Re: [Hybrid] Airless?

  • Paul Dixon
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
      According to Discogs, this is a different Hybrid. Belgian duo: Ernst Bijlsma & Ben Dijkgraaf.

      http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

      Doesn't look like they have done much though. Perhaps they had to re-invent a name.

      Our boys are here:
      http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid

      [[[Moderator (Alan) says: And that's all we have to say about that! Um, yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently. Thanks for the flood of info, all!]]]
    • Jason Owen
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
        I did look at the record last night and it is a different Hybrid

        According to Discogs, this is a different Hybrid. Belgian duo: Ernst
        Bijlsma & Ben Dijkgraaf.

        http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

        Doesn't look like they have done much though. Perhaps they had to re-invent
        a name.

        Our boys are here:
        http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid

        [[[Moderator (Alan) says: And that's all we have to say about that! Um,
        yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently. Thanks for the flood of
        info, all!]]]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • RICHARD LUND
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
          Here's a couple of other works by the same boys ..

          http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML738437788

          http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML728550625

          http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML725288300

          http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML725288301

          http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML650630097

          http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML713742452

          http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML618291103

          http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML790824600

          Hope some of these help ...

          Rick

          GLITCH

          >From: "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@...>
          >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Hybrid] RE: Airless?
          >Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 23:10:14 -0500
          >
          >Actually this isnt our Hybrid boys ....
          >
          >Another group back in the day also called Hybrid ...
          >
          >Correct me if Im wrong here ...
          >
          >They also released a CD called Integration ....
          >
          >Trust me Iwent & got this , only to find out it wasnt really Hybrid ...
          >
          >Hope everyone had a great New Years .... I know I did ...
          >
          >RICK
          >GLITCH
          >

          >From: "zem_the_mattress" <Zem_the_mattress@...>
          >
          >Hey all,
          >
          >Was browsing at my local media store and came across "Perfect Remixes
          >vol.3".� Turned out to be a compilation of Tiesto remixes, including a
          >Hybrid track called Airless.� Dropped the $18 on the CD because I figured
          >that even Tiesto cannot mess up a Hybrid track - and, I have to admit that
          >"Battleship Grey" was a decent song too.� The full title is: Airless (DJ
          >Tiesto's Magical Remake).� Frankly, I couldn't find the Hybrid in the
          >track.� There is a tiny orchestral string bit in the background, but
          >certainly no bass or effects that I would recognize as the boys'.� Anyone
          >heard the original version? Or where/why it came from?
          >

          >Thanks
          >
          >Dave
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • RICHARD LUND
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
            But I love floods of info .,,,

            Did you also know there was another group called 3 Wise Monkeys ...

            Ended up buying a release of there's also ... only to be disappointed that
            it wasnt our boys ..

            RICK

            GLITCH

            >[[[Moderator (Alan) says:� And that's all we have to say about that!� Um,
            >yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently.� Thanks for the flood of
            >info, all!]]]

          • zem_the_mattress
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
              Lol!

              Thanks for response flood - I had indeed considered that this might be from the fakey hybrid, but the '05 release date (on the CD) threw me off. I am certain that the label who put out this comp was packaging it using the Hybrid name (as well as Junkie XL, Mauro Piccoto) as a main selling point.

              ENTHUSE FOR HYBRID!

              Dave