Re: Catacombs Movie Score

  • Nick Bower
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 18, 2005
      How bizarre, you post your message literally minutes before I announce
      the same thing...!?!

      :)

      Nick

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Satanovsky"
      <nineinchfoo@y...> wrote:
      > I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but Hybrid are scoring
      Catacombs, to be released in 2006. It looks like they have full
      production control this time, unlike Domino.

      > The movie will be directed by Tomm Coker (who is a comic book
      artist) and David Elliot (who co-wrote the recently released film Four
      Brothers).

      > Here's the premise:
      > On her first trip to Paris, a young woman hits a party in the
      Catacombs, the 200-mile labyrinth of limestone tunnels under the city
      that's lined with the remains of 7 million people. Separated from her
      friends, she becomes convinced that someone or something is chasing her.

      > Exciting! :)
    • moose_pig
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 18, 2005
        <nineinchfoo@y...> wrote:
        > Here's the premise:
        > On her first trip to Paris, a young woman hits a party in the
        Catacombs, the 200-mile labyrinth of limestone tunnels under the city
        that's lined with the remains of 7 million people. Separated from her
        friends, she becomes convinced that someone or something is chasing her.

        Sounds very much like 'The Descent' !

        Bod
      • hoojchoon420
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 18, 2005
          Oh man I can't wait for this! Thrillers and horror type movies are my
          favs, and take a guess at which musicians I adore.

          This kinda reminds me of when Trent Reznor was hired to do the ambient
          sounds and score for QuakeII. You just know Hybrid will bring it. I
          hope the movie doesn't get swallowed up in the popular crap titles
          that the US market promotes.

          Congrats to Hybrid!

          BTW sorry for my username but I created it in my old days of being a
          youngster.

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "moose_pig" <bodidily@g...> wrote:
          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Satanovsky"
          > <nineinchfoo@y...> wrote:
          > > Here's the premise:
          > > On her first trip to Paris, a young woman hits a party in the
          > Catacombs, the 200-mile labyrinth of limestone tunnels under the city
          > that's lined with the remains of 7 million people. Separated from her
          > friends, she becomes convinced that someone or something is chasing her.
          >
          > Sounds very much like 'The Descent' !
          >
          > Bod
        • Andy Grundman
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 18, 2005
            hoojchoon420 wrote:
            > Oh man I can't wait for this! Thrillers and horror type movies are my
            > favs, and take a guess at which musicians I adore.
            >
            > This kinda reminds me of when Trent Reznor was hired to do the ambient
            > sounds and score for QuakeII.

            I think Trent did the music for Quake 1 (old school!) and it was
            booooring. But it was meant to be creepy ambient background music so I
            guess that was OK. :) Quake 2 had much better music, done by Sonic
            Mayhem I believe.

            -Andy
          • Drew Ressler
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 18, 2005
              Actually, Trent just did Quake 1.

              My friend Sascha from Toksin (www.toksin.com) did Quake 2 and Quake 3.

              Drew Ressler
              http://photo.rukes.com/

            • Anton
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 19, 2005
                Yeah i recall one of the coolest things about Quake1 was the fact
                that the ammo crates holding nails for the nailgun had a big NIN
                sign on them :)