RE: [Hybrid] Airless?

  • James C Warren
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
      Battleship Grey is a quality tune, largely cos of the vocal talent ;) Makes a change from all 4 to the floor at 140pm that Tiesto normally does. As for the Airless remix, I agree, a real disappointment.

      James

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
        Hey Dave,

        believe it or not the Airless track was made by another group called Hybrid from Belgium I understand. Check out the link below

        http://www.discogs.com/release/144673

        I nearly purchased this release without realising a while back

        Ben
        Hybridy4k
      • Paul Dixon
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
          According to Discogs, this is a different Hybrid. Belgian duo: Ernst Bijlsma & Ben Dijkgraaf.

          http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

          Doesn't look like they have done much though. Perhaps they had to re-invent a name.

          Our boys are here:
          http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid

          [[[Moderator (Alan) says: And that's all we have to say about that! Um, yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently. Thanks for the flood of info, all!]]]
        • Jason Owen
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
            I did look at the record last night and it is a different Hybrid

            According to Discogs, this is a different Hybrid. Belgian duo: Ernst
            Bijlsma & Ben Dijkgraaf.

            http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

            Doesn't look like they have done much though. Perhaps they had to re-invent
            a name.

            Our boys are here:
            http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid

            [[[Moderator (Alan) says: And that's all we have to say about that! Um,
            yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently. Thanks for the flood of
            info, all!]]]

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • RICHARD LUND
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
              Here's a couple of other works by the same boys ..

              http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML738437788

              http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML728550625

              http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML725288300

              http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML725288301

              http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML650630097

              http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML713742452

              http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML618291103

              http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML790824600

              Hope some of these help ...

              Rick

              GLITCH

              >From: "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@...>
              >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Hybrid] RE: Airless?
              >Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 23:10:14 -0500
              >
              >Actually this isnt our Hybrid boys ....
              >
              >Another group back in the day also called Hybrid ...
              >
              >Correct me if Im wrong here ...
              >
              >They also released a CD called Integration ....
              >
              >Trust me Iwent & got this , only to find out it wasnt really Hybrid ...
              >
              >Hope everyone had a great New Years .... I know I did ...
              >
              >RICK
              >GLITCH
              >

              >From: "zem_the_mattress" <Zem_the_mattress@...>
              >
              >Hey all,
              >
              >Was browsing at my local media store and came across "Perfect Remixes
              >vol.3".� Turned out to be a compilation of Tiesto remixes, including a
              >Hybrid track called Airless.� Dropped the $18 on the CD because I figured
              >that even Tiesto cannot mess up a Hybrid track - and, I have to admit that
              >"Battleship Grey" was a decent song too.� The full title is: Airless (DJ
              >Tiesto's Magical Remake).� Frankly, I couldn't find the Hybrid in the
              >track.� There is a tiny orchestral string bit in the background, but
              >certainly no bass or effects that I would recognize as the boys'.� Anyone
              >heard the original version? Or where/why it came from?
              >

              >Thanks
              >
              >Dave
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • RICHARD LUND
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                But I love floods of info .,,,

                Did you also know there was another group called 3 Wise Monkeys ...

                Ended up buying a release of there's also ... only to be disappointed that
                it wasnt our boys ..

                RICK

                GLITCH

                >[[[Moderator (Alan) says:� And that's all we have to say about that!� Um,
                >yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently.� Thanks for the flood of
                >info, all!]]]

              • zem_the_mattress
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
                  Lol!

                  Thanks for response flood - I had indeed considered that this might be from the fakey hybrid, but the '05 release date (on the CD) threw me off. I am certain that the label who put out this comp was packaging it using the Hybrid name (as well as Junkie XL, Mauro Piccoto) as a main selling point.

                  ENTHUSE FOR HYBRID!

                  Dave