news and feedback...

  • Carolyn Pfaff
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2005
      not hybrid related, but wanted to tell you junkie xl fans that there are a couple new songs for download on itunes relating tom's new music.
      the destroy all humans soundtrack is now available, and i like the whole cd, check it.
      and second, and this is sort of gay, but the new britney spears song he did is there as well. and personally, i love it. it's sexy music. when he got the original version, we listened and both agreed it was total crap. so the music he produced is 100% his, so it's not necessarily a remix, but for legal reasons they call it that. anyways, for any fans, be sure to notice the wide use of string arrangements (cause i love them and he loves me). they are very pretty and hybridesque.
      and last, for anyone who plays video games, the first single off his album is on a game called burnout legends, even though the single is yet to be released. we're hoping for march!
      oh, and one more thing. tom got his first full score for a bigtime movie due out next year. DOA, based on the video game (http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt0398913/). basically, it's and tits and ass kung fu film more or less. but the music so far rocks!
      ciao,
      c!
    • Nick Bower
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2005
        I love that game...it's one of my faves!

        The album is worth checking out...as apart from JunkieXL there's also
        some Timo Maas and Meat Beat Manifesto, amongst others. Quite a good
        listen.

        Tom's stuff sounds really cool. His 'Destroy All Humans Theme' has a
        perfect 1950's sci-fi B movie sound and some very Hybrid-esque strings
        to boot. The soundtrack also features his remix of Sh-Boom - The Crew
        Cuts (a really fun breaks re-work) and his very moody, downtempo track called 'Beyond The Stars'.

        :)

        Nick

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Pfaff <sweetcarolyn@m...> wrote:

        > not hybrid related, but wanted to tell you junkie xl fans that
        there are a couple new songs for download on itunes relating tom's new
        music.
        > the destroy all humans soundtrack is now available, and i like the
        whole cd, check it.
        > and second, and this is sort of gay, but the new britney spears song
        he did is there as well. and personally, i love it. it's sexy music.
        when he got the original version, we listened and both agreed it was
        total crap. so the music he produced is 100% his, so it's not
        necessarily a remix, but for legal reasons they call it that.
        anyways, for any fans, be sure to notice the wide use of string
        arrangements (cause i love them and he loves me). they are very
        pretty and hybridesque.
        > and last, for anyone who plays video games, the first single off his
        album is on a game called burnout legends, even though the single is
        yet to be released. we're hoping for march!
        > oh, and one more thing. tom got his first full score for a bigtime
        movie due out next year. DOA, based on the video game
        (http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt0398913/). basically, it's and tits and
        ass kung fu film more or less. but the music so far rocks!
        > ciao,
        > c!

      • Alan Duval
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 23, 2005