Music used in April's Film Four TV advert

  • Neil Turner
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 22, 2006
      Hi,

      It's shown on Channel 4 and E4 a lot - it sounds like Hybrid with a bit of
      New Order thrown in. I've done a bit of Googling and on the Channel 4
      message boards they say:

      "The music used on the current FilmFour trail is a library music track, and
      so is unfortunately commercially unavailable."

      But someone must know more! ;-)

      - Neil
    • Ben Abrams
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 24, 2006
        Noticed the same thing myself last night... I said to my housemate if
        that is not Hybrid then I'll eat my hat... very distinctive... think
        the advert is new so keep your eyes and ears to the ground people...
        sounds great!

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Turner" <neilturner@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > It's shown on Channel 4 and E4 a lot - it sounds like Hybrid with a
        bit of
        > New Order thrown in. I've done a bit of Googling and on the Channel 4
        > message boards they say:
        >
        > "The music used on the current FilmFour trail is a library music
        track, and
        > so is unfortunately commercially unavailable."
        >
        > But someone must know more! ;-)
        >
        > - Neil

      • James C Warren
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 24, 2006
          I remember from one of the Morning Sci-fi interviews that they'd got Peter
          Hook to record a load of basslines (New order & other) for them which they
          hoped to use at some point in the future. So I guess that would explain the
          New Order connection.

          James

          Noticed the same thing myself last night... I said to my housemate if
          that is not Hybrid then I'll eat my hat... very distinctive... think
          the advert is new so keep your eyes and ears to the ground people...
          sounds great!

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Turner" <neilturner@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > It's shown on Channel 4 and E4 a lot - it sounds like Hybrid with a
          bit of
          > New Order thrown in. I've done a bit of Googling and on the Channel 4
          > message boards they say:
          >
          > "The music used on the current FilmFour trail is a library music
          track, and
          > so is unfortunately commercially unavailable."
          >
          > But someone must know more! ;-)
          >
          > - Neil

        • Georgy
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 24, 2006
            It is probably from the Hybrid: Scores CD which is commercially not
            available.

            >Noticed the same thing myself last night... I said to my housemate >if that is not Hybrid then I'll eat my hat... very distinctive... >think the advert is new so keep your eyes and ears to the ground >people...sounds great!

            >> It's shown on Channel 4 and E4 a lot - it sounds like Hybrid with a
            >bit of
            >> New Order thrown in. I've done a bit of Googling and on the Channel >>4 message boards they say:
            >>
            >> "The music used on the current FilmFour trail is a library music
            >>track, and so is unfortunately commercially unavailable."
          • chrismix50
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 24, 2006
              Is this a nightly thing? Perhaps someone could tape it for all us back
              in the US....never seem to have any good Hybrid spots :p

              -Chris

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@...> wrote:

              > Noticed the same thing myself last night... I said to my housemate if
              > that is not Hybrid then I'll eat my hat... very distinctive... think
              > the advert is new so keep your eyes and ears to the ground people...
              > sounds great!
              >
              > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Turner" <neilturner@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > It's shown on Channel 4 and E4 a lot - it sounds like Hybrid with a
              > bit of
              > > New Order thrown in. I've done a bit of Googling and on the Channel 4
              > > message boards they say:
              > >
              > > "The music used on the current FilmFour trail is a library music
              > track, and
              > > so is unfortunately commercially unavailable."
              > >
              > > But someone must know more! ;-)
              > >
              > > - Neil

            • Ben Abrams
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 25, 2006
                Just when you think you know of all of the Hybrid Cds available
                somebody mentions a release they've got which you have n't. Is this
                a promo Georgy?

                Ben

              • dcraig@nmt.edu
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 25, 2006
                  There's gotta be some guy out there with a copy waiting to be ebay'ed.

                  ~D

                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 26, 2006
                    probably. the one I saw was a CD-R in a see through plastic inc. a b/w
                    insert with track listing. as far as I know, they were designed to be used
                    in adverts and were made available through sound libraries for broadcasting,
                    commercials, movies, etc. all tracks are from the morning sci-fi sessions.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 26, 2006
                      Now that the cat is out of the bag I'm sure someone will rip their
                      copy and try and cash in. No doubt I'll fall asleep and miss the end
                      of the auction like I usually do....

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 26, 2006
                        Intresting, although I would guess this will be near to impossible to
                        get. Where did you physically see it? In their binder, at a TV station?

                        How do you know there were all morning sci-fi session works?

                        Would be really nice to grab a hold of that CDr..

                        Chris

                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Georgy" <gmarczin@...> wrote:

                        > probably. the one I saw was a CD-R in a see through plastic inc. a b/w
                        > insert with track listing. as far as I know, they were designed to
                        be used
                        > in adverts and were made available through sound libraries for
                        broadcasting,
                        > commercials, movies, etc. all tracks are from the morning sci-fi
                        sessions.

                      • fedgemonkey
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 27, 2006
                          this whole library music thing is quite an interesting thing, got to
                          be worth looking into. sounds like artists can make certain
                          productions available as library music that will never see a
                          commercial release, but it's out there somewhere as something that tv
                          production companies etc can access, to find background music, etc.
                          i have an album i was given by the artist in question, somebody who is
                          know for their vocals but this is mostly instrumental production, that
                          is "library music". if all this stuff is out there somewhere for
                          'them' to access then you'd think 'we' could find a way in to at least
                          see what's there ;D

                          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@...> wrote:

                          > Intresting, although I would guess this will be near to impossible to
                          > get. Where did you physically see it? In their binder, at a TV station?
                          >
                          > How do you know there were all morning sci-fi session works?
                          >
                          > Would be really nice to grab a hold of that CDr..
                          >
                          > Chris
                          >
                          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Georgy" <gmarczin@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > probably. the one I saw was a CD-R in a see through plastic inc. a b/w
                          > > insert with track listing. as far as I know, they were designed to
                          > be used
                          > > in adverts and were made available through sound libraries for
                          > broadcasting,
                          > > commercials, movies, etc. all tracks are from the morning sci-fi
                          > sessions.

                        • lazybhoy73
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 28, 2006
                            FilmFour do it again !

                            This track seems to be the talk of the town just now.
                            Had to agree on first hearing it ..sounds distinctively Hybrid..and
                            as
                            already mentioned ..the sound of the 'Hook Bass' just confirmed what
                            may have been mentioned previously for the collaboration pipeline.
                            If anyone has this one or can tell us how to get a hold of it...put
                            me (like you all) out our misery.

                            Message 13 of 13 , May 2, 2006
                              Saw it at an ad agency last fall my friend used to work at. He showed it on
                              a guy's desk, who was in charge of 'finding and licensing interesting music'
                              for the ads. The CD-R itself looked like a disc anyone could make with a
                              decent label maker printer, but then some promo CDs I get do look like
                              copies from a basement duplicator lab. (GU, Underwater Records to name a
                              few)

                              I did not have a chance to make a copy but I listened to some of the tracks
                              and they sounded like leftovers and B side candidates from Morning Sci-Fi.
                              That's why I said they were from that session; of course I do not know for
                              sure.

                              I also remember the CD had the same songs in 3 sections: full versions
                              (ranging from 2 to 5 minutes), 1 minute edits and 30 sec edits around 40
                              songs altogether.