Re: updates updates...

  • chrismix50
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 25, 2005
      I liked the song too, especially the guitar bit. Maybe it's because it is something that you don't normally hear, but at the same time had some work put into it's production.

      I could think of a million ways that guitar part could sound like garbage, and 100 ways that would be winners.

      Guess it falls into the love it or hate it region, but either way you
      have to give him some credit for the idea...unlike any song I have heard before.

      (And it has an amazing ability to get stuck in your head)

      -Chris

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bower" <nickbower2000@y...> wrote:

      Hmmm...

      I guess it's one of those tracks you either like or you don't. Personally I think it's a real breath of fresh air...something different. It's rather amusing watching the reaction of people who've never heard it before....just around when the guitar riff slides
      in....:)

      I like the fact that Andy can create something that's danceable, pretty damn filthy and twisted...yet with quite a fun element to it.

      Each to their own

      :)

      Nick
    • Trent Saunders
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 27, 2005
        Andy page is a legend, I can remember hearing 'Lydian and the dinosaur' about 5 years ago at the turn of the millenium, a track he did with Phil K (under the hi-fi bugs alias)- it just blew me away, and it was so easy to tell the bits of the track Andy had produced, all the whacked out distorted synths and bleepy stutters. great stuff.
      • ally @ hybrid-group.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 28, 2005
          Mike and Chris are hoping to finish the album by the end of this
          year. Not sure what the release date will be yet.

          Ally

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Trent. S"
          <reallyknowyourenemy@y...> wrote:

          > What really is happening, album/music wise with Hybrid right now??
          we have had teeny
          > tiny samples of what to expect from the boys, but when? what'll it
          be like? who's new in
          > the band? whats it's title (that I think we would all love to
          know!) if anybody has any
          > smidget of spoiler info of Hybrid next outing, please enlighten
          the other hybridites, I
          > know one thing (although I think I have said a billion times
          already most likely) is that
          > Hybrid are doing some with work with vocalist/rocker Perry o'neil
          (at least I think thats his
          > name) and a very talented guitarist who states on his own website
          having done a track
          > with them and Hooky, so maybe Hooky is joining the boys again?
          anyway- let fly any info