Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [Hybrid] Re: I seek clarity...

Expand Messages
  • Antti Mutta
    Hey, the Godspeed Hybrid Dub is excellent, gotta love that piano breakdown!
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 29, 2001
    • 0 Attachment
      Hey, the Godspeed Hybrid Dub is excellent, gotta love that piano breakdown!


      > Well, BT's Godspeed comes to mind... I thought the Hybrid mixes were
      > even more bland than the original.
      >
      > Hmmm... although the original is more than a bit dated, the original
      > Cafe Del Mar was pretty classic and really didn't need Hybridization.
      > Ditto Papau New Guinea (though Hybrid's mix is good, the original is
      > still better).
      >
      > Mike
    • Matthew Craig
      Well when Wider Angle was first released I heard that it was a compilation of different live sets... they just went back and sequenced them together after the
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 29, 2001
      • 0 Attachment
        Well when Wider Angle was first released I heard that it was a compilation
        of different live sets... they just went back and sequenced them together
        after the fact. (The extremely spotty crowd noise supports this)

        I don't think anybody but the Hybruid boys know where every track is
        actually from.

        Oh, and just FYI. I've seen some "Live in Tokyo" mp3's that are actually
        The Chemistry Club set (Amsterdam) from the Japanese release of Wide Angle..

        --Matthew Craig (Flashpoint)
        _________________________________________________________________
        Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
      • Drew Ressler
        Well, don t forget, the CD came out a few years ago, so they would have to be pretty good time travelers to use last years WMC as the live disc :) --Rukes ...
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 29, 2001
        • 0 Attachment
          Well, don't forget, the CD came out a few years ago, so they would have to
          be pretty good time travelers to use last years WMC as the live disc :)

          --Rukes
          ----- Original Message -----
          From: <pmc@...>
          To: <HybridUK@yahoogroups.com>
          Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 5:25 AM
          Subject: [Hybrid] Re: I seek clarity...


          > Okay not wanting to be a bit controversial BUT perhaps both discs are
          > exactly the same AND the live recording isn't really from either
          > Tokyo or Sydney. didn't hybrid to a live set in Miami last year for
          > the WMC..?
          >
          > P
          >
          >
          > --- In HybridUK@y..., Mike Henderson <myq@x> wrote:
          > >
          > > Okay, I
          > chuckled...
          > >
          >
          > > So, now it's a complete
          > mystery:
          > > 1) My Wider Angle CD2 does not say WHERE the live tracks are from,
          > but
          > > it is identical in tracklist, times, and sound as Live
          > Angle:Sydney
          > > 2) Live Angle: Sydney obviously says it was live in Sydney.
          > Unless
          > > this really is "The Sydney Nightclub" in Tokyo or something
          > as
          > >
          > goofy...
          > > 3) Rukes' copy of Wider Angle CD2 was stickered as "Live in Tokyo"
          > and
          > > sounds like it is probably identical to my CD2, which is the same
          > as
          > > Live Angle
          > Sydney.
          > >
          >
          > > Yeeaarrgh! As an obsessive compulsive collector, I demand to know
          > what
          > > the <insert expletive of choice> is going on??!
          > *weep*weep*
          > >
          > >
          > >Mike
          >
          >
          >
          > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          > Vote for your favourite Hybrid remix on the new CD at:
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/polls
          > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          >
          >
          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          >
          >
          >
        • Jitesh Mistry
          I thought that evil DJ George Acosta buggered up that set in Miami last year and so I believe that the Live Angle set isn t from Miami. Please correct me if
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 29, 2001
          • 0 Attachment
            I thought that evil DJ George Acosta buggered up that set in Miami last
            year and so I believe that the Live Angle set isn't from Miami.

            Please correct me if I'm wrong.

            Later,
            Jits.
          • pmc@orange.net
            Well the studio is a wonderful thing perhaps the live is not so live.... Sleve notes to the the wider angle cd say that All the above tracks were mixed,
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 29, 2001
            • 0 Attachment
              Well the studio is a wonderful thing perhaps the live is not so
              live....

              Sleve notes to the the wider angle cd say that 'All the above tracks
              were mixed, edited and re-worked' Sorry if I'm being a little
              cheeky!

              P ;o)


              --- In HybridUK@y..., "Jitesh Mistry" <JiteshMistry2@a...> wrote:
              > I thought that evil DJ George Acosta buggered up that set in Miami
              last
              > year and so I believe that the Live Angle set isn't from Miami.
              >
              > Please correct me if I'm wrong.
              >
              > Later,
              > Jits.
            • pmc@orange.net
              Well... The orginal album theme from wide angle came out in 1999... The wider angle cd came out towards the middle of 2000 so I think it could easily be the
              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 29, 2001
              • 0 Attachment
                Well...

                The orginal album theme from wide angle came out in 1999...

                The wider angle cd came out towards the middle of 2000 so I think it
                could easily be the set from the WMC in March...

                P

                --- In HybridUK@y..., Drew Ressler <rukes@o...> wrote:
                > Well, don't forget, the CD came out a few years ago, so they would
                have to
                > be pretty good time travelers to use last years WMC as the live
                disc :)
                >
                > --Rukes
                > ----- Original Message -----
                > From: <pmc@o...>
                > To: <HybridUK@y...>
                > Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 5:25 AM
                > Subject: [Hybrid] Re: I seek clarity...
                >
                >
                > > Okay not wanting to be a bit controversial BUT perhaps both discs
                are
                > > exactly the same AND the live recording isn't really from either
                > > Tokyo or Sydney. didn't hybrid to a live set in Miami last year
                for
                > > the WMC..?
                > >
                > > P
                > >
                > >
                > > --- In HybridUK@y..., Mike Henderson <myq@x> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Okay, I
                > > chuckled...
                > > >
                > >
                > > > So, now it's a complete
                > > mystery:
                > > > 1) My Wider Angle CD2 does not say WHERE the live tracks are
                from,
                > > but
                > > > it is identical in tracklist, times, and sound as Live
                > > Angle:Sydney
                > > > 2) Live Angle: Sydney obviously says it was live in Sydney.
                > > Unless
                > > > this really is "The Sydney Nightclub" in Tokyo or something
                > > as
                > > >
                > > goofy...
                > > > 3) Rukes' copy of Wider Angle CD2 was stickered as "Live in
                Tokyo"
                > > and
                > > > sounds like it is probably identical to my CD2, which is the
                same
                > > as
                > > > Live Angle
                > > Sydney.
                > > >
                > >
                > > > Yeeaarrgh! As an obsessive compulsive collector, I demand to
                know
                > > what
                > > > the <insert expletive of choice> is going on??!
                > > *weep*weep*
                > > >
                > > >
                > > >Mike
                > >
                > >
                > >
                > > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                > > Vote for your favourite Hybrid remix on the new CD at:
                > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/polls
                > > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                > >
                > >
                > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                > >
                > >
                > >
              • Daniel Craig
                Either way, the CD had to have come out after last years Miami set or else they wouldn t have mentioned George Acosta in the credits (or in his case,
                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 29, 2001
                • 0 Attachment
                  Either way, the CD had to have come out after last years Miami set or
                  else they wouldn't have mentioned George Acosta in the credits (or in
                  his case, anti-credits.)

                  DC
                • Arfie Mansfield
                  ... I refer you to the title of their mix of Café Del Mar... :)
                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 29, 2001
                  • 0 Attachment
                    >Well, don't forget, the CD came out a few years ago, so they would have
                    >to be pretty good time travelers to use last years WMC as the live disc
                    >:)

                    I refer you to the title of their mix of Café Del Mar... :)
                  • Arvind Sharma
                    Allo - newbie on list here. Who s DJ Geroge Acosta (as mentioned in the sleeve notes of Wider Angle), and why are Hybrid not particularly fond of him? ...
                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 30, 2001
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Allo - newbie on list here.

                      Who's DJ Geroge Acosta (as mentioned in the sleeve notes of Wider Angle),
                      and why are Hybrid not particularly fond of him?

                      ----- Original Message -----
                      From: <pmc@...>
                      To: <HybridUK@yahoogroups.com>
                      Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 8:07 PM
                      Subject: [Hybrid] Re: I seek clarity...


                      > Well the studio is a wonderful thing perhaps the live is not so
                      > live....
                      >
                      > Sleve notes to the the wider angle cd say that 'All the above tracks
                      > were mixed, edited and re-worked' Sorry if I'm being a little
                      > cheeky!
                      >
                      > P ;o)
                      >
                      >
                      > --- In HybridUK@y..., "Jitesh Mistry" <JiteshMistry2@a...> wrote:
                      > > I thought that evil DJ George Acosta buggered up that set in Miami
                      > last
                      > > year and so I believe that the Live Angle set isn't from Miami.
                      > >
                      > > Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                      > >
                      > > Later,
                      > > Jits.
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      > Vote for your favourite Hybrid remix on the new CD at:
                      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/polls
                      > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      >
                      >
                      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                      >
                      >
                      >
                    • [ n o r m ]
                      George Acosta is one of the leading Epic German Trance DJ s in Miami. ugh. epic trance. -norm breakbeat@vt.edu ... From: Arvind Sharma
                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 30, 2001
                      • 0 Attachment
                        George Acosta is one of the leading "Epic German Trance" DJ's in Miami.
                        ugh. epic trance.

                        -norm
                        breakbeat@...

                        ----- Original Message -----
                        From: "Arvind Sharma" <potato@...>
                        To: <HybridUK@yahoogroups.com>
                        Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 1:24 PM
                        Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Re: I seek clarity...


                        > Allo - newbie on list here.
                        >
                        > Who's DJ Geroge Acosta (as mentioned in the sleeve notes of Wider Angle),
                        > and why are Hybrid not particularly fond of him?
                        >
                        > ----- Original Message -----
                        > From: <pmc@...>
                        > To: <HybridUK@yahoogroups.com>
                        > Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 8:07 PM
                        > Subject: [Hybrid] Re: I seek clarity...
                        >
                        >
                        > > Well the studio is a wonderful thing perhaps the live is not so
                        > > live....
                        > >
                        > > Sleve notes to the the wider angle cd say that 'All the above tracks
                        > > were mixed, edited and re-worked' Sorry if I'm being a little
                        > > cheeky!
                        > >
                        > > P ;o)
                        > >
                        > >
                        > > --- In HybridUK@y..., "Jitesh Mistry" <JiteshMistry2@a...> wrote:
                        > > > I thought that evil DJ George Acosta buggered up that set in Miami
                        > > last
                        > > > year and so I believe that the Live Angle set isn't from Miami.
                        > > >
                        > > > Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                        > > >
                        > > > Later,
                        > > > Jits.
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        > > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        > > Vote for your favourite Hybrid remix on the new CD at:
                        > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/polls
                        > > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        > >
                        > >
                        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                        > >
                        > >
                        > >
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        > Vote for your favourite Hybrid remix on the new CD at:
                        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/polls
                        > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        >
                        >
                        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                        >
                        >
                      • Devon Henderson
                        He s a not so great trance DJ, and he screwed up one of Hybrid s sets at the WMC last year or the year before. Or something. :) - d - www.dev0n.com/hybrid/
                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 30, 2001
                        • 0 Attachment
                          He's a not so great trance DJ, and he screwed up one of Hybrid's sets at the WMC last year or the year before. Or something. :)

                          - d
                          - www.dev0n.com/hybrid/

                          On Fri, 30 March 2001, "Arvind Sharma" wrote:
                          >
                          > Allo - newbie on list here.
                          >
                          > Who's DJ Geroge Acosta (as mentioned in the sleeve notes of Wider Angle),
                          > and why are Hybrid not particularly fond of him?
                          >
                          > ----- Original Message -----
                          > From: <pmc@...>
                          > To: <HybridUK@yahoogroups.com>
                          > Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 8:07 PM
                          > Subject: [Hybrid] Re: I seek clarity...
                          >
                          >
                          > > Well the studio is a wonderful thing perhaps the live is not so
                          > > live....
                          > >
                          > > Sleve notes to the the wider angle cd say that 'All the above tracks
                          > > were mixed, edited and re-worked' Sorry if I'm being a little
                          > > cheeky!
                          > >
                          > > P ;o)
                          > >
                          > >
                          > > --- In HybridUK@y..., "Jitesh Mistry" <JiteshMistry2@a...> wrote:
                          > > > I thought that evil DJ George Acosta buggered up that set in Miami
                          > > last
                          > > > year and so I believe that the Live Angle set isn't from Miami.
                          > > >
                          > > > Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                          > > >
                          > > > Later,
                          > > > Jits.
                          > >
                          > >
                          > >
                          > >
                          > > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          > > Vote for your favourite Hybrid remix on the new CD at:
                          > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/polls
                          > > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          > >
                          > >
                          > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                          > >
                          > >
                          > >
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          > Vote for your favourite Hybrid remix on the new CD at:
                          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/polls
                          > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          >
                          >
                          > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          __________________________________________________________
                          Get your FREE personalized e-mail at http://www.canada.com
                        • Jungrrl
                          ... He s a Miami Dj who spins the *shittiest* music i ve ever heard and people down here think he s great for some unknown reason... and therefore he thinks
                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 30, 2001
                          • 0 Attachment
                            > Who's DJ Geroge Acosta (as mentioned in the sleeve notes of Wider Angle),
                            > and why are Hybrid not particularly fond of him?

                            He's a Miami Dj who spins the *shittiest* music i've ever heard and people
                            down here think he's great for some unknown reason... and therefore he
                            thinks that he's god's gift to electronic music.... while Hybrid was
                            finishing their set at Ultra (a huge beach party) last year... Acosta
                            thought that he should have to right to take off the record they were ending
                            with before it was over so he could start his set... and it was finished
                            symphony no less..... what an asshole...

                            excuse my language :oD

                            Kc
                            http://i.am/jungrrl
                            AIM: Da Jungrrl
                          • Daniel Craig
                            Actually, I thought what happened was Hybrid was playing a wicked live PA and the crowd was going wild. And at the end of their set the crowd wanted an encore
                            Message 13 of 22 , Mar 30, 2001
                            • 0 Attachment
                              Actually, I thought what happened was Hybrid was playing a wicked live
                              PA and the crowd was going wild. And at the end of their set the crowd
                              wanted an encore so they played one. And the crowd started going wild
                              again so Mike Truman ran up and started trying to get everyone to let
                              them have one more encore. All the while George Acosta was getting
                              pissed because Hybrid was taking up his DJ time (and I don't care which
                              Dj is playing, when Hybrid is on they can sit down and watch until
                              Hybrid is good and ready to leave.) Anyway, he got the sound guys to
                              cut out Hybrid in mid performance and started playing over them as that
                              happened. Although I wasn't there so I can't be sure... that's the
                              story I was told.

                              DC
                            • Arfie Mansfield
                              ... Indeed. How dare you say Ac*sta??? :)
                              Message 14 of 22 , Mar 30, 2001
                              • 0 Attachment
                                >excuse my language :oD

                                Indeed. How dare you say Ac*sta??? :)
                              • Davin Greenwell
                                Yeah that s the story morning glory. And stuff :D
                                Message 15 of 22 , Mar 30, 2001
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  Yeah that's the story morning glory. And stuff :D

                                  On 30 Mar 2001, Devon Henderson wrote:

                                  > He's a not so great trance DJ, and he screwed up one of Hybrid's sets at the WMC last year or the year before. Or something. :)
                                  >
                                  > - d
                                  > - www.dev0n.com/hybrid/
                                  >
                                  > On Fri, 30 March 2001, "Arvind Sharma" wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Allo - newbie on list here.
                                  > >
                                  > > Who's DJ Geroge Acosta (as mentioned in the sleeve notes of Wider Angle),
                                  > > and why are Hybrid not particularly fond of him?
                                • Davin Greenwell
                                  See, what I don t get about all of this is that George and DJ s in general just play records that are written by other people (and rarely by themselves) and a
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Mar 31, 2001
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    See, what I don't get about all of this is that George and DJ's in general
                                    just play records that are written by other people (and rarely by
                                    themselves) and a group that is making their own music live on the stage
                                    is slightly MORE incredible than watching a d00d 'mix' ..

                                    blah

                                    davin

                                    On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Daniel Craig wrote:

                                    > Actually, I thought what happened was Hybrid was playing a wicked live
                                    > PA and the crowd was going wild. And at the end of their set the crowd
                                    > wanted an encore so they played one. And the crowd started going wild
                                    > again so Mike Truman ran up and started trying to get everyone to let
                                    > them have one more encore. All the while George Acosta was getting
                                    > pissed because Hybrid was taking up his DJ time (and I don't care which
                                    > Dj is playing, when Hybrid is on they can sit down and watch until
                                    > Hybrid is good and ready to leave.) Anyway, he got the sound guys to
                                    > cut out Hybrid in mid performance and started playing over them as that
                                    > happened. Although I wasn't there so I can't be sure... that's the
                                    > story I was told.
                                    >
                                    > DC
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                    > Vote for your favourite Hybrid remix on the new CD at:
                                    > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/polls
                                    > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                  • Antti Mutta
                                    Might be the reason why Hybrid gave him some disrespect in the sleeve notes of Wider Angle :) -antti ... ending
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Apr 1, 2001
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      Might be the reason why Hybrid gave him some disrespect in the sleeve notes
                                      of Wider Angle :)

                                      -antti

                                      > He's a Miami Dj who spins the *shittiest* music i've ever heard and people
                                      > down here think he's great for some unknown reason... and therefore he
                                      > thinks that he's god's gift to electronic music.... while Hybrid was
                                      > finishing their set at Ultra (a huge beach party) last year... Acosta
                                      > thought that he should have to right to take off the record they were
                                      ending
                                      > with before it was over so he could start his set... and it was finished
                                      > symphony no less..... what an asshole...
                                      >
                                      > excuse my language :oD
                                      >
                                      > Kc
                                      > http://i.am/jungrrl
                                      > AIM: Da Jungrrl
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                      > Vote for your favourite Hybrid remix on the new CD at:
                                      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/polls
                                      > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                    • propellerheadcase@hotmail.com
                                      Hmmm... let s play spot the non-DJ. Playing other people s music has one very important aspect of credibility a group making their own music live on
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Apr 2, 2001
                                      • 0 Attachment
                                        Hmmm... let's play spot the non-DJ.

                                        Playing "other people's music" has one very important aspect
                                        of "credibility" a "group making their own music live on stage" has
                                        the restriction of playing their music and maybe the odd cover, the
                                        DJ on the other hand plays everybody's music recontextualising it by
                                        referencing it to different tracks in the mix. The exact same song
                                        can sound, and certainly feel, completely different depending on the
                                        song before and the song after. That is, after all the point.

                                        I've got an excellent quote somewhere from a DJ in the disco era who
                                        said that he played what was, at that time, the debut of some Donna
                                        Summer track and it bombed in a big way - he played again 4 hours
                                        later and completely rocked the crowd. Figure that one out!?

                                        The DJ uses music as a psycho-social catalyst or, failing that, to
                                        deafen people who are standing too close to the speakers.

                                        A1

                                        The Music is the Life...
                                        ...and it Shall Be Ours.


                                        --- In HybridUK@y..., Davin Greenwell <wk805@v...> wrote:
                                        >
                                        > See, what I don't get about all of this is that George and DJ's in
                                        general
                                        > just play records that are written by other people (and rarely by
                                        > themselves) and a group that is making their own music live on the
                                        stage
                                        > is slightly MORE incredible than watching a d00d 'mix' ..
                                        >
                                        > blah
                                        >
                                        > davin
                                        >
                                        > On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Daniel Craig wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > Actually, I thought what happened was Hybrid was playing a wicked
                                        live
                                        > > PA and the crowd was going wild. And at the end of their set the
                                        crowd
                                        > > wanted an encore so they played one. And the crowd started going
                                        wild
                                        > > again so Mike Truman ran up and started trying to get everyone to
                                        let
                                        > > them have one more encore. All the while George Acosta was
                                        getting
                                        > > pissed because Hybrid was taking up his DJ time (and I don't care
                                        which
                                        > > Dj is playing, when Hybrid is on they can sit down and watch until
                                        > > Hybrid is good and ready to leave.) Anyway, he got the sound
                                        guys to
                                        > > cut out Hybrid in mid performance and started playing over them
                                        as that
                                        > > happened. Although I wasn't there so I can't be sure... that's
                                        the
                                        > > story I was told.
                                        > >
                                        > > DC
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        > > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                        > > Vote for your favourite Hybrid remix on the new CD at:
                                        > > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HybridUK/polls
                                        > > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                        > >
                                      • Chris McCallum
                                        they??? AK 1200 is one guy, peace, Chris ... _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Apr 3, 2001
                                        • 0 Attachment
                                          they??? AK 1200 is one guy, peace, Chris


                                          >From: propellerheadcase@...
                                          >Reply-To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                          >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                                          >Subject: [Hybrid] Re: I seek clarity...
                                          >Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 04:28:12 -0000
                                          >
                                          >Since when was AK1200 silly?
                                          >
                                          >Check the Crystal Method remix they did.
                                          >
                                          >--- In HybridUK@y..., "Jungrrl" <jungrrl@h...> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Although I wasn't there so I can't be sure... that's the
                                          > > > story I was told.
                                          > >
                                          > > Same with me...that's the story that I'd gotten... I was actually
                                          >at that
                                          > > party... but at that time I didn't realize how much I liked Hybrid
                                          >and how
                                          > > they didn't often play here....
                                          > >
                                          > > <kicks herself for being dumb and watching silly AK1200>
                                          > >
                                          > > Kc
                                          >
                                          >

                                          _________________________________________________________________
                                          Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
                                        • Devon Henderson
                                          just as an FYI... davin is a dj. an amazing dj. my favorite dj ever, to be honest. :) - d ... __________________________________________________________ Get
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Apr 3, 2001
                                          • 0 Attachment
                                            just as an FYI...

                                            davin is a dj. an amazing dj. my favorite dj ever, to be honest. :)

                                            - d

                                            On Mon, 02 April 2001, propellerheadcase@... wrote:
                                            >
                                            > Hmmm... let's play spot the non-DJ.
                                            >
                                            > Playing "other people's music" has one very important aspect
                                            > of "credibility" a "group making their own music live on stage" has
                                            > the restriction of playing their music and maybe the odd cover, the
                                            > DJ on the other hand plays everybody's music recontextualising it by
                                            > referencing it to different tracks in the mix. The exact same song
                                            > can sound, and certainly feel, completely different depending on the
                                            > song before and the song after. That is, after all the point.
                                            >
                                            > I've got an excellent quote somewhere from a DJ in the disco era who
                                            > said that he played what was, at that time, the debut of some Donna
                                            > Summer track and it bombed in a big way - he played again 4 hours
                                            > later and completely rocked the crowd. Figure that one out!?
                                            >
                                            > The DJ uses music as a psycho-social catalyst or, failing that, to
                                            > deafen people who are standing too close to the speakers.
                                            >
                                            > A1
                                            >
                                            > The Music is the Life...
                                            > ...and it Shall Be Ours.
                                            >
                                            >
                                            > --- In HybridUK@y..., Davin Greenwell <wk805@v...> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > See, what I don't get about all of this is that George and DJ's in
                                            > general
                                            > > just play records that are written by other people (and rarely by
                                            > > themselves) and a group that is making their own music live on the
                                            > stage
                                            > > is slightly MORE incredible than watching a d00d 'mix' ..
                                            > >
                                            > > blah
                                            > >
                                            > > davin
                                            > >

                                            __________________________________________________________
                                            Get your FREE personalized e-mail at http://www.canada.com
                                          • propellerheadcase@hotmail.com
                                            Whilst strictly-speaking true I was under the impression that there was one particular engineer/producer that works with AK - I may be wrong, I don t pretend
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Apr 3, 2001
                                            • 0 Attachment
                                              Whilst strictly-speaking true I was under the impression that there
                                              was one particular engineer/producer that works with AK - I may be
                                              wrong, I don't pretend to know him that well!

                                              A1

                                              The Music is the Life...
                                              ...and It Shall be Ours.

                                              --- In HybridUK@y..., "Chris McCallum" <dj_hi_c33@h...> wrote:
                                              > they??? AK 1200 is one guy, peace, Chris
                                              >
                                              >
                                              > >From: propellerheadcase@h...
                                              > >Reply-To: HybridUK@y...
                                              > >To: HybridUK@y...
                                              > >Subject: [Hybrid] Re: I seek clarity...
                                              > >Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 04:28:12 -0000
                                              > >
                                              > >Since when was AK1200 silly?
                                              > >
                                              > >Check the Crystal Method remix they did.
                                              > >
                                              > >--- In HybridUK@y..., "Jungrrl" <jungrrl@h...> wrote:
                                              > > >
                                              > > > Although I wasn't there so I can't be sure... that's the
                                              > > > > story I was told.
                                              > > >
                                              > > > Same with me...that's the story that I'd gotten... I was
                                              actually
                                              > >at that
                                              > > > party... but at that time I didn't realize how much I liked
                                              Hybrid
                                              > >and how
                                              > > > they didn't often play here....
                                              > > >
                                              > > > <kicks herself for being dumb and watching silly AK1200>
                                              > > >
                                              > > > Kc
                                              > >
                                              > >
                                              >
                                              > _________________________________________________________________
                                              > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
                                            • propellerheadcase@hotmail.com
                                              Oh, the sycophancy! No surprises, I m a DJ, too. Mr DJ! Lion Rock Sound System Apologies for the tangent - my music self is battling for supremacy over my
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Apr 3, 2001
                                              • 0 Attachment
                                                Oh, the sycophancy! No surprises, I'm a DJ, too.

                                                "Mr DJ!

                                                Lion Rock Sound System"

                                                Apologies for the tangent - my music self is battling for supremacy
                                                over my verbose self.

                                                A1 & 2

                                                The Music is the Life...
                                                ...and It Shall Be Ours.

                                                --- In HybridUK@y..., Devon Henderson <geekgirl@c...> wrote:
                                                > just as an FYI...
                                                >
                                                > davin is a dj. an amazing dj. my favorite dj ever, to be
                                                honest. :)
                                                >
                                                > - d
                                                >
                                                > On Mon, 02 April 2001, propellerheadcase@h... wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > Hmmm... let's play spot the non-DJ.
                                                > >
                                                > > Playing "other people's music" has one very important aspect
                                                > > of "credibility" a "group making their own music live on stage"
                                                has
                                                > > the restriction of playing their music and maybe the odd cover,
                                                the
                                                > > DJ on the other hand plays everybody's music recontextualising it
                                                by
                                                > > referencing it to different tracks in the mix. The exact same
                                                song
                                                > > can sound, and certainly feel, completely different depending on
                                                the
                                                > > song before and the song after. That is, after all the point.
                                                > >
                                                > > I've got an excellent quote somewhere from a DJ in the disco era
                                                who
                                                > > said that he played what was, at that time, the debut of some
                                                Donna
                                                > > Summer track and it bombed in a big way - he played again 4 hours
                                                > > later and completely rocked the crowd. Figure that one out!?
                                                > >
                                                > > The DJ uses music as a psycho-social catalyst or, failing that,
                                                to
                                                > > deafen people who are standing too close to the speakers.
                                                > >
                                                > > A1
                                                > >
                                                > > The Music is the Life...
                                                > > ...and it Shall Be Ours.
                                                > >
                                                > >
                                                > > --- In HybridUK@y..., Davin Greenwell <wk805@v...> wrote:
                                                > > >
                                                > > > See, what I don't get about all of this is that George and DJ's
                                                in
                                                > > general
                                                > > > just play records that are written by other people (and rarely
                                                by
                                                > > > themselves) and a group that is making their own music live on
                                                the
                                                > > stage
                                                > > > is slightly MORE incredible than watching a d00d 'mix' ..
                                                > > >
                                                > > > blah
                                                > > >
                                                > > > davin
                                                > > >
                                                >
                                                > __________________________________________________________
                                                > Get your FREE personalized e-mail at http://www.canada.com
                                              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.