Re: Grayarea 'Gravity' remixes -- 2 of 'em?

  • chrismix50
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
      Just checked my MP3 and it was 9:11 long, but the song stopped at 8:45.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Tag Simler" <jtsimler3@m...> wrote:

      > I downloaded the version with the release date in 2004 (the one
      labeled with the long ass
      > name). It's indeed 9:12 (actually 9:11 to be exact), but the song
      ends around the 8:45
      > mark, which leaves about 25 seconds of silence at the end.
      >
      > Discogs shows two different releases with this mix, both naming them
      "Love from
      > llanfair...", neither one labeled as the "Hybrid Mix." Although the
      two times are the two
      > you mentioned. I'm guessing the two versions are the same mix, just
      one has a bit of
      > silence at the end. But the track is indeed titled "Love from
      llanfair..."

      > Can anyone else verify?
      >
      > Tag

    • Phil Stewart
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
        Thomas Touzimsky wrote:

        >>A question for the avid Hybrid collectors: Beatport has two listings
        >>for Hybrid's remix of "Gravity" -- one from 8/19/04 (the "love from
        >>llanfair...") and then one from 8/11/05 ("Hybrid's mix"). The first
        >>is listed at 9:12, the second at 8:45. Is this two cuts of the same
        >>mix, two different mixes, or the same exact mix with typo'ed times?
        >

        >One of them is part of the Hope Recordings compilation, so it's the
        >same mix but in a different context. No idea where the missing 30
        >seconds are, though... I bought myself the "long" version and IIRC
        >there is some silence around the end, so maybe they cut that out for
        >the compilation.

        The recording I made of the vinyl version stands at 8:40. This is the
        Hope Recordings release, and the Hybrid mix carries the full 'Love From
        ...' title, which wraps more than half way round the edge of the label :-)

        --
        Phil
      • Drew Ressler
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
          8:49 is the time of the track on the Gravity promo CD.

          The record labels supply Beatport with the WAV files directly, and every now and then I notice that sometimes the labels accidentally leave some silence at the end of the track...

          Drew Ressler
          http://www.rukes.com/