New (and hold) Hybrid tracks. Will Catacombs get a soundtrack release?

  • Trent. S
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2005
      Thanks Alley for the Hybrid@myspace link!

      I was travelling through the discography to find some tracks I had never heard of before!

      -Demons
      -Mr Smith
      -Orbit
      -keep it in the family

      Oh God! it was bad enough never finding a copy of Cascade or Gospel (I still haven't) but
      now more stuff!! are these unreleased demo's or completed tracks that didn't make the
      first two LP's? or just tracks they did as stand alones- if anybody knows anything on how
      to just hear them- please post!
      it's torture! the hybrid boys list there tracks that are virtually impossible to track down (or
      maybe its just me, But hey, I live in Tasmania, un-dance capital of the world, where
      practically nothing ever happens with dance music!!!)

      and I reckon it would be just awesome if hybrid released the score to catacombs, who
      knows?? maybe? :-)
    • RICHARD LUND
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 3, 2005
        I was suprised also to see this discography ....

        Demon , Orbit , Keep it in the Family ..... never heard of these ...not sure
        what they are ..

        Nice to see full score cues for Man on Fire , Domino , & Catacombs ....
        gonna have to pull out my Man of Fire DVD now and search for these cues ....

        Also whats up with

        Planet Funk - Everyday - Hybrid 1150 Mix
        Harry Gregory Williams - Chronicles of Narnia - Hybrid's Witch of the West
        Mix

        Never heard of these either ...

        Also heard rumors of a Hybrid promo cd floating around that the boys are
        passing around ... it has a FULL VERSION of Cascade .... along with a few
        new trax from the new album ....

        Nice to also see the randon Hybrid mixes I found a while back that were
        never confirmed ... .especially the Goldmine - Natural - Hybrid Jump Up Mix
        ..... got the confirm on the Rootjuice ...... Hybrid are also still listing
        that Philip Bailey track ..... cant find that and Ive been looking for years
        now ...... dont think I know anyone who has it either ...

        Ok enough rambling now

        Any info greatly appreciated ...

        New GLITCH Mix coming this week also ..

        RICK

        GLITCH

        http://www.myspace.com/DJ_Glitch

        >I was travelling through the discography to find some tracks I had never
        >heard of before!
        >-Demons
        >-Mr Smith
        >-Orbit
        >-keep it in the family

      • chrismix50
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 4, 2005
          I just talked to Mike and Chris and found out two things. First they
          are planning on touring the new album around March (mabey earlier).

          Secondly about the status of the soundtrack releases.

          " The film score tracks will eventaully be available, the Domino ones
          are due out soon and we're hopefully going to get Distinctive to
          release the Catacombs soundtrack. That's the plan anyway.."

          So guess thats some pretty excellent news :)

          Chris

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Trent. S" <reallyknowyourenemy@y...>
          wrote:

          > Thanks Alley for the Hybrid@myspace link!
          >
          > I was travelling through the discography to find some tracks I had
          never heard of before!

          > -Demons
          > -Mr Smith
          > -Orbit
          > -keep it in the family
          >
          > Oh God! it was bad enough never finding a copy of Cascade or Gospel
          (I still haven't) but
          > now more stuff!! are these unreleased demo's or completed tracks
          that didn't make the
          > first two LP's? or just tracks they did as stand alones- if anybody
          knows anything on how
          > to just hear them- please post!
          > it's torture! the hybrid boys list there tracks that are virtually
          impossible to track down (or
          > maybe its just me, But hey, I live in Tasmania, un-dance capital of
          the world, where
          > practically nothing ever happens with dance music!!!)
          >
          > and I reckon it would be just awesome if hybrid released the score
          to catacombs, who
          > knows?? maybe? :-)

        • chrismix50
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 4, 2005
            Hmm...

            Wonder who I have to kill to get that promo CD with Cascade!
            Well I guess mabey this means it is going to make it onto LP3?!

            Also intresting about the Chronicles of Narnia - Hybrid's Witch of the
            West...

            Mabey Distinctive will give us a nice surprise and add some more Mp3s
            onto their site..

            Chris

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@m...> wrote:
            I was suprised also to see this discography ....

            Demon , Orbit , Keep it in the Family ..... never heard of these
            ...not sure what they are ..

            Nice to see full score cues for Man on Fire , Domino , & Catacombs .... gonna have to pull out my Man of Fire DVD now and search for these
            cues ....

            Also whats up with Harry Gregory Williams - Chronicles of Narnia - Hybrid's Witch of the West Mix

            Also heard rumors of a Hybrid promo cd floating around that the boys
            are passing around ... it has a FULL VERSION of Cascade .... along with a few new trax from the new album ....
          • Trent Saunders
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 4, 2005
              I'm all excited again. : ) Ive got the same buzz as I
              did when waiting for morning sci-fi.
              I can't wait to see what the boys deliver this time
              round, we all have a rough idea of the sound- but as
              we all know, Hybrid have a way of surprising
              everybody. bring on LP3.

              Cascade! I really hope they use it, I have listened to
              death the little demo on hybridsoundsystem.com!

              and another thing, I wonder what art concepts they
              will use this time? I loved the work of David Hughes
              on Morning sci-fi, it was probably the best art link
              with the music.

              thanks everyone for the info. : )
            • Daniel Craig
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 4, 2005
                > Planet Funk - Everyday - Hybrid 1150 Mix

                They have got a new album just out, perhaps it will be on an upcoming single.

                > Harry Gregory Williams - Chronicles of Narnia - Hybrid's Witch of the West
                > Mix

                Well the movie comes out in less than a week. Wait a few and I'm sure it
                will pop up.

                Dan
              • Nick Bower
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
                  Mike and Chris are big fans of Planet Funk...I heard some bits and
                  bobs off the new album during the Summer and it is really good.

                  :)

                  Nick

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Craig <dcraig@n...> wrote:

                  Planet Funk - Everyday - Hybrid 1150 Mix

                  They have got a new album just out, perhaps it will be on an upcoming single.
                • Thomas Touzimsky
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
                    > Mike and Chris are big fans of Planet Funk...I heard some bits and
                    > bobs off the new album during the Summer and it is really good.

                    I can see why they are. :-) Don't know whether or not their remix is confirmed, but if it is it could mean it will finally get a release outside Italy!

                    ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                    I'm only chasing my dreams
                    It may not be what it seems
                    Can you hear the sun scream
                    I'm only chasing my dreams
                  • Daniel Craig
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
                      >> Mike and Chris are big fans of Planet Funk...I heard some bits and
                      >> bobs off the new album during the Summer and it is really good.
                      >
                      > I can see why they are. :-) Don't know whether or not their remix is
                      > confirmed, but if it is it could mean it will finally get a release
                      > outside Italy!

                      I hope that album does get released elsewhere. It's one of my favorites
                      of this year.

                      Dan
                    • Jonathan Gerler
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
                        *Lurk disengaged*...

                        Thomas...great sunscreem quote (maybe I'm just now noticing it)...now THERE would be a collaboration...Lucia Holm and the Hybrid boys...damn...

                        *lurk engaged*

                        Jon G.
                        http://www.djfm.com

                        On 12/5/05 1:51 PM, "Thomas Touzimsky" <tto@...> wrote:
                        ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                        I'm only chasing my dreams
                        It may not be what it seems
                        Can you hear the sun scream
                        I'm only chasing my dreams
                      • Trent Saunders
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 5, 2005
                          MAN ON FIRE:

                          here is another Hybrid cue I found:

                          Chapter 23 'paging the president'
                          timecode: 1:37:39

                          Just as Creasy fires his rocket at the jeep and it
                          detonates Hybrid's track ZULU pounds away with all
                          it's tribal fury- fantastic : )
                        • ally @ hybrid-group.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 6, 2005
                            wrote:

                            > Thanks Alley for the Hybrid@myspace link!
                            >
                            > I was travelling through the discography to find some tracks I had
                            never heard of before!

                            p.s. the discography that Hybrid have used on MySpace is taken from
                            the one at Hybrid-group.com (www.hybrid-group.com/discography.asp).

                            I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few new ones...so if you spot one that's
                            missing, email me at ally@....

                            Ally
                          • RICHARD LUND
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 6, 2005
                              Great find ..... Add that one to the list ...

                              RICK

                              GLITCH