Hybrid - Gospel

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 10, 2006
      Silence is broken

      Just wondering why somebody has n't mentioned that this tune is
      actually a virtually identical copy of Theme From Wide Angle?

      The Hybrid Promo with Gospel on it went for a LOT of money on Ebay
      last month.....
    • chrismix50
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 10, 2006
        Yeh I was pretty dissapointed by it too. I'm glad I didn't pay the
        $150 for the promo.

        It is nice to hear Beachcoma without the scratching, but I was
        epecting something comparable to the Morning Sci-fi promo (which had A
        LOT of changes in it). :(

        -Chris

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@...> wrote:

        > Silence is broken
        >
        > Just wondering why somebody has n't mentioned that this tune is
        > actually a virtually identical copy of Theme From Wide Angle?
        >
        > The Hybrid Promo with Gospel on it went for a LOT of money on Ebay
        > last month.....

      • Drew Ressler
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 10, 2006
          Lots of people have mentioned it. It's just half of Theme From Wide Angle with a different intro.

          Drew Ressler
          http://www.rukes.com/

        • Trent Saunders
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 10, 2006
            I knew it was a TFWA version, wasn't sure it was an
            almost identical copy though. It has been floating
            round that this track was a demo for it.
            What I want to hear are these impossible to find
            tracks on hyrbdi new discography like 'Mr. smith' and
            'demons' etc.... where are these?????!!!!!!!!
          • chrismix50
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 11, 2006
              Was anyone ever able to confirm that that track used in Top Gear was
              Mr. Smith?

              Song as mind bending!!!!!! Would love to have that on LP3.

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Trent Saunders
              <reallyknowyourenemy@...> wrote:

              > I knew it was a TFWA version, wasn't sure it was an
              > almost identical copy though. It has been floating
              > round that this track was a demo for it.
              > What I want to hear are these impossible to find
              > tracks on hyrbdi new discography like 'Mr. smith' and
              > 'demons' etc.... where are these?????!!!!!!!!

            • Drew Ressler
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 11, 2006
                Speaking of that, I still need that Morning SciFi promo, so if anyone has an ORIGINAL copy, please E-mail me.

                Drew Ressler
                http://www.rukes.com/

              • Drew Ressler
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 11, 2006
                  According to the MySpace blog, it was basically just a copy of thier iTunes playlist on thier laptop. They do have lots and lots of
                  unreleased stuff on there. So pretty much the only people that have some tracks are themseves :)

                  Drew Ressler
                  http://www.rukes.com/

                • James C Warren
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 11, 2006
                    Seems as though Lamborghini have nabbed it now too as I heard playing from
                    their stand at the Geneva Motor Show (from what I could tell from 5th Gear
                    on Channel 5 anyway ;)

                    James

                    According to the MySpace blog, it was basically just a copy of thier iTunes
                    playlist on thier laptop. They do have lots and lots of
                    unreleased stuff on there. So pretty much the only people that have some
                    tracks are themseves :)

                    Drew Ressler
                    http://www.rukes.com/

                  • telis telis
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 11, 2006
                      SPEAKING OF THAT,I 'M ALSO MISSING AND SEARCHING THE "MORNING SCI-FI" PROMO.IN FACT,I WANT IT SO MUCH THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE MONEY I HAVE TO SPENT(EXPENSIVE BUT LOGICAL).SO,IF ANYONE HAS AN ORIGINAL COPY,PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL.CHEERS TO ALL.

                      chrismix50 <richlea@...> : Yeh I was pretty dissapointed by it too. I'm glad I didn't pay the
                      $150 for the promo.

                      It is nice to hear Beachcoma without the scratching, but I was
                      epecting something comparable to the Morning Sci-fi promo (which had A
                      LOT of changes in it). :(

                      -Chris

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@...> wrote:

                      > Silence is broken
                      >
                      > Just wondering why somebody has n't mentioned that this tune is
                      > actually a virtually identical copy of Theme From Wide Angle?
                      >
                      > The Hybrid Promo with Gospel on it went for a LOT of money on Ebay
                      > last month.....

                    • chrismix50
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 12, 2006
                        I'm not surprised!

                        That song is pure classy and power.

                        I take it you didn't get a chance to record the show? :p

                        I have a one minute version of it from the top gear episode, but did
                        you notice any differences?

                        Hopefully it will be on LP3...and that the rest of the tracks follow
                        in the same direction.

                        Could surpass Wide Angle as my favorite CD if they do..

                        -Chris

                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "James C Warren" <james@...> wrote:

                        > Seems as though Lamborghini have nabbed it now too as I heard
                        playing from
                        > their stand at the Geneva Motor Show (from what I could tell from
                        5th Gear
                        > on Channel 5 anyway ;)
                        >
                        > James

                      • Nick Bower
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 13, 2006
                          I don't think you'll be dissapointed....the strings make a big return
                          for the new album.

                          ;)

                          Nick

                          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@...> wrote:

                          > I'm not surprised!
                          >
                          > That song is pure classy and power.
                          >
                          > I take it you didn't get a chance to record the show? :p
                          >
                          > I have a one minute version of it from the top gear episode, but did
                          > you notice any differences?
                          >
                          > Hopefully it will be on LP3...and that the rest of the tracks follow
                          > in the same direction.
                          >
                          > Could surpass Wide Angle as my favorite CD if they do..
                          >
                          > -Chris
                          >

                          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "James C Warren" <james@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Seems as though Lamborghini have nabbed it now too as I heard
                          > playing from
                          > > their stand at the Geneva Motor Show (from what I could tell from
                          > 5th Gear
                          > > on Channel 5 anyway ;)
                          > >
                          > > James

                        • David Nichols
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 13, 2006

                            > I don't think you'll be dissapointed....the strings make a big
                            return
                            > for the new album.
                            >
                            > ;)
                            >
                            > Nick

                            As for Mr Smith appearing on LP3, it seems this is unlikely, (unless
                            you know differently, Nick!) as Mike has said that he doesn't think it
                            will be finished in the near future "but it may see the light of day
                            at some point". We can only hope :) I can't remember if this has been
                            mentioned before but Mr Smith was a rough idea for the Will Smith
                            iRobot trailer (hence Mr Smith).

                            Can't wait for those moody strings!

                            Cheers
                            David