Re: Mike Truman Clone Spotting in Boston MA

  • Nick Bower
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 18, 2005
      hehe...there must be something about public transport and Mike
      look-a-likeees. For several years down in London I used to catch a
      train into the city and had to do double takes on a daily basis. There
      was one chap who was the absolute spit of Mike. Kept me amused i can
      tell ya!

      :)

      Nick

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Nordicwarcry <celticslang@y...> wrote:
      > Hello All...
      >
      > Brad Anderson here in Boston, MA, USA. Hybrid have
      > played live here and DJed a few times over the past
      > few years and this morning I spotted a Mike Truman
      > clone on our publich underground transit system called
      > the "T".
      >
      > The physical likeness, frame, and especially the face
      > was uncanny and Mike Truman, but not. It was
      > remarkable to see that two people genetically
      > unrelated other than being human beings would have
      > such a physical resemblence to one another....
    • zem_the_mattress
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 18, 2005
        Thanks again James!!!

        Or is it Dr. James? Downloaded it yesterday and was the soundtrack to my graveyard
        shift. Thoroughly enjoyable iPod candy. Please let us know when the Paypal is sorted.
        And, just so everyone knows, DJ James Warren is on Myspace now!! Bring on the
        hotties.....

        Keep Dancing Everyone

        Dave
      • James Warren
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 18, 2005
          Thanks for the kind words one and all. Glad you like it.

          Yes, it is Dr James (PhD in politics). Somebody else had the jameswarren
          suffix on myspace so I had to use something else. Feel free to add me to
          your friends list (males and females alike!)

          PayPal is now up and running properly. Thanks to those who have and have
          tried to donate. I really do appreciate it.

          I'll be working on new projects in the near future so watch my spaces...

          Cheers,

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 30, 2005
            After the 'radiohead remix - the grey area remix of I'm still awake

            Just in case you want to do a hybrid remixes vs remixes of hybrid ;)

            Wicked compo though, even thought they both are very much the same? (did I miss something?)

            Btw: Should I be at Fabric again soon? :D

            /Magnus

            [[[Moderator (Alan) says: Magnus (and any who missed it), the shorter mix is merely an edited, and thus CD-friendly, version of the longer.]]]

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 31, 2005
              One is cd friendly (78mins), the other isn't (85mins).

              >Wicked compo though, even thought they both are very much the same?
              >(did I miss something?)
            • Master Shinobi
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 31, 2005
                On 8/31/05, James Warren <james@...> wrote:
                > One is cd friendly (78mins), the other isn't (85mins).

                Whenever I buy DVD (and CD) burners, I always check the reviews first
                to make sure that the drive is competent at burning 90 and 99 minute
                CDs. I bought some 99 minute CDs a couple years ago and use them from
                time to time. Not many burners are great at burning them, but most
                players seem to handle them allright. So 85 minutes is a piece of
                cake :)
              • Ben Abrams
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 27, 2005
                  Damn it!! Anyone still got the Cd friendly version of James' mix
                  they could send me please. Only just got broadband and it has been
                  removed

                  Thanks in advance, Ben (please send to ben_abrams 'at' hotmail.com)

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "s_lobo_2" <simonl@o...> wrote:
                  > Downloading as we speak, looking forward to listening to a RAAPB 2,
                  > even if it's not an official one.
                  >
                  > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "James Warren" <james@w...> wrote:
                  > > After the results of the HybridUK remix poll, I asked Ally
                  whether
                  > it would
                  > > be worth doing a mix of the top 10 (11 as it turned out). She,
                  Andy

                  http://www.mixdepot.net/JamesWarren/HybridUKRemixAdditionalProduction8

                  http://www.mixdepot.net/JamesWarren/HybridUKRemixAdditionalProduction7
                  > 840
                  > >

                  > > [[[ Moderator (Nick) says: Nice one James. You've obviously put a
                  > lot of time and effort into creating these mixes. Go and have a
                  > listen, people!]]]
                • Andy Grundman
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 27, 2005
                    Ben Abrams wrote:
                    > Damn it!! Anyone still got the Cd friendly version of James' mix
                    > they could send me please. Only just got broadband and it has been
                    > removed
                    >
                    > Thanks in advance, Ben (please send to ben_abrams 'at' hotmail.com)

                    It's still available. :)

                    http://www.mixdepot.net/JamesWarren/HybridUKRemixAdditionalProduction7840

                    -Andy
                  • Nathan
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 27, 2005
                      I concur with my fellow Hybrid enthusiast below. Does anyone have
                      James' CD friendly (MP3 will do, but CD is preferrable) version.
                      Please please send it to me at magically818-portfolios 'at' yahoo.com.
                      You will be my hero for the day.
                      Thank you. - Nathan

                    • ryan_kabir
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 27, 2005
                        seek and ye will find

> [...]

                        > > haven't
                        > > > learnt to count properly yet ;) Both will be up for the
                        > foreseeable
                        > > future
                        > > > but 1 will have to be deleted when I need the space. I'll keep
                        > you
                        > > posted
                        > > > when.
                        > > >

                        > > > I hope you like it.
                        > > >

                        > > > James
                        > > >

                        > > > CD unfriendly @ 85.31
                        > > >

                        > http://www.mixdepot.net/JamesWarren/HybridUKRemixAdditionalProduction8
                        > > 531
                        > > >

                        > > > CD friendly @ 78.40
                        > > >

                        > http://www.mixdepot.net/JamesWarren/HybridUKRemixAdditionalProduction7
                        > > 840
                        > > >

                        > > > [[[ Moderator (Nick) says: Nice one James. You've obviously put a
                        > > lot of time and effort into creating these mixes. Go and have a
                      • James Warren
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 29, 2005
                          As pointed out, Mixdepot still hosts both versions. One version will be
                          going in the not too distant future as I'm starting work on some new stuff
                          and will need the hosting room. However, as Andy kindly donated the space
                          for one mix, I will be keeping one version up permanently.

                          I'll try and give as much warning as poss but, given the mother of all new
                          computer hassles, it's taking me far longer than it should do to get
                          anything new done. The cd friendly version will probable be the one to go
                          (leaving the more 'complete' longer mix, unless anyone has any strong
                          objections either way).

                          As for my version of 'Your House' on the mix, I'm afraid to say it was one
                          of the originals I couldn't get hold of. I did eventually find someone with
                          it but, unsurprisingly, he was unwilling to part with it. I spent a few
                          weeks searching ebay but to no avail. Thus, I used the same mp3 you've
                          probably all got ;)

                          Cheers,

                          James

> [...]

                          > > haven't
                          > > > learnt to count properly yet ;) Both will be up for the
                          > foreseeable
                          > > future
                          > > > but 1 will have to be deleted when I need the space. I'll keep
                          > you
                          > > posted
                          > > > when.
                          > > >

                          > > > I hope you like it.
                          > > >

                          > > > James
                          > > >

                          > > > CD unfriendly @ 85.31

                          http://www.mixdepot.net/JamesWarren/HybridUKRemixAdditionalProduction8
                          > > 531
                          > > >

                          > > > CD friendly @ 78.40

                          http://www.mixdepot.net/JamesWarren/HybridUKRemixAdditionalProduction7
                          > > 840
                          > > >

                          > > > [[[ Moderator (Nick) says: Nice one James. You've obviously put
                          > > lot of time and effort into creating these mixes. Go and have a

                          Yahoo! Groups Links