Re: Grayarea 'Gravity' remixes -- 2 of 'em?

  • Tag Simler
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
      I downloaded the version with the release date in 2004 (the one labeled with the long ass
      name). It's indeed 9:12 (actually 9:11 to be exact), but the song ends around the 8:45
      mark, which leaves about 25 seconds of silence at the end.

      Discogs shows two different releases with this mix, both naming them "Love from
      llanfair...", neither one labeled as the "Hybrid Mix." Although the two times are the two
      you mentioned. I'm guessing the two versions are the same mix, just one has a bit of
      silence at the end. But the track is indeed titled "Love from llanfair..."

      Can anyone else verify?

      Tag

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <myq@c...> wrote:

      > A question for the avid Hybrid collectors: Beatport has two listings for Hybrid's remix of
      "Gravity" -- one from 8/19/04 (the "love from llanfair...") and then one from 8/11/05
      ("Hybrid's mix"). The first is listed at 9:12, the second at 8:45. Is this two cuts of the same
      mix, two different mixes, or the same exact mix with typo'ed times?

      > Thanks
      > Mike

    • Thomas Touzimsky
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2006
        > A question for the avid Hybrid collectors: Beatport has two listings
        > for Hybrid's remix of "Gravity" -- one from 8/19/04 (the "love from
        > llanfair...") and then one from 8/11/05 ("Hybrid's mix"). The first is
        > listed at 9:12, the second at 8:45. Is this two cuts of the same mix,
        > two different mixes, or the same exact mix with typo'ed times?

        One of them is part of the Hope Recordings compilation, so it's the
        same mix but in a different context. No idea where the missing 30
        seconds are, though... I bought myself the "long" version and IIRC
        there is some silence around the end, so maybe they cut that out for
        the compilation.

        ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

        Just because people don't understand you
        doesn't make you an artist. (Unknown)
      • chrismix50
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
          Just checked my MP3 and it was 9:11 long, but the song stopped at 8:45.

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Tag Simler" <jtsimler3@m...> wrote:

          > I downloaded the version with the release date in 2004 (the one
          labeled with the long ass
          > name). It's indeed 9:12 (actually 9:11 to be exact), but the song
          ends around the 8:45
          > mark, which leaves about 25 seconds of silence at the end.
          >
          > Discogs shows two different releases with this mix, both naming them
          "Love from
          > llanfair...", neither one labeled as the "Hybrid Mix." Although the
          two times are the two
          > you mentioned. I'm guessing the two versions are the same mix, just
          one has a bit of
          > silence at the end. But the track is indeed titled "Love from
          llanfair..."

          > Can anyone else verify?
          >
          > Tag

        • Phil Stewart
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
            Thomas Touzimsky wrote:

            >>A question for the avid Hybrid collectors: Beatport has two listings
            >>for Hybrid's remix of "Gravity" -- one from 8/19/04 (the "love from
            >>llanfair...") and then one from 8/11/05 ("Hybrid's mix"). The first
            >>is listed at 9:12, the second at 8:45. Is this two cuts of the same
            >>mix, two different mixes, or the same exact mix with typo'ed times?
            >

            >One of them is part of the Hope Recordings compilation, so it's the
            >same mix but in a different context. No idea where the missing 30
            >seconds are, though... I bought myself the "long" version and IIRC
            >there is some silence around the end, so maybe they cut that out for
            >the compilation.

            The recording I made of the vinyl version stands at 8:40. This is the
            Hope Recordings release, and the Hybrid mix carries the full 'Love From
            ...' title, which wraps more than half way round the edge of the label :-)

            --
            Phil
          • Drew Ressler
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2006
              8:49 is the time of the track on the Gravity promo CD.

              The record labels supply Beatport with the WAV files directly, and every now and then I notice that sometimes the labels accidentally leave some silence at the end of the track...

              Drew Ressler
              http://www.rukes.com/