RE: [Hybrid] That time of year...

  • Harkin, Andy
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
      Albums:
      Ali B's Y4K and General Midi - Midi Style are my favourites from Distinctive, though most releases have been excellent. Other albums which tend to stay near the player are Dreadzone - Once upon a time, Turn Brakes - JackInABox, both due to excellent gigs I attended.

      Mixes:
      Oh my - so many :) James Warren's mixes have brought a huge amount of enjoyment.
      http://www.theyoungpunx.com/ - Some fun mixes on here
      Also, the Elite Force Strongarm Sessions - http://www.strongarmsessions.co.uk/
      James Zabiela's offerings http://homepage.mac.com/jameszabiela/FOUR.2/FileSharing25.html for DJ Mag comp,
      This http://www.bangingtunes.com/forum/topic/t27543/ Hard House thingy which most of you will probably hate ;)
      Neil Quigley, who has been John Digweed's warm-up DJ for the last Bedrock parties http://www.neilquigley.com/
      Re-discovered Ali Line - OPM - http://www.mixdepot.net/MarblesDJs/AliLineOPM

      Events:
      Loads of parties, I go out nearly every weekend, but the best fun has been had at these.

      Glade - Wow! Utterly awesome. (Apart from the thieving scumbags)
      Big Chill - WowWow! (as above)
      Dreadzone in Oxford
      Faithless in Brixton last Wed
      Every Chew the Fat - THE best breaks party :)
      SEOne III in May - honoured to be asked to run the breaks room.
      Eargasm a couple of months ago. (Anyone up for it this coming Friday?)
      ChiChime and Nano records in Stratford