Re: New (and hold) Hybrid tracks. Will Catacombs get a soundtrack release?

  • chrismix50
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 4, 2005
      I just talked to Mike and Chris and found out two things. First they
      are planning on touring the new album around March (mabey earlier).

      Secondly about the status of the soundtrack releases.

      " The film score tracks will eventaully be available, the Domino ones
      are due out soon and we're hopefully going to get Distinctive to
      release the Catacombs soundtrack. That's the plan anyway.."

      So guess thats some pretty excellent news :)

      Chris

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Trent. S" <reallyknowyourenemy@y...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks Alley for the Hybrid@myspace link!
      >
      > I was travelling through the discography to find some tracks I had
      never heard of before!

      > -Demons
      > -Mr Smith
      > -Orbit
      > -keep it in the family
      >
      > Oh God! it was bad enough never finding a copy of Cascade or Gospel
      (I still haven't) but
      > now more stuff!! are these unreleased demo's or completed tracks
      that didn't make the
      > first two LP's? or just tracks they did as stand alones- if anybody
      knows anything on how
      > to just hear them- please post!
      > it's torture! the hybrid boys list there tracks that are virtually
      impossible to track down (or
      > maybe its just me, But hey, I live in Tasmania, un-dance capital of
      the world, where
      > practically nothing ever happens with dance music!!!)
      >
      > and I reckon it would be just awesome if hybrid released the score
      to catacombs, who
      > knows?? maybe? :-)

    • chrismix50
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 4, 2005
        Hmm...

        Wonder who I have to kill to get that promo CD with Cascade!
        Well I guess mabey this means it is going to make it onto LP3?!

        Also intresting about the Chronicles of Narnia - Hybrid's Witch of the
        West...

        Mabey Distinctive will give us a nice surprise and add some more Mp3s
        onto their site..

        Chris

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@m...> wrote:
        I was suprised also to see this discography ....

        Demon , Orbit , Keep it in the Family ..... never heard of these
        ...not sure what they are ..

        Nice to see full score cues for Man on Fire , Domino , & Catacombs .... gonna have to pull out my Man of Fire DVD now and search for these
        cues ....

        Also whats up with Harry Gregory Williams - Chronicles of Narnia - Hybrid's Witch of the West Mix

        Also heard rumors of a Hybrid promo cd floating around that the boys
        are passing around ... it has a FULL VERSION of Cascade .... along with a few new trax from the new album ....
      • Trent Saunders
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 4, 2005
          I'm all excited again. : ) Ive got the same buzz as I
          did when waiting for morning sci-fi.
          I can't wait to see what the boys deliver this time
          round, we all have a rough idea of the sound- but as
          we all know, Hybrid have a way of surprising
          everybody. bring on LP3.

          Cascade! I really hope they use it, I have listened to
          death the little demo on hybridsoundsystem.com!

          and another thing, I wonder what art concepts they
          will use this time? I loved the work of David Hughes
          on Morning sci-fi, it was probably the best art link
          with the music.

          thanks everyone for the info. : )
        • Daniel Craig
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 4, 2005
            > Planet Funk - Everyday - Hybrid 1150 Mix

            They have got a new album just out, perhaps it will be on an upcoming single.

            > Harry Gregory Williams - Chronicles of Narnia - Hybrid's Witch of the West
            > Mix

            Well the movie comes out in less than a week. Wait a few and I'm sure it
            will pop up.

            Dan
          • Nick Bower
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
              Mike and Chris are big fans of Planet Funk...I heard some bits and
              bobs off the new album during the Summer and it is really good.

              :)

              Nick

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Craig <dcraig@n...> wrote:

              Planet Funk - Everyday - Hybrid 1150 Mix

              They have got a new album just out, perhaps it will be on an upcoming single.
            • Thomas Touzimsky
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
                > Mike and Chris are big fans of Planet Funk...I heard some bits and
                > bobs off the new album during the Summer and it is really good.

                I can see why they are. :-) Don't know whether or not their remix is confirmed, but if it is it could mean it will finally get a release outside Italy!

                ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                I'm only chasing my dreams
                It may not be what it seems
                Can you hear the sun scream
                I'm only chasing my dreams
              • Daniel Craig
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
                  >> Mike and Chris are big fans of Planet Funk...I heard some bits and
                  >> bobs off the new album during the Summer and it is really good.
                  >
                  > I can see why they are. :-) Don't know whether or not their remix is
                  > confirmed, but if it is it could mean it will finally get a release
                  > outside Italy!

                  I hope that album does get released elsewhere. It's one of my favorites
                  of this year.

                  Dan
                • Jonathan Gerler
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
                    *Lurk disengaged*...

                    Thomas...great sunscreem quote (maybe I'm just now noticing it)...now THERE would be a collaboration...Lucia Holm and the Hybrid boys...damn...

                    *lurk engaged*

                    Jon G.
                    http://www.djfm.com

                    On 12/5/05 1:51 PM, "Thomas Touzimsky" <tto@...> wrote:
                    ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                    I'm only chasing my dreams
                    It may not be what it seems
                    Can you hear the sun scream
                    I'm only chasing my dreams
                  • Trent Saunders
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
                      MAN ON FIRE:

                      here is another Hybrid cue I found:

                      Chapter 23 'paging the president'
                      timecode: 1:37:39

                      Just as Creasy fires his rocket at the jeep and it
                      detonates Hybrid's track ZULU pounds away with all
                      it's tribal fury- fantastic : )
                    • ally @ hybrid-group.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 6, 2005
                        wrote:

                        > Thanks Alley for the Hybrid@myspace link!
                        >
                        > I was travelling through the discography to find some tracks I had
                        never heard of before!

                        p.s. the discography that Hybrid have used on MySpace is taken from
                        the one at Hybrid-group.com (www.hybrid-group.com/discography.asp).

                        I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few new ones...so if you spot one that's
                        missing, email me at ally@....

                        Ally
                      • RICHARD LUND
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 6, 2005
                          Great find ..... Add that one to the list ...

                          RICK

                          GLITCH