Re: Global Gathering

  • ally @ hybrid-group.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
      I wasn't that keen on Fatboy on Saturday at 9pm (I didn't catch his
      set later on)...I got a bit bored after 20 mins and wandered off.
      Maybe it was because he was outside, so the sound was a bit
      iffy...just seemed a bit quiet and sleepy.

      I didn't catch anyone else on Friday, as I was with Hybrid. I quite
      fancied seeing Groove Armada and Daft Punk...anyone else see them?

      I'm looking forward to Creamfields in a few weeks...Live sets from
      Prodigy and Goldfrapp should entertain quite nicely :)

      Ally

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "same2far" <same2far@...> wrote:

      > Definitely, but it could have been another Glade which would have
      been
      > worse! Who else did you guys catch/rate. I thought Sasha played a
      > class set and as always (despite sell-out appeal) fatboy made me get
      > my groove on. There were a couple of other early dj's in the air tent
      > that i thought were good though i think the schedule wasn't quite
      spot
      > on so I'm not sure who they were. Only thing I thought was missing
      was
      > more more chilled bands/djs on saturday afternoon before it all got
      > messy in the evening again.
      >
      > Sam
    • same2far
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
        Groove Armada was good, bit more of a carribean vibe than last time I
        saw them. New songs sound good (though not classics.. It probably
        helped that i was only a few yards from the front for fatboy...
        Saturday was def a weaker lineup for me lots of hardhouse, trance and
        drum and bass which I'm a little over these days. Creamfields should
        be ace, but I'm skint now so will have to rely on second-hand reports
        of prodigy's greatnes ... again...

        Sam

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...>
        wrote:

        > I wasn't that keen on Fatboy on Saturday at 9pm (I didn't catch his
        > set later on)...I got a bit bored after 20 mins and wandered off.
        > Maybe it was because he was outside, so the sound was a bit
        > iffy...just seemed a bit quiet and sleepy.
        >
        > I didn't catch anyone else on Friday, as I was with Hybrid. I quite
        > fancied seeing Groove Armada and Daft Punk...anyone else see them?
        >
        > I'm looking forward to Creamfields in a few weeks...Live sets from
        > Prodigy and Goldfrapp should entertain quite nicely :)
        >
        > Ally
        >

        > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "same2far" <same2far@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Definitely, but it could have been another Glade which would have
        > been
        > > worse! Who else did you guys catch/rate. I thought Sasha played a
        > > class set and as always (despite sell-out appeal) fatboy made me get
        > > my groove on. There were a couple of other early dj's in the air tent
        > > that i thought were good though i think the schedule wasn't quite
        > spot
        > > on so I'm not sure who they were. Only thing I thought was missing
        > was
        > > more more chilled bands/djs on saturday afternoon before it all got
        > > messy in the evening again.
        > >
        > > Sam

      • Ben Abrams
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 2, 2006
          I loved Fatboys set at 9pm.. It was far better than I was expecting.

          Groove Armada were superb and I agree that Sasha played a blinder