Re: Global Gathering

  • same2far
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
      Definitely, but it could have been another Glade which would have been
      worse! Who else did you guys catch/rate. I thought Sasha played a
      class set and as always (despite sell-out appeal) fatboy made me get
      my groove on. There were a couple of other early dj's in the air tent
      that i thought were good though i think the schedule wasn't quite spot
      on so I'm not sure who they were. Only thing I thought was missing was
      more more chilled bands/djs on saturday afternoon before it all got
      messy in the evening again.

      Sam

    • ally @ hybrid-group.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
        I wasn't that keen on Fatboy on Saturday at 9pm (I didn't catch his
        set later on)...I got a bit bored after 20 mins and wandered off.
        Maybe it was because he was outside, so the sound was a bit
        iffy...just seemed a bit quiet and sleepy.

        I didn't catch anyone else on Friday, as I was with Hybrid. I quite
        fancied seeing Groove Armada and Daft Punk...anyone else see them?

        I'm looking forward to Creamfields in a few weeks...Live sets from
        Prodigy and Goldfrapp should entertain quite nicely :)

        Ally

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "same2far" <same2far@...> wrote:

        > Definitely, but it could have been another Glade which would have
        been
        > worse! Who else did you guys catch/rate. I thought Sasha played a
        > class set and as always (despite sell-out appeal) fatboy made me get
        > my groove on. There were a couple of other early dj's in the air tent
        > that i thought were good though i think the schedule wasn't quite
        spot
        > on so I'm not sure who they were. Only thing I thought was missing
        was
        > more more chilled bands/djs on saturday afternoon before it all got
        > messy in the evening again.
        >
        > Sam
      • same2far
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
          Groove Armada was good, bit more of a carribean vibe than last time I
          saw them. New songs sound good (though not classics.. It probably
          helped that i was only a few yards from the front for fatboy...
          Saturday was def a weaker lineup for me lots of hardhouse, trance and
          drum and bass which I'm a little over these days. Creamfields should
          be ace, but I'm skint now so will have to rely on second-hand reports
          of prodigy's greatnes ... again...

          Sam

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...>
          wrote:

          > I wasn't that keen on Fatboy on Saturday at 9pm (I didn't catch his
          > set later on)...I got a bit bored after 20 mins and wandered off.
          > Maybe it was because he was outside, so the sound was a bit
          > iffy...just seemed a bit quiet and sleepy.
          >
          > I didn't catch anyone else on Friday, as I was with Hybrid. I quite
          > fancied seeing Groove Armada and Daft Punk...anyone else see them?
          >
          > I'm looking forward to Creamfields in a few weeks...Live sets from
          > Prodigy and Goldfrapp should entertain quite nicely :)
          >
          > Ally
          >

          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "same2far" <same2far@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Definitely, but it could have been another Glade which would have
          > been
          > > worse! Who else did you guys catch/rate. I thought Sasha played a
          > > class set and as always (despite sell-out appeal) fatboy made me get
          > > my groove on. There were a couple of other early dj's in the air tent
          > > that i thought were good though i think the schedule wasn't quite
          > spot
          > > on so I'm not sure who they were. Only thing I thought was missing
          > was
          > > more more chilled bands/djs on saturday afternoon before it all got
          > > messy in the evening again.
          > >
          > > Sam

        • Ben Abrams
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 2, 2006
            I loved Fatboys set at 9pm.. It was far better than I was expecting.

            Groove Armada were superb and I agree that Sasha played a blinder