Re: [Hybrid] How will you purchase the new Hybrid album?

  • Philip Hallam
    Message 1 of 25 , May 8 10:30 AM
      why would you download a copy when you can just rip the cd?

      On 5/8/06, ally @ hybrid-group.com <ally@...> wrote:

      > I'm interested to see how everyone is going to purchase the new Hybrid
      > album when it's out.
      >
      > So...there's a really quick vote at:

      > Some people might download a copy and then purchase a CD they can hold
      > in their hands...so you can make one or more choices.
      >
      > :)
      >
      > Ally
    • Harkin, Andy
      Message 2 of 25 , May 9 5:33 AM
        Phew! For a minute there I thought it wasn't going to be on vinyl..

        \o/

      • dcraig@nmt.edu
        Message 3 of 25 , May 9 5:34 AM
          So hardcopy, digital or both?

        • ally @ hybrid-group.com
          Message 4 of 25 , May 9 5:47 AM
            Yep :)

            I would change the wording, but it'll re-set the votes (I learnt that
            the hard way a while back!)

          • dcraig@nmt.edu
            Message 5 of 25 , May 9 6:31 AM
              Good idea. I'm just nitpicking anyway.

              > Yep :)
              >
              > I would change the wording, but it'll re-set the votes (I learnt that
              > the hard way a while back!)
              >
              > Ally
            • Ben Abrams
              Message 6 of 25 , May 9 8:20 AM
                Make sure everybody puts buy the CD etc etc so that Distinctive don't
                just release it in purely mp3 format....

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...>
                wrote:

                > Ah, sorry...if you're planning to purchase just the vinyl...then
                > class it as a CD.
                >
                > What I'm really after if are people planning to download or buy a
                > physical copy (in whatever format).
                >
                > Ally
                >

                > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, dcraig@ wrote:
                > >
                > > No choices for old school vinyl junkies?
                > >
                > > > I'm interested to see how everyone is going to purchase the new
                > Hybrid
                > > > album when it's out.
                > > >
                > > > So...there's a really quick vote at:

                > > > Some people might download a copy and then purchase a CD they
                > can hold
                > > > in their hands...so you can make one or more choices.
                > > >
                > > > :)
                > > >
                > > > Ally

              • Jon Lapshan

                  Message 8 of 25 , May 9 9:12 AM
                    I'd probably do the same, I only trust my own rips.

                  • ally @ hybrid-group.com
                    Message 9 of 25 , May 10 7:47 AM
                      Don't be daft - they aren't going to do that.

                      Please answer with what you actually think you'll do.

                      Message 10 of 25 , May 10 7:48 AM
                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Jon Lapshan <v6accord1207@...> wrote:

                        > When is the new Hybrid album scheduled to be released???

                        The last word was around July.

                        Ally
                      • Security U3
                        Message 11 of 25 , May 10 7:51 AM
                          July Friend"

                          Regards

                          Mark B-E

                          >> When is the new Hybrid album scheduled to be released???
                          >

                          >The last word was around July.
                          >
                          >Ally

                        • Simon Jones
                          Message 12 of 25 , May 10 7:54 AM
                            July at earliest.. September at latest as it stands..

                          • dcraig@nmt.edu
                            Message 13 of 25 , May 10 8:00 AM
                              But a Distinctive July is always a late September/October release.

                              > July Friend"
                              >
                              > Regards
                              >
                              > Mark B-E
                              >

                              >>> When is the new Hybrid album scheduled to be released???
                              >>

                              >>The last word was around July.
                              >>
                              >>Ally
                            • Contreras Raymond
                              Message 14 of 25 , May 10 9:45 AM
                                I'll be ready to buy it.

                                Raymond (RC) Contreras
                                IS IT Administrator/Clerk
                                20002 E Business PKY.
                                Walnut CA 91789
                                909-598-7165 Ext.1661
                                Fax 909-468-1413
                                raymond.contreras@...

                                ________________________________

                                Message 15 of 25 , May 11 2:38 AM
                                  Definitely... I remember the dates shifting a few times before MSF...
                                  looks like we'll hit the 3 year mark between albums

                                  Message 16 of 25 , May 11 2:41 AM
                                    I still love CDs... anything to protect their future ;-)

                                    wrote:

                                    > Don't be daft - they aren't going to do that.
                                    >
                                    > Please answer with what you actually think you'll do.

                                    > Ally
                                    >

                                    > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Make sure everybody puts buy the CD etc etc so that Distinctive
                                    > don't
                                    > > just release it in purely mp3 format....

                                  • James C Warren
                                    Message 17 of 25 , May 11 4:29 AM
                                      Jeez, is it really 3 years?! Frightening.

                                      I remember going to Fabric around this time of year for one of the live sets
                                      before Morning Si-Fi came out. Now that was a good evening :)

                                      James

                                      Message 18 of 25 , May 11 4:45 AM
                                        Scary isn't it? Time flies :)

                                        I remember having a great afternoon and evening down at Fabric with
                                        the boys during this time, whilst they set up, rehearsed and then
                                        performed for one of their live shows.

                                        One memory which will always stay with me is walking through from
                                        Fabric's Room 1 to Room 2 - early afternoon. It was just as the lads
                                        started rehearsing their live version of Kill City. The vocal echoed
                                        beautifully around the empty club and it really put the hairs up on
                                        the back of my neck!

                                        :)

                                        Nick

                                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "James C Warren" <james@...> wrote:

                                        > Jeez, is it really 3 years?! Frightening.
                                        >
                                        > I remember going to Fabric around this time of year for one of the
                                        live sets
                                        > before Morning Si-Fi came out. Now that was a good evening :)
                                        >
                                        > James

                                        Behalf

                                        Message 19 of 25 , May 11 4:46 AM
                                          Was the end of May in 2002 I believe..

                                          >Jeez, is it really 3 years?! Frightening.
                                          >
                                          >I remember going to Fabric around this time of year for one of the >live sets before Morning Si-Fi came out. Now that was a good >evening :)
                                          >
                                          >James
                                        • Simon Jones
                                          Message 20 of 25 , May 15 8:20 AM
                                            Mid September is the latest date I have...