RE: [Hybrid] Re: That time of year...

  • RICHARD LUND
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2005
      ok Ill try ...

      Albums: Dylan Rhymes - Dead Famous,JDS - Purple Funky Monkey , Pharcyde -
      Humboldt Beginnings , Rehab - Grafitti the World , Ministry - Rantology ,
      Skinny Puppy - Greater Wrong of the Right , Hybrid - Y4k , Evil 9 - You Can
      Be Special Too , SkimKid 3 - Slim's Cafe , Orgone (untitled) , Timo Maas -
      Pictures , (and probably alot more ive forgotten)

      mixes: Various Hybrid & BT Live sets from the last few years ... DJ Bobby B
      - 99 Rips , DJ Bobby B - Diggin in the Crates , various Way Out West LIVE
      performaces ...

      tracks:�way too many to mention ...

      Remixes:� the Hybrid bootleg mix collection , anything new by JDS , evil 9
      & stanton Warriors

      Events : Grayarea & front 242 in Tampa ... didnt really see many 'events'
      this year...

      Looking forward to:�New Hybrid ...New Stanton Warrios .... Ministry &
      Revolting Cocks tour 2006

      Rick

      GLITCH

      http://www.myspace.com/DJ_Glitch
    • Anton
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2005
        Albums: the mars volta - "frances the mute", princess superstar -
        "my machine", asian dub foundation - "tank", esthero - "wikked lil
        grrls". team sleep and gorrillaz are honorable mentions too :)

        Tracks: team sleep - "king diamond", princess superstar - "bad girls
        NYC", m83 - "car chase terror" (this track is just... crazy). ADF -
        "who runs the place", Enigma - Hello and welcome (new track, YAY!)

        Mixes: Influenza - august 2005 mix (got it from mix-tapes.de i
        believe, amazing breaks, would especially reccomend it to those who
        hate it when hybrid and dub pistols spin too much house into sets).
        and the Hybrid Liquified sets are great.

        Remixes: puscifer "rev 22:20" (4:20 mix), Hooverphonic - "You hurt
        me" (no more sweet music mix), Collide - "Tempted" (Conjure One Mix)
        (last years, but i just got the cd recently).

        Event: mars volta/system show, as well as NIN show.

        Looking forward to new hooverphonic, tool, enigma, sneaker pimps,
        and a damn hybrid show in my town!!!

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Tag Simler" <jtsimler3@m...> wrote:

        > This sounds like fun.
        >
        > Albums: Moby - Hotel, Kirsty Hawkshaw - Meta Message, Dylan
        Rhymes - Dead Famous, Royksopp - The Understanding, Hans Zimmer &
        James Newton Howard - Batman Begins, John Williams - Star Wars:
        Revenge of the Sith

        > Mixes: lots from Hybridized (esp. the new sets from DW and Noel
        Sanger), The Crystal Method - Community Service II, UNKLE - Edit
        Music for a Film, and of course, Cumulus (f'ing brilliant, James)

        > Tracks: Joel Armstrong - "Serenity", many more
        >
        > Remixes: the Hybrid bootleg mix collection, the Proton Remix
        contest of Deepsky's "Deep in the Moment"

        > Event: Hybrid at Ice in Houston, Dave Matthews Band in Selma, TX
        >
        > Looking forward to: everything Hybrid (LP3, RAAPB2, Catacombs),
        NuBreed Y4K, and much more

        > *and a new category I came up with* :-)
        > Anything that was released before this year, but you discovered
        THIS year: Kirsty Hawkshaw - O<U>T, Evil Nine - You Can Be Special
        Too

        > Tag
        >

        > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "James C Warren" <james@w...>
        wrote:
        > It's the start of December and it got me thinking about favourite
        albums, tracks, mixes, remixes and events of the year. I'll start
        the ball rolling.

        > Albums: Imogen Heap - Speak for Yourself, Bloc Party - Silent
        Alarm, M83 - Before the Dawn Heals Us, Royksopp - The Understanding,
        Depeche Mode - Playing the Angel, Underworld - LovelyBrokenThing

        > Mixes: Loads and loads from Hybridized :) but I also enjoyed the
        Renaissance Therapy Sessions (Vol 2), Y4K series, Layered Sounds
        series, Sasha - Fundacion, stuff from Face (Mixdepot), and entries
        from the BijouBreaks competition.

        > Tracks: Too many to mention but anything I've used means I love
        it. Really dig Andrew Kelly's stuff in particular 'A Downside to
        Belonging'. Also Bloc Party - The Pioneers (M83 Remix)

        > Remixes: Again, too many to mention but I really enjoyed Sasha
        remixes of DM - Precious and Faithless - Insomnia.

        > Event: Faithless at Brixton (last night!); Feeder (Brixton);
        missing U2 in the summer :( (boo!, in hospital).

        > Looking forward to: (apart from the obvious ;) Underworld's new
        album and UK tour (they're also starting to push some boundaries
        with internet marketing which is good to see); Andy Page album;
        Andrew Kelly stuff. New Marillion stuff (always pushing internet and
        marketing boundaries).

      • Harkin, Andy
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
          Albums:
          Ali B's Y4K and General Midi - Midi Style are my favourites from Distinctive, though most releases have been excellent. Other albums which tend to stay near the player are Dreadzone - Once upon a time, Turn Brakes - JackInABox, both due to excellent gigs I attended.

          Mixes:
          Oh my - so many :) James Warren's mixes have brought a huge amount of enjoyment.
          http://www.theyoungpunx.com/ - Some fun mixes on here
          Also, the Elite Force Strongarm Sessions - http://www.strongarmsessions.co.uk/
          James Zabiela's offerings http://homepage.mac.com/jameszabiela/FOUR.2/FileSharing25.html for DJ Mag comp,
          This http://www.bangingtunes.com/forum/topic/t27543/ Hard House thingy which most of you will probably hate ;)
          Neil Quigley, who has been John Digweed's warm-up DJ for the last Bedrock parties http://www.neilquigley.com/
          Re-discovered Ali Line - OPM - http://www.mixdepot.net/MarblesDJs/AliLineOPM

          Events:
          Loads of parties, I go out nearly every weekend, but the best fun has been had at these.

          Glade - Wow! Utterly awesome. (Apart from the thieving scumbags)
          Big Chill - WowWow! (as above)
          Dreadzone in Oxford
          Faithless in Brixton last Wed
          Every Chew the Fat - THE best breaks party :)
          SEOne III in May - honoured to be asked to run the breaks room.
          Eargasm a couple of months ago. (Anyone up for it this coming Friday?)
          ChiChime and Nano records in Stratford