Re: Hybrid Unofficial Site

  • Vince H.
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 29, 1999
      >>I have quite a few, if anybody would be
      >>interested in some of the mp3's, I'd be glad to oblige.

      >Yes please!!!!!!!!

      >What's the best way of getting them from you? A mate e-mailed me quite a
      few the other say and they came out fine - >not sure about your mail
      connection though...?

      My email server has a pretty strict limit, but maybe I can get one to you by
      dividing it up. Not the best method, but one of the few right now. I will
      soon have access to an FTP server that I can upload them to.

      >don't have an mp3 of it, but would be
      >willing to encode it, if anyone's interested.

      I'll try getting around to that before long!

      >>> Has anyone on this list had any contact with the
      >> >band themselves?

      >When I went to Creamfields, I met several people who knew the band...they
      weren't joking either - Hybrid were >soeaking with them, right next to me. I
      was too busy gawping to say anything! Doh!!

      hehe, maybe next time! ;)

      Vince H.
    • Vince H.
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 29, 1999
        > From: Stuart Bruce <music@...>
        >
        > On Wed 29 Sep, ally@... wrote:
        > > > For anybody who likes Hybrid, I highly recommend Way out West.
        > >
        > > Yeah - they've done some good stuff - I like their remix of 'If I
        > > Survive' too.
        >
        > My favourite of their remixes is their Faithless "Salva Mea" remix. I
        > was also well impressed by the Lost Witness "Happiness Happening" one,
        > and from some time ago their remix of "Stars" by Dubstar is a must-hear
        > (but in quite a different style to their more recent mixes).

        All this talk about WOW is encouraging me to start up my own mailing list.
        ;) Other good remixes include Roni Size's "Share The Fall," JX's "There's
        Nothing I Won't Do," Joi's "Asian Vibes," and Dubstar's "Not So Manic Now."
        On the latter they made one of the finest acid lines my ears have yet to
        behold. ;)

        > > I think it's time for a trip down to HMV tomorrow to purchase the
        > > album (along with Le ftfield's).
        >
        > Only Virgin have a copy in York, and I was planning to buy that for my
        > birthday on Saturday, unless you get it first... <grin>.

        I was in London last month and the Tower Records in Soho had one, so there's
        more to go around. It's a real shame the stores refuse to carry more than
        one copy, but I guess the demand warrants that. I'm glad to hear you 2 are
        going to give WOW a try.

        > Leftfield's album is quite good, but the reviews that explained that
        > it's a deep & moody album rather than a massive & anthemic 'comeback
        > album' were all correct.

        Yes, I keep hearing the claim that it's NOT "Leftism 2," which is a shame,
        because I really enjoyed that album. However, I'm glad to hear they're
        evolving and branching out, and trying to do something innovative. However,
        Africa Shox reminds me of some electro breaks I've heard in the
        past.....well, everything'd derivative, of course, so I guess something like
        that can only be expected. I will get the album eventually....the funds
        don't currently allow it.

        > Stuart.

        Vince H.