Re: Hybrid DJ Set? + INFO Glasgow Chew The Fat! Chris Healings

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
      The good news is that my car managed to get to Glasgow before
      breaking down somewhere near the city centre. Not to let this spoil
      my night I went along to the Sub Club last Friday and was delighted
      to spot Chris enjoying a crafty ciggie before his set outside the
      club. Managed to chat to him for 5 mins and got a few bits of
      info. Some I can share and some I dare n't share ;-)

      Chris confirmed his favourite track as 'I Choose Noise'.
      Interestingly he mentioned that they had sampled the brass section
      from a VERY well known 70's sci-fi film title track and put it
      through REAKTOR for part of this tune (you'll have to work it out,
      unless it has already been mentioned in the DVD from Future Music
      Mag which I still have n't seen!)

      He once again used a 4 letter profanity to describe Morning Sci Fi
      (without prompting I may add), although I pointed out that they did
      pick up quite a few fans through that release, and that I personally
      liked it.

      Apparently Mike scans through the messages on this list when he gets
      chance. Think he was doing that to pick up ideas from group members
      prior to MSF which Chris partially attributed to the albums lack of
      direction (as perceived by Chris/Mike).

      'Keep It In The Family' is a joke title with incestual connatations
      referring to the stereotypical (or possibly factual? ;-)) view of
      people who come from Wales.

      He mentioned that he was gutted for days after events at the Glade
      live performance and that they made an extra special effort to make
      it up at Global Gathering (which was awesome IMO). Chris blamed the
      poor sound and confirmed that they could n't hear each other on
      stage which caused loads of problems. he made me chuckle when he
      did an impression of his rather solemn speech on stage just before
      they walked off at Glade.

      Also got a couple of pics in which I look very happy despite
      soberness (as a designated driver alas)

      All in all a cracking set from Chris which impressed even some of my
      non dance music loving friends! No album tracks in there but
      the 'Papua New Guinea' & 'Everything In It's Right Place' remixes
      did get a spin. Also played a unknown remix of Smack My Bitch Up
      which got the place rocking!

      Ben

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com"
      <ally@...> wrote:

      > Their usual DJ set diary seems a bit screwed up, so I checked on
      > Distinct'ive's site and they aren't listing it...
      >
      > I'll see if I can find out.
      >
      > Ally
      >

      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Was casually surfing the net and found this
      > >
      > > http://www.colours.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1154305464
      > >
      > > http://glasgow.gumtree.com/glasgow/09/5567909.html
      > >
      > > Is this confirmed Ally?
      > >
      > > Lucky for me I happen to be in holiday in Scotland for the week
      > > staying 60 miles away so I'll be convincing my friends to come
      along
      > > hopefully.
      > >
      > > Hope to see some of you there!
      > >
      > > Ben

    • Alex C
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
        The Prodigy remix was Seb Fontaine's remix of Smack My Bitch Up - an
        excellent track, I recon, and Chris also played Hybrid's new Chime remix -
        which was possibly the best track all night.

        I didn't get a chance to speak to him, as we had to run all the way from a
        pub the other end of Glasgow, but we made it in time for the first track and
        I managed to slip him my business card (although I was a bit drunk, and in
        retrospective I doubt he'll even think twice about emailing or whatever!)