DJ Set - H-Town

  • dishingpump3
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2005
      Just got back to Austin from Houston. Mike and Chris played a wicked 2 hour set on
      Friday night, probably the best of the three I've attended. The setting was a little strange,
      the DJ tables in some sort of VIP room with a large opening. Only about 3 or so people
      could stand up front at any given time.

      Nevertheless, I got the boys to sign my Y4K cover, and I quickly chatted with Mike, who's
      all-around one of the nicest guys I've ever met. During the show, Mike asked me a
      question about my Kodo shirt, but I think I mistook him pointing at the Y4K booklet in my
      hands! I asked him to sign it w/o ackowledging his comment. Sorry Mike :-) It was kinda
      noisy in there.

      I also shook his hand after the show and asked him about Sleepwalking, which they
      dropped early on. He said some have mentioned their distaste for it, but that it will likely
      appear on LP3. I proceeded to give him my thumbs up for the track, which I can't wait to
      get my hands on.

      As for the set, I didn't recognize a whole lot, but they did spin Sleepwalking, Gravastar (or
      some sort of slight variation, couldn't really tell), and most notably, their brilliant "Break
      Me Gently" remix. Goddamn, what a superb track. To close things, Mike spun a new
      remix of The Killers' "Mr. Brightside", which I hadn't heard before.

      All in all, a terrific night. Thanks guys. You truly are a blessing to my ears.

      Tag