Airless?

  • zem_the_mattress
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
      Hey all,

      Was browsing at my local media store and came across "Perfect Remixes vol.3". Turned out to be a compilation of Tiesto remixes, including a Hybrid track called Airless. Dropped the $18 on the CD because I figured that even Tiesto cannot mess up a Hybrid track - and, I have to admit that "Battleship Grey" was a decent song too. The full title is: Airless (DJ Tiesto's Magical Remake). Frankly, I couldn't find the Hybrid in the track. There is a tiny orchestral string bit in the background, but certainly no bass or effects that I would recognize as the boys'. Anyone heard the original version? Or where/why it came from?

      Thanks

      Dave
    • Jason Owen
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
        Dave,

        I bought this record (airless) in 1997 on Xtra Nova Records. It is an amazing sound and ahead of its time when it came out. I don't think it is available on vinyl anymore. I will have to look and see what compilation it is on, but I do know it was featured on a few.

        Jason

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
          Actually this isnt our Hybrid boys ....

          Another group back in the day also called Hybrid ...

          Correct me if Im wrong here ...

          They also released a CD called Integration ....

          Trust me Iwent & got this , only to find out it wasnt really Hybrid ...

          Hope everyone had a great New Years .... I know I did ...

          RICK
          GLITCH

          From: "zem_the_mattress" <Zem_the_mattress@...>

          Hey all,

          Was browsing at my local media store and came across "Perfect Remixes vol.3".� Turned out to be a compilation of Tiesto remixes, including a Hybrid track called Airless.� Dropped the $18 on the CD because I figured that even Tiesto cannot mess up a Hybrid track - and, I have to admit that "Battleship Grey" was a decent song too.� The full title is: Airless (DJ Tiesto's Magical Remake).� Frankly, I couldn't find the Hybrid in the track.� There is a tiny orchestral string bit in the background, but certainly no bass or effects that I would recognize as the boys'.� Anyone heard the original version? Or where/why it came from?

          Thanks

          Dave
        • Drew Ressler
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 3, 2006
            Wrong Hybrid :)
            http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

            Drew Ressler
            http://www.rukes.com/

            Was browsing at my local media store and came across "Perfect Remixes vol.3". Turned out to be a compilation of Tiesto remixes, including a Hybrid track called Airless. Dropped the $18 on the CD because I figured that even Tiesto cannot mess up a Hybrid track - and, I have to admit that "Battleship Grey" was a decent song too. The full title is: Airless (DJ Tiesto's Magical Remake). Frankly, I couldn't find the Hybrid in the track. There is a tiny orchestral string bit in the background, but certainly no bass or effects that I would recognize as the boys'. Anyone heard the original version? Or where/why it came from?

            Thanks

            Dave
          • Harkin, Andy
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
              That track fooled me too, I have the 12" from about 1998. It's a Belgian duo who are responsible for a couple of very mediocre tunes.

              It's on the list of "fake" Hybrid tracks - http://www.hybrid-group.com/not-hybrid_discography.asp

              The Discogs page reveals little more. - http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

              Did you keep the receipt?

              :)

              Was browsing at my local media store and came across "Perfect Remixes vol.3". Turned out to be a compilation of Tiesto remixes, including a Hybrid track called Airless. Dropped the $18 on the CD because I figured that even Tiesto cannot mess up a Hybrid track - and, I have to admit that "Battleship Grey" was a decent song too. The full title is: Airless (DJ Tiesto's Magical Remake). Frankly, I couldn't find the Hybrid in the track. There is a tiny orchestral string bit in the background, but certainly no bass or effects that I would recognize as the boys'. Anyone heard the original version? Or where/why it came from?

              Thanks

              Dave
            • James C Warren
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                Battleship Grey is a quality tune, largely cos of the vocal talent ;) Makes a change from all 4 to the floor at 140pm that Tiesto normally does. As for the Airless remix, I agree, a real disappointment.

                James

                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                  Hey Dave,

                  believe it or not the Airless track was made by another group called Hybrid from Belgium I understand. Check out the link below

                  http://www.discogs.com/release/144673

                  I nearly purchased this release without realising a while back

                  Ben
                  Hybridy4k
                • Paul Dixon
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                    According to Discogs, this is a different Hybrid. Belgian duo: Ernst Bijlsma & Ben Dijkgraaf.

                    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

                    Doesn't look like they have done much though. Perhaps they had to re-invent a name.

                    Our boys are here:
                    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid

                    [[[Moderator (Alan) says: And that's all we have to say about that! Um, yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently. Thanks for the flood of info, all!]]]
                  • Jason Owen
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                      I did look at the record last night and it is a different Hybrid

                      According to Discogs, this is a different Hybrid. Belgian duo: Ernst
                      Bijlsma & Ben Dijkgraaf.

                      http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid+(2)

                      Doesn't look like they have done much though. Perhaps they had to re-invent
                      a name.

                      Our boys are here:
                      http://www.discogs.com/artist/Hybrid

                      [[[Moderator (Alan) says: And that's all we have to say about that! Um,
                      yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently. Thanks for the flood of
                      info, all!]]]

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • RICHARD LUND
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                        Here's a couple of other works by the same boys ..

                        http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML738437788

                        http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML728550625

                        http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML725288300

                        http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML725288301

                        http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML650630097

                        http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML713742452

                        http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML618291103

                        http://www.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?&a_refno=GML790824600

                        Hope some of these help ...

                        Rick

                        GLITCH

                        >From: "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@...>
                        >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                        >Subject: [Hybrid] RE: Airless?
                        >Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 23:10:14 -0500
                        >
                        >Actually this isnt our Hybrid boys ....
                        >
                        >Another group back in the day also called Hybrid ...
                        >
                        >Correct me if Im wrong here ...
                        >
                        >They also released a CD called Integration ....
                        >
                        >Trust me Iwent & got this , only to find out it wasnt really Hybrid ...
                        >
                        >Hope everyone had a great New Years .... I know I did ...
                        >
                        >RICK
                        >GLITCH
                        >

                        >From: "zem_the_mattress" <Zem_the_mattress@...>
                        >
                        >Hey all,
                        >
                        >Was browsing at my local media store and came across "Perfect Remixes
                        >vol.3".� Turned out to be a compilation of Tiesto remixes, including a
                        >Hybrid track called Airless.� Dropped the $18 on the CD because I figured
                        >that even Tiesto cannot mess up a Hybrid track - and, I have to admit that
                        >"Battleship Grey" was a decent song too.� The full title is: Airless (DJ
                        >Tiesto's Magical Remake).� Frankly, I couldn't find the Hybrid in the
                        >track.� There is a tiny orchestral string bit in the background, but
                        >certainly no bass or effects that I would recognize as the boys'.� Anyone
                        >heard the original version? Or where/why it came from?
                        >

                        >Thanks
                        >
                        >Dave
                        >

                        >Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • RICHARD LUND
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 4, 2006
                          But I love floods of info .,,,

                          Did you also know there was another group called 3 Wise Monkeys ...

                          Ended up buying a release of there's also ... only to be disappointed that
                          it wasnt our boys ..

                          RICK

                          GLITCH

                          >[[[Moderator (Alan) says:� And that's all we have to say about that!� Um,
                          >yeah, I watched 'Forrest Gump' again recently.� Thanks for the flood of
                          >info, all!]]]

                        • zem_the_mattress
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
                            Lol!

                            Thanks for response flood - I had indeed considered that this might be from the fakey hybrid, but the '05 release date (on the CD) threw me off. I am certain that the label who put out this comp was packaging it using the Hybrid name (as well as Junkie XL, Mauro Piccoto) as a main selling point.

                            ENTHUSE FOR HYBRID!

                            Dave