I Choose Noise - Bonus DVD - To set the record straight

  • Nick Bower
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31 12:26 AM
      Hello people

      There's been quite a bit of discussion/rumours on the list about the
      bonus Global Gathering live DVD - which may/may not be included with
      the release of 'I Choose Noise'.

      Here's where we set the record straight for you all:

      The original plan was to include a bonus CD in the physical release of
      'I Choose Noise'. This was going to be a DVD of the live show at God's
      Global Gathering. This set was recorded and filmed but unfortunately
      both Hybrid and Distinct'ive were not happy that the recording was up
      to standard. There were some technical faults and some setup
      difficulties, so the decision was made not to include it. There were
      no other live sets available for recording before the album was
      manufactured, hence the 1 CD - which is reflected in the price.

      Some retailers have advertised the DVD as we have to give information
      to them months in advance. In some cases they haven't taken this
      information down when asked.

      Distinct'ive have gone back to the drawing board to think about a
      another release where we can include a DVD of a future show. We'll let
      you all know about any such release when Distinct'ive let us know.

      Hope this clears things up for you all.

      Cheers

      Nick
    • Richard Gray
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 31 2:18 AM
        You know what this means? New Year present of the December 1st live gig in
        Manchester (I hope)!!!
      • d moffett
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 31 7:49 AM
          Something to look forward to:

          The Coachella performance was filmed by a professional
          (looking) camera crew. I would guess that they were
          affiliated with Goldenvoice and that the footage will
          be included in future Coachella DVDs. That was a
          great show, and I will certainly be on the lookout for
          that release.

          Happy 'Noise'-ing everyone

          Dave
        • Kiri Hatton
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
            Ooh that would be sweet! :-D

            >From: Richard Gray <zumo_juice@...>
            >To: <HybridUK@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: [Hybrid] Re: I Choose Noise - Bonus DVD - To set the record
            >straight
            >Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:18:39 +0100
            >
            >You know what this means? New Year present of the December 1st live gig in
            >Manchester (I hope)!!!

          • Georgy
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 7, 2006
              Just forget the DVD with live footage especially if the sound is that
              crappy as it is on the Morning Sci-Fi DVD.

              Rather bring on the 24bit DVD-A bonus DVD with DTS and DD5.1 mixes.
              That's what trendy these days.

              Sound/music is what important. :)

              On 8/31/06, Nick Bower <nickbower2000@...> wrote:

              > Distinct'ive have gone back to the drawing board to think about a
              > another release where we can include a DVD of a future show. We'll let
              > you all know about any such release when Distinct'ive let us know.
              >
              > Hope this clears things up for you all.
              >
              > Cheers
              >
              > Nick
            • Matt A.
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 7, 2006
                I think Hybrid's music, particularly this album, would sound AWESOME in DTS or DD5.1. Regardless of what you may think of "Hooligan Spirit" (and I love it), I think that track SCREAMS for it with all the stereoscopic effects already in there.