Nano/Breaksday @ Renaissance Rooms London

  • Harkin, Andy
    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2006
      What an outstanding party that was! A quality soundsystem in both rooms with such a crisp sound, the Hybrid chaps delivered one of the best sets I've heard from them.

      Tune-spotting really isn't my thing, but I'm desperate to know what the mix of BTs Hip Hop Phenomenon was. It certainly wasn't the original and sounded very Hybrid-like. Anyone any idea? Thanks!
    • Nick Bower
      Message 2 of 4 , May 15, 2006
        And the night before in Sheffield was too! One of the best sets I've
        EVER heard the boys play in the years i've known them. A last minute
        change of plans at Plug meant the Live room was shut...so they ended
        up playing the small Earth backroom (and we all know what their
        small-room sets are like e.g. Tangled...electric!!). The roof was well
        and truly taken off....and all 4 walls :)

        Some amazing tracks were spun...plenty of new LP3 material, as well as
        some cheeky bootys as well.

        Don't know about that BT mix, Andy...but there are a few different
        versions floating around.

        :)

        Nick

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Harkin, Andy" <andy.harkin@...> wrote:

        > What an outstanding party that was! A quality soundsystem in both
        rooms with such a crisp sound, the Hybrid chaps delivered one of the
        best sets I've heard from them.

        > Tune-spotting really isn't my thing, but I'm desperate to know what
        the mix of BTs Hip Hop Phenomenon was. It certainly wasn't the
        original and sounded very Hybrid-like. Anyone any idea? Thanks!

      • Simon Jones
        Message 3 of 4 , May 15, 2006
          Probably Bassbin Twins new edit of HHP.. Taken from their new mix cd /
          unmxied compilation on Marine Parade.

          Message 4 of 4 , May 17, 2006
            Yes!!! that's it :) I found it on Annie Nightingale's tracklist and listened last night. Wicked wicked tune it is.

            I can't wait to hear the boys again. The time before I heard them was quite a mediocre set IMO, but this one truly smacked it hard. :)

            Time to check the gig list and make some plans, I think.

            _____