RE: Airless?

  • RICHARD LUND
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
      Actually this isnt our Hybrid boys ....

      Another group back in the day also called Hybrid ...

      Correct me if Im wrong here ...

      They also released a CD called Integration ....

      Trust me Iwent & got this , only to find out it wasnt really Hybrid ...

      Hope everyone had a great New Years .... I know I did ...

      RICK
      GLITCH

      From: "zem_the_mattress" <Zem_the_mattress@...>

      Hey all,

      Was browsing at my local media store and came across "Perfect Remixes vol.3".� Turned out to be a compilation of Tiesto remixes, including a Hybrid track called Airless.� Dropped the $18 on the CD because I figured that even Tiesto cannot mess up a Hybrid track - and, I have to admit that "Battleship Grey" was a decent song too.� The full title is: Airless (DJ Tiesto's Magical Remake).� Frankly, I couldn't find the Hybrid in the track.� There is a tiny orchestral string bit in the background, but certainly no bass or effects that I would recognize as the boys'.� Anyone heard the original version? Or where/why it came from?

      Thanks

      Dave
    • Drew Ressler
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
        Wrong Hybrid :)
        http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

        Drew Ressler
        http://www.rukes.com/

        Was browsing at my local media store and came across "Perfect Remixes vol.3". Turned out to be a compilation of Tiesto remixes, including a Hybrid track called Airless. Dropped the $18 on the CD because I figured that even Tiesto cannot mess up a Hybrid track - and, I have to admit that "Battleship Grey" was a decent song too. The full title is: Airless (DJ Tiesto's Magical Remake). Frankly, I couldn't find the Hybrid in the track. There is a tiny orchestral string bit in the background, but certainly no bass or effects that I would recognize as the boys'. Anyone heard the original version? Or where/why it came from?

        Thanks

        Dave
      • Harkin, Andy
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
          That track fooled me too, I have the 12" from about 1998. It's a Belgian duo who are responsible for a couple of very mediocre tunes.

          It's on the list of "fake" Hybrid tracks - http://www.hybrid-group.com/not-hybrid_discography.asp

          The Discogs page reveals little more. - http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

          Did you keep the receipt?

          :)

          Was browsing at my local media store and came across "Perfect Remixes vol.3". Turned out to be a compilation of Tiesto remixes, including a Hybrid track called Airless. Dropped the $18 on the CD because I figured that even Tiesto cannot mess up a Hybrid track - and, I have to admit that "Battleship Grey" was a decent song too. The full title is: Airless (DJ Tiesto's Magical Remake). Frankly, I couldn't find the Hybrid in the track. There is a tiny orchestral string bit in the background, but certainly no bass or effects that I would recognize as the boys'. Anyone heard the original version? Or where/why it came from?

          Thanks

          Dave
        • James C Warren
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
            Battleship Grey is a quality tune, largely cos of the vocal talent ;) Makes a change from all 4 to the floor at 140pm that Tiesto normally does. As for the Airless remix, I agree, a real disappointment.

            James

            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
              Hey Dave,

              believe it or not the Airless track was made by another group called Hybrid from Belgium I understand. Check out the link below

              http://www.discogs.com/release/144673

              I nearly purchased this release without realising a while back

              Ben
              Hybridy4k
            • Paul Dixon
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                According to Discogs, this is a different Hybrid. Belgian duo: Ernst Bijlsma & Ben Dijkgraaf.

                http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

                Doesn't look like they have done much though. Perhaps they had to re-invent a name.

                Our boys are here:
                http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid

                [[[Moderator (Alan) says: And that's all we have to say about that! Um, yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently. Thanks for the flood of info, all!]]]
              • Jason Owen
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                  I did look at the record last night and it is a different Hybrid

                  According to Discogs, this is a different Hybrid. Belgian duo: Ernst
                  Bijlsma & Ben Dijkgraaf.

                  http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

                  Doesn't look like they have done much though. Perhaps they had to re-invent
                  a name.

                  Our boys are here:
                  http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid

                  [[[Moderator (Alan) says: And that's all we have to say about that! Um,
                  yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently. Thanks for the flood of
                  info, all!]]]

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • RICHARD LUND
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                    Here's a couple of other works by the same boys ..

                    http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML738437788

                    http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML728550625

                    http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML725288300

                    http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML725288301

                    http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML650630097

                    http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML713742452

                    http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML618291103

                    http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML790824600

                    Hope some of these help ...

                    Rick

                    GLITCH

                    >From: "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@...>
                    >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [Hybrid] RE: Airless?
                    >Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 23:10:14 -0500
                    >
                    >Actually this isnt our Hybrid boys ....
                    >
                    >Another group back in the day also called Hybrid ...
                    >
                    >Correct me if Im wrong here ...
                    >
                    >They also released a CD called Integration ....
                    >
                    >Trust me Iwent & got this , only to find out it wasnt really Hybrid ...
                    >
                    >Hope everyone had a great New Years .... I know I did ...
                    >
                    >RICK
                    >GLITCH
                    >

                    >From: "zem_the_mattress" <Zem_the_mattress@...>
                    >
                    >Hey all,
                    >
                    >Was browsing at my local media store and came across "Perfect Remixes
                    >vol.3".� Turned out to be a compilation of Tiesto remixes, including a
                    >Hybrid track called Airless.� Dropped the $18 on the CD because I figured
                    >that even Tiesto cannot mess up a Hybrid track - and, I have to admit that
                    >"Battleship Grey" was a decent song too.� The full title is: Airless (DJ
                    >Tiesto's Magical Remake).� Frankly, I couldn't find the Hybrid in the
                    >track.� There is a tiny orchestral string bit in the background, but
                    >certainly no bass or effects that I would recognize as the boys'.� Anyone
                    >heard the original version? Or where/why it came from?
                    >

                    >Thanks
                    >
                    >Dave
                    >

                    >Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • RICHARD LUND
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                      But I love floods of info .,,,

                      Did you also know there was another group called 3 Wise Monkeys ...

                      Ended up buying a release of there's also ... only to be disappointed that
                      it wasnt our boys ..

                      RICK

                      GLITCH

                      >[[[Moderator (Alan) says:� And that's all we have to say about that!� Um,
                      >yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently.� Thanks for the flood of
                      >info, all!]]]

                    • zem_the_mattress
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
                        Lol!

                        Thanks for response flood - I had indeed considered that this might be from the fakey hybrid, but the '05 release date (on the CD) threw me off. I am certain that the label who put out this comp was packaging it using the Hybrid name (as well as Junkie XL, Mauro Piccoto) as a main selling point.

                        ENTHUSE FOR HYBRID!

                        Dave