix50
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 31, 2006
        Well...you can get it on CD. Infact I know a couple online stores that
        sell it.

        It is on the Scores CD that Hybrid released for use in media campaigns
        and the such.

        Only issue is you have to prove that you are a member of specific
        advert / radio / TV agencies before they let you buy a copy. So it
        just sort of sits there and taunts you.

        There are copies of the scores CD floating around, a guy on discogs
        has it. I suppose you could try to buy it from him. Either way its not
        going to be easy, nor cheap to get it.

        -Chris

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "perrytosh" <perrytosh@...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        > First off, I'd like to thank you all for your great input into this
        > forum...it has provided me with some very resourceful information and
        > its much appreciated.
        >
        > Now onto my question:
        >
        > Does anyone have the Hybrid track "Cascade" ? Is there anywhere that I
        > can get my hands on it. I hear on the soundsystem site and have been
        > yearning for this track since first hearing it. Its absolutely
        > beautiful and hits point to the tracks from Wide Angle. The track runs
        > through my head constantly. So, as you guys can see I really badly want
        > this track and if someone can provide info. on how to get it, I would
        > forever owe you.
        >
        > Thank you so much in advance,
        > Perry

      • Darrin Maunders
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 9, 2006
          chrismix50 wrote:

          Well...you can get it on CD. Infact I know a couple online stores that
          sell it.

          I don't see any reason for not providing the link to said place that
          sells that CD. I know someone in advertising who could probably obtain a
          copy.

          P.S. Has anyone noticed how Yahoo Groups have removed the option to have
          emails sent as Non-HTML? I Hate HTML in my emails :(
        • marksl8r
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 10, 2007
            Easiest way to get it is to find a torrent of "Scores" (mininova.org is
            where I found it), the first track is called "Rise Again" and it is
            Cascade.

            I am very intrigued about the Original Scores Vol 1 & 2 that someone
            has on discogs.com as this looks different to Scores. Someone on the
            facebook group was writing about it the other day and he said it was
            well worth checking out - any ideas??
          • marksl8r
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 10, 2007
              Any chance you could pass those links on? I work in advertising so may
              stand a chance of being able to bag it. One thing though, are you
              referring to Scores (3 CDs, first CD is full length mixes, second is 1
              minute edits, third is 30 sec edits) or are you refering to Original
              Scores Vol 1 & Vol 2 that the bloke on Discogs is taunting us all with?

              I already have Scores but am desperate for Original Scores Vol 1 & 2

              Cheers
            • Georgy
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 12, 2007
                Amazing. When I only mentioned Scores years ago, the message was censored and now an "advice how to get it" can go through. Things change. That's why I'm wondering why this list is still moderated? What are you/we afraid of? Harsh language? Some criticism against the
                mighty Hybrid? Or download links? I can find links sooner than my e-mail client starts.

                This list is slower than Apple pulling a new operation system out. No real discussions can go on when you get a response in 2 days; it just doesn't matter anymore.

                Why not let all messages go through instantly and warn those who misbehave?

                [[[Moderator (Alan) says: Back then Scores was strictly promotional and only going to those people who could conceivably help Hybrid pursue their dream of scoring a movie or three. Not such an issue, now.

                Yes, the list has been slow and that's my fault as much as anyone's, the moderators are all busy people, moreso of late it would seem.

                This list is officially sanctioned by Hybrid and Distinct'ive, as such any info going out on it should be either clearly the opinion of the poster or official information, any confusion between the two could reflect negatively on either (or both) of the official parties mentioned (Hybrid and Distinct'ive).

                I appreciate your frustration at the speed of the moderation and I will do my best to improve on that score (heh-heh), thanks for your patience.]]]

                On 6/10/07, marksl8r <marksl8r@...> wrote:
                Easiest way to get it is to find a torrent of "Scores" (mininova.org is where I found it), the first track is called "Rise Again" and it is Cascade.

                I am very intrigued about the Original Scores Vol 1 & 2 that someone has on discogs.com as this looks different to Scores. Someone on the facebook group was writing about it the other day and he said it was well worth checking out - any ideas??
              • s_lobo_2
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 14, 2007
                  Here's a comprehensive Wikipedia entry about the Scores release:

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scores_(Hybrid_album)

                  [[[Moderator (Alan) says: Depending on your browser that link will truncate at the first parenthesis "(", so best to copy and paste the link.]]]

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 15, 2007
                    OMFG awesome compilation. But haven't some of these tracks been released under different names? I get a little confused with names of tracks sometimes.
                  • Thomas Touzimsky
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 15, 2007
                      Rise Again -> Cascade (I think?)
                      Coup De Grace -> In Good We Trust (Y4K version)
                      Miscreant -> Celebrity Science
                      Nightbreed -> The Drop (Y4K "man on fire" version)
                      Outta Time -> Dream Stalker
                      Let It All Out -> Zulu (original score)
                      What Lies Beneath -> Keep It In The Family

                      However, some of these have been reworked for final release or miss parts that were added later - "Outta Time" for example misses the vocals in the breakdown and the complete second half of the song, while "What Lies Beneath" doesn't feature the gorgeous string section from "Keep It In The Family".

                      ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
                      "Life Is Short, Eat Dessert First!" - Jaques Torres

                      > OMFG awesome compilation. But haven't some of these tracks been
                      > released under different names?
                    • jtstarkiller
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 16, 2007
                        Here's the list with two little updates from me...

                        Rise Again -> Cascade
                        Hearts Desire -> Perry Farrell's Satellite Party - Wish Upon a Dog Star
                        Coup De Grace -> In Good We Trust (Y4K version) and elements of All I Want
                        Miscreant -> Celebrity Science
                        Nightbreed -> The Drop (Y4K "man on fire" version)
                        Outta Time -> Dream Stalker
                        Let It All Out -> Zulu (original score)
                        What Lies Beneath -> Keep It In The Family

                        Credit for most of this goes to Thomas.
                      • Trent Saunders
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 18, 2007
                          On the topic of obscure Hybrid tracks:

                          Check out the tracks 'SANCHEZ FAMILY' and 'THE RAVE' from the man on fire soundtrack- very cool, the percussive rattle sound from the boys old track Altitude is in 'THE RAVE' you can't miss it =)