new chillout music?

  • Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2006
      hey everyone,
      i've been looking for some good new stuff to listen to while i'm
      working hard at my drawing table, chillout stuff seems to work best for
      me.
      any ideas.
      i have come across one artist whom i just love. her name is kate
      havnevik. she's great. she's worked with our friend carmen rizzo,
      that's how i came across her.
      if you like orchestral arrangements with electronic flair, and she sort
      of sounds like bjork but not as weird, then you'll love her.
      i've got her song, "new day" up on my myspace page, it's got a
      beautiful intro with strings and horns, and then it gets all crazy
      towards the end.
      you can find her on myspace and itunes.
      great album.
      oh another artist i really like, is feist.
      she has a fun and childlike voice. "mushaboom" is a happy song. and
      she covers the bee gees, "inside and out," really great to sing along
      to.
      i sing "lonely lonely" when i'm lonely.
      anyways, i'd love any and all of your personal favorites.
      www.myspace.com/sweetcarolyn
    • Nick Bower
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 30, 2006
        Kate Havnevik is amazing. She's worked with Royksopp too...on their
        latest album. I was lucky enough to catch her singing live with them
        when they toured. She's got a brilliant vocal range.

        I listen to loads of chillout Carolyn - about as much as I do
        breaks/prog etc. There's some really amazing music out there when you
        start looking beneath the surface....some quite obsure but achingly
        beautiful electronica that rarely gets airplay. I really like some of
        the stuff that Jon Hopkins does...

        :)

        Nick

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff

      • dcraig@nmt.edu
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 30, 2006
          I just recently heard an album called Precious Time by Euphoria that I've
          enjoyed. My brother told me it was downtempo electronic with slide
          guitars, so if that sounds interesting you might give it a listen. The
          first track on the album is my favorite, it's a little more upbeat, and
          damned funky.

          Dan

          > hey everyone,
          > i've been looking for some good new stuff to listen to while i'm
          > working hard at my drawing table, chillout stuff seems to work best for
          > me.
          > any ideas.
          > i have come across one artist whom i just love. her name is kate
          > havnevik. she's great. she's worked with our friend carmen rizzo,
          > that's how i came across her.
          > if you like orchestral arrangements with electronic flair, and she sort
          > of sounds like bjork but not as weird, then you'll love her.
          > i've got her song, "new day" up on my myspace page, it's got a
          > beautiful intro with strings and horns, and then it gets all crazy
          > towards the end.
          > you can find her on myspace and itunes.
          > great album.
          > oh another artist i really like, is feist.
          > she has a fun and childlike voice. "mushaboom" is a happy song. and
          > she covers the bee gees, "inside and out," really great to sing along
          > to.
          > i sing "lonely lonely" when i'm lonely.
          > anyways, i'd love any and all of your personal favorites.
          > www.myspace.com/sweetcarolyn

        • Andy P
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 30, 2006
            I was totally drawing and just listening to the Mocky Mushaboom remix when I read this!! Crazy.

            As for chillout, I would recommend anything off of Hefty Records...it's very electronic and sort of experimental, but Telefon tel Aviv is my favourite to listen to. Groove Armada's album Vertigo is pretty laid back... Also, I like the Irresistable Force, Jaffa, Zero 7, and the New Deal (Feist even sings on one the new deal's tracks!) ...all very good evening/drawing/chilling music, in my opinion. :)

            Supa

            From: Carolyn Suzanne Pfaff <sweetcarolyn@...>

            hey everyone,
            i've been looking for some good new stuff to listen to while i'm working hard at my drawing table, chillout stuff seems to work best for me. any ideas?

            i have come across one artist whom i just love. her name is kate havnevik. she's great. she's worked with our friend carmen rizzo,
            >that's how i came across her. if you like orchestral arrangements with electronic flair, and she sort of sounds like bjork but not as weird, then you'll love her. i've got her song, "new day" up on my myspace page, it's got a beautiful intro with strings and horns, and then it gets all crazy towards the end.

            you can find her on myspace and itunes. great album. oh another artist i really like, is feist. she has a fun and childlike voice. "mushaboom" is a happy song. and she covers the bee gees, "inside and out," really great to sing along to.

            i sing "lonely lonely" when i'm lonely. anyways, i'd love any and all of your personal favorites.

            www.myspace.com/sweetcarolyn
          • nineinchfoo

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 30, 2006
                  hey c note...

                  chillout eh?

                  ive just released a chillout set that i had lost for quite sometime on a corrupt drive.. that i somehow managed to salvage after.. over a year... its even got a hybrid track in it...

                  the set should be posted on hybridized.org in a few days.. its called continue m. they have recently posted another set that i did over a year ago.. but couldn't release because of some unreleased trax on it.. its called a mid summer night's groove... its not chillout or anything.. but its pretty laid back

                  :)
                • hybrid_junkie
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
                    I'd recommend the two albums by Conjure One - People will probably
                    recognise the name as Hybrid remixed their track 'tears from the
                    moon'

                    The first album was just self-titled and the latest one is called
                    extraordinary ways.

                    I find they are the perfect albums for chilling out to!
                  • dcraig@nmt.edu
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
                      My brother is visiting for the 4th of July and he just introduced me to an
                      album that just came out last week by Sleepthief called The Dawnseeker.
                      It's really excellent and the vocal collab's reads like a who's who of
                      female etheral voices. Kirsty Hawkshaw (we all know her), Kristy Thirsk
                      (of Delerium), Caroline Lavelle (everyone including Chicane and BT), Jody
                      Quine (Balligomingo), Harland (Delerium, Junkie XL etc..., Nicola
                      Hitchcock (of Mandalay)... and that's not all.

                      Dan

                      > I'd recommend the two albums by Conjure One - People will probably
                      > recognise the name as Hybrid remixed their track 'tears from the
                      > moon'
                      >
                      > The first album was just self-titled and the latest one is called
                      > extraordinary ways.
                      >
                      > I find they are the perfect albums for chilling out to!

                    • Ben Abrams
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 2, 2006
                        Bonobo are excellent... also worth checking out Leggo Beast, a little
                        bit different to your run of the mill chillout..

                        Both were at the Big Chill festival last year, definitely the best
                        acts I saw