More Hybrid on Top Gear..

  • Simon Jones
    Message 1 of 14 , May 30, 2006
      Anyone who watched Top Gear last Sunday would have had a treat as some of
      the new Hybrid material was featured on the show.. Who heard it and who
      missed out?
    • Phil Stewart
      Message 2 of 14 , May 30, 2006
        Hi all,

        Last Sunday's Top Gear is repeated today (Tuesday 30th) at 7pm on BBC Two,
        so if you missed it on Sunday (like I did) you've got another chance.

        I'm looking forward to hearing some new-flavoured Hybrid :-)

        --
        Phil

      • ally @ hybrid-group.com
        Message 3 of 14 , May 30, 2006
          I spotted it. They've been playing quite a lot of Hybrid's old
          material over the past series or two (I'm a bit of a Top Gear fan) but
          I was suprised to see they'd got their mitts on the new tracks already.

          It was a nice suprise :)

          Ally

        • ally @ hybrid-group.com
          Message 4 of 14 , May 30, 2006
            It's a really lovely track and hopefully it will give everyone a great
            taste of the new album.

            I can't quite remember when it is, I just remember Richard Hammond was
            talking. I don't think you'll miss it though, it's distinctively
            Hybrid (no pun intended) :-)

            Ally

            > Last Sunday's Top Gear is repeated today (Tuesday 30th) at 7pm on
            BBC Two,
            > so if you missed it on Sunday (like I did) you've got another chance.
            >
            > I'm looking forward to hearing some new-flavoured Hybrid :-)
            >
            > --
            > Phil
          • James C Warren
            Message 5 of 14 , May 30, 2006
              I also caught the opening refrains of Blackout at one point.

              James

              I spotted it. They've been playing quite a lot of Hybrid's old
              material over the past series or two (I'm a bit of a Top Gear fan) but
              I was suprised to see they'd got their mitts on the new tracks already.

              It was a nice suprise :)

              Ally

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <whizz@...> wrote:

              > Anyone who watched Top Gear last Sunday would have had a treat as
              some of
              > the new Hybrid material was featured on the show.. Who heard it and
              who
              > missed out?

            • Eric Chu
              Message 6 of 14 , May 30, 2006
                Where was the new track used during the show?

                On May 30, 2006, at 7:51 AM, James C Warren wrote:

                > I also caught the opening refrains of Blackout at one point.
                >
                > James

              • Hybridesque ...
                Message 7 of 14 , May 30, 2006
                  My parent's distinctly heard me say... "hmm.. that sounds like Hybrid"
                  whilst we were watching Top Gear on sunday night. It's round the 5 min mark,
                  on the torrent download of the episode. I got giddy with the brilliant use
                  of Blackout for the Mercedes Benz S-Class. And then there was some UNKLE
                  during the race with the Cayenne Turbo S versus the 'flying squirrel' man.

                  Jitesh.

                  >From: "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...>
                  >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [Hybrid] Re: More Hybrid on Top Gear..
                  >Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 12:30:19 -0000
                  >
                  >I spotted it. They've been playing quite a lot of Hybrid's old
                  >material over the past series or two (I'm a bit of a Top Gear fan) but
                  >I was suprised to see they'd got their mitts on the new tracks already.
                  >
                  >It was a nice suprise :)
                  >
                  >Ally
                  >

                  >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <whizz@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Anyone who watched Top Gear last Sunday would have had a treat as
                  >some of
                  > > the new Hybrid material was featured on the show.. Who heard it and
                  >who
                  > > missed out?
                • Philip Hallam
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 30, 2006
                    what's up with Top Gear (or BBC in general) and their Hybrid 'obsession'?
                    This has been a long known 'partnership' for a while now.

                    On 5/30/06, James C Warren <james@...> wrote:

                    > I also caught the opening refrains of Blackout at one point.
                    >
                    > James

                  • Kiri Hatton
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 30, 2006
                      I spotted it, and then rang my mate to tell her too haha

                      >From: "James C Warren" <james@...>
                      >To: <HybridUK@yahoogroups.com>
                      >Subject: RE: [Hybrid] Re: More Hybrid on Top Gear..
                      >Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 15:51:08 +0100
                      >
                      >I also caught the opening refrains of Blackout at one point.
                      >
                      >James

                    • Nick Bower
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 31, 2006
                        Distinctive have a deal with a company who pitch the label's music to
                        T.V/film companies etc. The BBC have been using this for a while -
                        especially for BBC2's 'Top Gear' show, as Hybrid's sound fits into
                        style they're looking for....

                        :)

                        Nick

                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Hallam" <phallam@...> wrote:

                        > what's up with Top Gear (or BBC in general) and their Hybrid
                        'obsession'?
                        > This has been a long known 'partnership' for a while now.
                        >
                        > On 5/30/06, James C Warren <james@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I also caught the opening refrains of Blackout at one point.
                        > >
                        > > James

                      • Simon Chilvers
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 2, 2006
                          I catch every episode of Topgear on my Media Center. I've edited the file to
                          capture both the Mercedes S-Class portion with the intro of blackout and the
                          Richard Hammond segment featuring the new BMW ZS M with Hybrid all over it.

                          I've only uploaded the Mercedes section as it is the only one that is of a
                          reasonable size (5.5mb) to upload to a place like the Yahoo groups, even
                          though it is only a few seconds long. I've been unable to find a prog yet
                          that will sucessfully re-encode them down to a decent size. The bigger one
                          stands at 179Mb and 6.21mins long.

                          If anyone can point me in the right direction of a program (other than those
                          on the green button) that'll encode from DVR-MS files... please help?

                          Simon

                          On 5/31/06, Nick Bower <nickbower2000@...> wrote:

                          > Distinctive have a deal with a company who pitch the label's music to
                          > T.V/film companies etc. The BBC have been using this for a while -
                          > especially for BBC2's 'Top Gear' show, as Hybrid's sound fits into
                          > style they're looking for....
                          >
                          > :)
                          >

                          > Nick
                          >

                          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Hallam" <phallam@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > what's up with Top Gear (or BBC in general) and their Hybrid
                          > 'obsession'?
                          > > This has been a long known 'partnership' for a while now.
                          > >
                          > > On 5/30/06, James C Warren <james@...> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I also caught the opening refrains of Blackout at one point.
                          > > >
                          > > > James

                        • Josh
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 6, 2006
                            Is this the right Top Gear episode?
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s92Y9xKMwUk

                            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Chilvers" <schilvers@...> wrote:

                            > I catch every episode of Topgear on my Media Center. I've edited the
                            file to
                            > capture both the Mercedes S-Class portion with the intro of blackout
                            and the
                            > Richard Hammond segment featuring the new BMW ZS M with Hybrid all
                            over it.

                            > I've only uploaded the Mercedes section as it is the only one that
                            is of a
                            > reasonable size (5.5mb) to upload to a place like the Yahoo groups, even
                            > though it is only a few seconds long. I've been unable to find a
                            prog yet
                            > that will sucessfully re-encode them down to a decent size. The
                            bigger one
                            > stands at 179Mb and 6.21mins long.
                            >
                            > If anyone can point me in the right direction of a program (other
                            than those
                            > on the green button) that'll encode from DVR-MS files... please help?
                            >
                            > Simon
                            >

                            > On 5/31/06, Nick Bower <nickbower2000@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Distinctive have a deal with a company who pitch the label's music to
                            > > T.V/film companies etc. The BBC have been using this for a while -
                            > > especially for BBC2's 'Top Gear' show, as Hybrid's sound fits into
                            > > style they're looking for....
                            > >
                            > > :)
                            > >

                            > > Nick
                            > >

                            > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Hallam" <phallam@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > what's up with Top Gear (or BBC in general) and their Hybrid
                            > > 'obsession'?
                            > > > This has been a long known 'partnership' for a while now.

                          • Simon Jones
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 7, 2006
                              Yep, and its around 3 minutes into that video..

                              > I catch every episode of Topgear on my Media Center. I've edited the
                              file to
                              > capture both the Mercedes S-Class portion with the intro of blackout
                              and the
                              > Richard Hammond segment featuring the new BMW ZS M with Hybrid all
                              over it.

                              > I've only uploaded the Mercedes section as it is the only one that
                              is of a
                              > reasonable size (5.5mb) to upload to a place like the Yahoo groups,
                              > even though it is only a few seconds long. I've been unable to find a
                              prog yet
                              > that will sucessfully re-encode them down to a decent size. The
                              bigger one
                              > stands at 179Mb and 6.21mins long.
                              >
                              > If anyone can point me in the right direction of a program (other
                              than those
                              > on the green button) that'll encode from DVR-MS files... please help?
                              >
                              > Simon
                              >

                              > On 5/31/06, Nick Bower <nickbower2000@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Distinctive have a deal with a company who pitch the label's music
                              > > to T.V/film companies etc. The BBC have been using this for a while
                              > > - especially for BBC2's 'Top Gear' show, as Hybrid's sound fits into
                              > > style they're looking for....
                              > >
                              > > :)
                              > >

                              > > Nick
                              > >

                              > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Hallam" <phallam@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > what's up with Top Gear (or BBC in general) and their Hybrid
                              > > 'obsession'?
                              > > > This has been a long known 'partnership' for a while now.

                            • Simon Chilvers
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 19, 2006
                                Found this forum the other day..... maybe we can put them straight on that
                                BMW vs Porche section?

                                http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=11755

                                Si