updates updates...

  • Trent. S
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 23, 2005
      What really is happening, album/music wise with Hybrid right now?? we have had teeny
      tiny samples of what to expect from the boys, but when? what'll it be like? who's new in
      the band? whats it's title (that I think we would all love to know!) if anybody has any
      smidget of spoiler info of Hybrid next outing, please enlighten the other hybridites, I
      know one thing (although I think I have said a billion times already most likely) is that
      Hybrid are doing some with work with vocalist/rocker Perry o'neil (at least I think thats his
      name) and a very talented guitarist who states on his own website having done a track
      with them and Hooky, so maybe Hooky is joining the boys again? anyway- let fly any info
      you may have. :)
    • Simon Jones
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 24, 2005
        Andy Page is heading to Swansea for a few weeks to work with the boys...

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 24, 2005
          This is worth having a look at, it's a recent interview for
          InTheMix.com and may answer a few questions:

          http://www.inthemix.com.au/chat/inthespotlight/archives/23050/

          For the last few months the boys have been juggling a lot of filmscore
          work (76 minutes of Catacombs soundtrack was completed recently)
          inbetween dj'ing and also working on the 3rd album.

          Have patience with the 3rd album :) So far, the boys are saying that
          this will have more of a 'Wide Angle' epic sound. You can be sure
          they've teamed up with a few old and new work partners for
          this...(such as the guys from Porno For Pyros).

          Myself and Ally will give you more details - once we have news to give.

          Cheers

          :)

          Nick

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Trent. S" <reallyknowyourenemy@y...>
          wrote:

          > What really is happening, album/music wise with Hybrid right now??
          we have had teeny
          > tiny samples of what to expect from the boys, but when? what'll it
          be like? who's new in
          > the band? whats it's title (that I think we would all love to know!)
          if anybody has any
          > smidget of spoiler info of Hybrid next outing, please enlighten the
          other hybridites, I
          > know one thing (although I think I have said a billion times already
          most likely) is that
          > Hybrid are doing some with work with vocalist/rocker Perry o'neil
          (at least I think thats his
          > name) and a very talented guitarist who states on his own website
          having done a track
          > with them and Hooky, so maybe Hooky is joining the boys again?
          anyway- let fly any info
          > you may have. :)

        • chrismix50
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 24, 2005
            Thats really intresting...Serpent was just stuck in my head.

            Andy Page is probably one of the better breaks producers out there,
            but he gets a lot less press than he should.

            Glad to know Hybrid is going to utilize him for the new CD. :)

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <whizz@u...> wrote:

            > Andy Page is heading to Swansea for a few weeks to work with the
            boys...

            Behalf
            > Of Trent. S
            > Sent: 24 November 2005 04:00
            > To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [Hybrid] updates updates...
            >
            > What really is happening, album/music wise with Hybrid right now??
            we have
            > had teeny tiny samples of what to expect from the boys, but when?
            what'll it
            > be like? who's new in the band? whats it's title (that I think we
            would all
            > love to know!) if anybody has any smidget of spoiler info of Hybrid next
            > outing, please enlighten the other hybridites, I know one thing
            (although I
            > think I have said a billion times already most likely) is that
            Hybrid are
            > doing some with work with vocalist/rocker Perry o'neil (at least I think
            > thats his
            > name) and a very talented guitarist who states on his own website
            having
            > done a track with them and Hooky, so maybe Hooky is joining the boys
            again?
            > anyway- let fly any info you may have. :)

          • Alan Duval
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 24, 2005
              He's likely to get more (press, that is) with the much anticipated
              release of his debut artist album!

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 24, 2005
                Its his choice that he gets little press, he admits himself openly hes not the most pr minded person and doesn't like to be interviewed that much.

                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 25, 2005
                  The man is a musical genuis. As far as i'm concerned he really pushes
                  the boundaries when it comes to production. He's created some truly
                  mind-bending tracks on his own (e.g 'Mr Rush' or 'Skin Up' - a particular fave of mine) and in various other projects (such as his work with Danny Bonnici). I guess BT owes some of his success to Andy too, what with some major involvement on the Movement In Still Life album.

                  I'm a big fan. I'd love to see him perform in the UK at some stage.

                  :)

                  Nick

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "chrismix50" <richlea@c...> wrote:

                  > Thats really intresting...Serpent was just stuck in my head.
                  >
                  > Andy Page is probably one of the better breaks producers out there,
                  > but he gets a lot less press than he should.
                  >
                  > Glad to know Hybrid is going to utilize him for the new CD. :)
                  >
                  > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Jones" <whizz@u...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Andy Page is heading to Swansea for a few weeks to work with the
                  > boys...

                • Sapna Modi
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 25, 2005
                    whats with that tune.. its really good up until that flipping guitar
                    bit.

                    On 24 Nov 2005, at 18:17, chrismix50 wrote:

                    Thats really intresting...Serpent was just stuck in my head.
                  • Ashraf El-Sayed
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 25, 2005
                      My sentiments exactly.
                      ------------------------------
                      So...you eat music for lunch, do you? Do you shift through
                      10 hours of music a day...even during lectures?
                      ------------------------------

                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 25, 2005
                        Hmmm...

                        I guess it's one of those tracks you either like or you don't.
                        Personally I think it's a real breath of fresh air...something
                        different. It's rather amusing watching the reaction of people who've
                        never heard it before....just around when the guitar riff slides in....:)

                        I like the fact that Andy can create something that's danceable,
                        pretty damn filthy and twisted...yet with quite a fun element to it.

                        Each to their own

                        :)

                        Nick

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 25, 2005
                          I liked the song too, especially the guitar bit. Maybe it's because it is something that you don't normally hear, but at the same time had some work put into it's production.

                          I could think of a million ways that guitar part could sound like garbage, and 100 ways that would be winners.

                          Guess it falls into the love it or hate it region, but either way you
                          have to give him some credit for the idea...unlike any song I have heard before.

                          (And it has an amazing ability to get stuck in your head)

                          -Chris

                          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Bower" <nickbower2000@y...> wrote:

                          Hmmm...

                          I guess it's one of those tracks you either like or you don't. Personally I think it's a real breath of fresh air...something different. It's rather amusing watching the reaction of people who've never heard it before....just around when the guitar riff slides
                          in....:)

                          I like the fact that Andy can create something that's danceable, pretty damn filthy and twisted...yet with quite a fun element to it.

                          Each to their own

                          :)

                          Nick
                        • Trent Saunders
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 27, 2005
                            Andy page is a legend, I can remember hearing 'Lydian and the dinosaur' about 5 years ago at the turn of the millenium, a track he did with Phil K (under the hi-fi bugs alias)- it just blew me away, and it was so easy to tell the bits of the track Andy had produced, all the whacked out distorted synths and bleepy stutters. great stuff.
                          • ally @ hybrid-group.com
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 28, 2005
                              Mike and Chris are hoping to finish the album by the end of this
                              year. Not sure what the release date will be yet.

                              Ally