Alanis Morissette - Your House (Naughty Mix)

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 27, 2005
      I have posted this a couple of times b4 and have had no reply.

      Please could someone respond if they know

      Does anyone know of/have this mix?

      Is it better than the Forgive Me mix? (which is superb!!)

      Thanks in advance, Ben
    • Drew Ressler
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 27, 2005
        In my best guess, there is just that one version, and Naughty Mix is just a mislabeled forgive me mix...I'm still trying to figure
        it out myself.

        Drew Ressler
        http://www.rukes.com/

      • Ben Abrams
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 28, 2005
          Quite possibly but can't work out how it got to joint 24th on the
          Hybrid Remix vote when no one seems to have heard it, let alone
          actually own a copy. very strange

          Cheers anyway Drew, will let you all know if I hear anything

          Heres an idea for a vote:

          Most illusive Hybrid Remix

          1. Your House - (Naughty Mix)
          2. Love In Traffic
          3. ..........

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Drew Ressler" <rukes@o...> wrote:
          > In my best guess, there is just that one version, and Naughty Mix
          is just a mislabeled forgive me mix...I'm still trying to figure
          > it out myself.
          >
          > Drew Ressler
          > http://www.rukes.com/

        • David Nichols
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 28, 2005
            Hi

            My theory is that these both form the same mix that I think we are all familiar with. You will recognise that the mix is comprised of two distinct elements based on the vocal samples being used. I believe that the 'Naughty Mix' is the first half where she is entering the house when she shouldn't and the 'Forgive Me Mix' (my favourite of the 2) is the second half where the tune/breaks change and she asks for forgiveness.

            Don't know what you all think but I don't suppose we will ever know for sure until we get word from Mike/Chris...

            Cheers
            David
          • chrismix50
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 28, 2005
              Perhaps this would be a good question for the web chat on Oct. 5th :)

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 28, 2005
                I agree with this. I think Hybrid themselves call the remix just "Forgive Me Mix".

                Drew Ressler
                http://www.rukes.com/

              • Ben Abrams
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 29, 2005
                  Thats seems to make sense... cheers David.. must say that I prefer the Forgive Me element of the mix myself.

                  Interesting that the vinyl used on the James Warren mix set (which was quality... thanks James) had exactly the same pops, cracks etc as the copy I had...

                  Where was Name of The Game in the official top ten? What a remix!! Quite surprised 'Take A Picture' got into the top ten above Loud'n'Proud, Name of The Game, Glow etc etc

                  Anyway I'll stop chuntering.... lo Chris!

                  Ben (HybridY4K)

                  wrote:
                  My theory is that these both form the same mix that I think we are all familiar with. You will recognise that the mix is comprised of two distinct elements based on the vocal samples being used. I believe that the 'Naughty Mix' is the first half where she is entering the house when she shouldn't and the 'Forgive Me Mix' (my favourite of the 2) is the second half where the tune/breaks change and she asks for forgiveness.

                  Don't know what you all think but I don't suppose we will ever know for sure until we get word from Mike/Chris...

                  Cheers
                  David
                • RICHARD LUND
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 29, 2005
                    I'm pretty sure everyone's copy has pops & cracks in it .. Considering the 12" was a bootleg release , that most of us must have , I think the original had those pops & cracks in it also ... I sure know my copy does ... And if you listen to the version on the Hybrid - Ministry of Sound Set that versions cracks & pops too .... hmmm .... more interesting questions for the web chat?

                    RICK
                    GLITCH

                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 30, 2005
                        The original does not have pops and cracks. Pops and cracks = vinyl :)

                        Drew Ressler
                        http://www.rukes.com/

                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 1, 2005
                          Oh no...

                          Not trying to be sarcastic at all... sorry if it came off that way. I was just saying that it seems as though everyone's copy (whether it be 12" or mp3) has those crackles in it, which I'm guessing came from the original.

                          Sorry if it came off wrong.

                          Nothing wrong with a little Hybrid chat.

                          Sorry

                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 2, 2005
                              Hey Rick,

                              don't worry about it mate... I was just a bit tetchy after going
                              cold turkey on the ciggies and got the wrong end of the stick.. my
                              apologies