I Choose Noise Questions

  • mantonich134156MI@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 8:20 AM
      I just pre-ordered my copy of I Choose Noise from Amazon.co.uk, but I've got 3 questions that hopefully Ally will be able to answer (or get an answer for):

      1) Does anyone know the US release date of the album? September 4th is a Monday and our Labor Day holiday, so there's no mail service, which means the earliest I could get it would be the next day. Tuesdays are our New Release days over here and if the album drops September 5th in the US, I'll save myself the shipping charges.

      2) Will there be a vinyl version of the record as well?

      3) Will the album be available for purchase on iTunes (US, since we Statesiders cannot access the UK music store) or through Distinctive in mp3 format? I will gladly purchase a digital version of the album in addition to a physical copy just so I can listen to it on September 4th instead of waiting for my import copy to arrive.

      P.S. - The EP is fantastic and I can't wait to hear the full album.
    • ally @ hybrid-group.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3 6:10 AM
        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, mantonich134156MI@... wrote:

        > I just pre-ordered my copy of I Choose Noise from Amazon.co.uk,
        but I've got 3 questions that hopefully Ally will be able to answer
        (or get an answer for):

        I've gone away like the good little girl that I am and have got you
        some answers...

        > 1) Does anyone know the US release date of the album? September
        4th is a Monday and our Labor Day holiday, so there's no mail
        service, which means the earliest I could get it would be the next
        day. Tuesdays are our New Release days over here and if the album
        drops September 5th in the US, I'll save myself the shipping charges.

        The U.S release date will be the 10th or 17th October. This is
        because the distributors over there have huge lead times. However it
        will be available from Distinct'ive both physically and digitally
        (at 320 kbps) from the 4th or maybe a few days earlier.

        > 2) Will there be a vinyl version of the record as well?

        Distinct'ive are not looking at vinyl at the moment for the album,
        however they're planning extensive remixes of the tracks (I'll let
        you know who when confirmed) that will see vinyl releases.

        > 3) Will the album be available for purchase on iTunes (US, since
        we Statesiders cannot access the UK music store) or through
        Distinctive in mp3 format? I will gladly purchase a digital version
        of the album in addition to a physical copy just so I can listen to
        it on September 4th instead of waiting for my import copy to arrive.

        The album will be on iTunes, Beatport and about 100 other online
        stores from Sep 4th.

        The basic rule is that they'll have the releases on the Distinct'ive
        site about a week before it rolls out to other retaileres.

        Hope that answers your questions :)