Re: [Hybrid] Re: More Hybrid on Top Gear..

  • Simon Chilvers
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2 11:58 AM
      I catch every episode of Topgear on my Media Center. I've edited the file to
      capture both the Mercedes S-Class portion with the intro of blackout and the
      Richard Hammond segment featuring the new BMW ZS M with Hybrid all over it.

      I've only uploaded the Mercedes section as it is the only one that is of a
      reasonable size (5.5mb) to upload to a place like the Yahoo groups, even
      though it is only a few seconds long. I've been unable to find a prog yet
      that will sucessfully re-encode them down to a decent size. The bigger one
      stands at 179Mb and 6.21mins long.

      If anyone can point me in the right direction of a program (other than those
      on the green button) that'll encode from DVR-MS files... please help?

      Simon

      On 5/31/06, Nick Bower <nickbower2000@...> wrote:

      > Distinctive have a deal with a company who pitch the label's music to
      > T.V/film companies etc. The BBC have been using this for a while -
      > especially for BBC2's 'Top Gear' show, as Hybrid's sound fits into
      > style they're looking for....
      >
      > :)
      >

      > Nick
      >

      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Hallam" <phallam@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > what's up with Top Gear (or BBC in general) and their Hybrid
      > 'obsession'?
      > > This has been a long known 'partnership' for a while now.
      > >
      > > On 5/30/06, James C Warren <james@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I also caught the opening refrains of Blackout at one point.
      > > >
      > > > James

    • Josh
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 6 10:10 AM
        Is this the right Top Gear episode?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s92Y9xKMwUk

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Chilvers" <schilvers@...> wrote:

        > I catch every episode of Topgear on my Media Center. I've edited the
        file to
        > capture both the Mercedes S-Class portion with the intro of blackout
        and the
        > Richard Hammond segment featuring the new BMW ZS M with Hybrid all
        over it.

        > I've only uploaded the Mercedes section as it is the only one that
        is of a
        > reasonable size (5.5mb) to upload to a place like the Yahoo groups, even
        > though it is only a few seconds long. I've been unable to find a
        prog yet
        > that will sucessfully re-encode them down to a decent size. The
        bigger one
        > stands at 179Mb and 6.21mins long.
        >
        > If anyone can point me in the right direction of a program (other
        than those
        > on the green button) that'll encode from DVR-MS files... please help?
        >
        > Simon
        >

        > On 5/31/06, Nick Bower <nickbower2000@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Distinctive have a deal with a company who pitch the label's music to
        > > T.V/film companies etc. The BBC have been using this for a while -
        > > especially for BBC2's 'Top Gear' show, as Hybrid's sound fits into
        > > style they're looking for....
        > >
        > > :)
        > >

        > > Nick
        > >

        > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Hallam" <phallam@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > what's up with Top Gear (or BBC in general) and their Hybrid
        > > 'obsession'?
        > > > This has been a long known 'partnership' for a while now.

      • Simon Jones
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 7 1:21 AM
          Yep, and its around 3 minutes into that video..

          > I catch every episode of Topgear on my Media Center. I've edited the
          file to
          > capture both the Mercedes S-Class portion with the intro of blackout
          and the
          > Richard Hammond segment featuring the new BMW ZS M with Hybrid all
          over it.

          > I've only uploaded the Mercedes section as it is the only one that
          is of a
          > reasonable size (5.5mb) to upload to a place like the Yahoo groups,
          > even though it is only a few seconds long. I've been unable to find a
          prog yet
          > that will sucessfully re-encode them down to a decent size. The
          bigger one
          > stands at 179Mb and 6.21mins long.
          >
          > If anyone can point me in the right direction of a program (other
          than those
          > on the green button) that'll encode from DVR-MS files... please help?
          >
          > Simon
          >

          > On 5/31/06, Nick Bower <nickbower2000@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Distinctive have a deal with a company who pitch the label's music
          > > to T.V/film companies etc. The BBC have been using this for a while
          > > - especially for BBC2's 'Top Gear' show, as Hybrid's sound fits into
          > > style they're looking for....
          > >
          > > :)
          > >

          > > Nick
          > >

          > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Hallam" <phallam@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > what's up with Top Gear (or BBC in general) and their Hybrid
          > > 'obsession'?
          > > > This has been a long known 'partnership' for a while now.

        • Simon Chilvers
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 19 10:58 AM
            Found this forum the other day..... maybe we can put them straight on that
            BMW vs Porche section?

            http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=11755

            Si