RE: [Hybrid] Hybrid's Grayarea remix

  • Harkin, Andy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2006
      Have you used http://www.pandora.com/

      I've been meaning to try it for ages so I just did. It's pretty damn good! I put "Hybrid" as the first suggestion of what I like. From that, it created a new station for me "Hybrid Radio" and picked one track to play - Crystal Method "Smoked" :) Pandora says "Based on what you've told us so far, we're playing this track because it features rock influences, ambiguous lyrics and many other similarities identified in the music genome project."

      Then came Steel (feat. Robert Manos) with "..we're playing this track because it features a male vocal, ambiguous lyrics, inventive synth arrangements, a variety of synth sounds and many other similarities identified in the music genome project."

      Can't wait to hear what's next!

      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2006
        I hadn't come across this before, very interesting! :-)

        FRUITY

        >From: "Harkin, Andy" <andy.harkin@...>
        >To: "'HybridUK@yahoogroups.com'" <HybridUK@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: RE: [Hybrid] Hybrid's Grayarea remix
        >Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:12:46 +0100
        >
        >Have you used http://www.pandora.com/
        >
        >I've been meaning to try it for ages so I just did. It's pretty damn good!
        > I put "Hybrid" as the first suggestion of what I like. From that, it
        >created a new station for me "Hybrid Radio" and picked one track to play -
        >Crystal Method "Smoked" :) Pandora says "Based on what you've told us so
        >far, we're playing this track because it features rock influences,
        >ambiguous lyrics and many other similarities identified in the music genome
        >project."
        >
        >Then came Steel (feat. Robert Manos) with "..we're playing this track
        >because it features a male vocal, ambiguous lyrics, inventive synth
        >arrangements, a variety of synth sounds and many other similarities
        >identified in the music genome project."
        >
        >Can't wait to hear what's next!

      • Harkin, Andy
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2006
          http://www.last.fm is the UK version, which appears to have LOADS more tracks/stuff...