Lost Hybrid Mixes

  • RICHARD LUND
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2005
      As for finding the Hybrid Mixes on the polls .. you can find about 99% of
      them on CD or 12" if you look hard enough ... try Ebay , GEMM , Amazon.co.jp
      ..etc....

      Now back to my topic ..

      I hear about Hybrid Mixes every once in a while through various sources
      ...But there's alot of mixes , productions that I still have yet to find ...
      Or hear about anymore ... So any info on the following tracks would be
      greatly appreciated ...

      1.) Hybrid & Perry Farrel project ... is this in the works still ???

      2.) Hybrid's Rap Project ... I think they mentioned doing this right after
      Morning SciFi came out but then nothing ...

      3.) Philip Bailey - Steppin Through Time - Hybrid Mix .... supposedly a
      limited promo 12" released on AVEX ...I have yet to run into a copy .. I
      keep finding the Baffled Remixes and thats it ... Anyone ever even heard
      this mix ... Supposedly its the inspiration for a song on Wide Angle ..

      4.) Hybrid - Cascade .... yeah Ive heard the sample ... but what ever
      happened to the full track ... there had to be more ...

      5.) J-Me - Sim on Pure .... I had to put this in here just to see Nick tell
      me Ill never get my hands on this ... and hes more than likely right ... But
      Ill keep trying ..

      6.) Hybrid - RAAPB2 .... I think the release date for this was sometime last
      year ... ummmm .... so what ever happened to this ... Y4k came out ... but
      no RAAPB ... did the idea get scrapped ??

      7.) Hybrid - Mr. Smith .... not sure where I heard about this one ... might
      have been this list ...

      8.) Hybrid - Kingdom of Heaven Score ... so when you look at the credits on
      the CD there is no mention of Hybrid or Truman ... anyone know what they
      actually did with this ??.. was it just score cues in the movie ...

      9.) Hybrid - Higher than a Skyscraper - Demo Mix ...

      10.) Hybrid - Sleepwalking .... so they played this in 1 set and that was it
      ... no release no nothing ... is it a track on the new album ??

      11.) Hybrid - Domino Score ... in the works ??.. I havent even heard
      anything more about the movie even coming out ...

      12.) Hanz Zimmer - Dear Clarice - Hybrid Mix ... think Mike mentioned this
      in an interview that he was working on this ...

      13.) 3 Wise Monkeys - Work 4 Love - Troy Sands Remix .... Rukes knows what
      Im talking about on this one ... for those who dont know 3 Wise Monkeys was
      a name Hybrid went under for a couple of tracks ... this was a hard to find
      remix ...

      14.) Soulwax - E-Talking - Hybrid Mix .... so Ive heard a few mentions about
      this lately ... is it true ? ... just a rumor ??.

      Ok thats enough for now ...

      Im my opinion the best remix should have been Alanis - Forgive Me - Hybrid
      Mix ... followed closey by So Pure , Radiohead , Ayumi Hamasaki , ELT ,
      Fresh Prince , etc ... but thats just my opinion ... the REM Remix never
      really impressed me ... then released as the Blackout Y4k Remix just spoiled
      it for me ...

      Ok back to lurking ..

      Rick

      aka Hybridian
    • nickbower2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
        Right Richard, i'll fill you in with the info i've got...

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "RICHARD LUND" <_schwa_@m...> wrote:

        > 1.) Hybrid & Perry Farrel project ... is this in the works still ???

        Yep, very much so. Hybrid have worked on Perry Farrel's 'Satellite
        Party' project with Peter Hook. Farrel's ex Porno For Pyro's bandmate
        - Peter DiStefano has also has written material and played guitar for
        the new Hybrid album too. Watch this space as they say!!!

        > 2.) Hybrid's Rap Project ... I think they mentioned doing this right
        after
        > Morning SciFi came out but then nothing ...

        Again, still on the radar. I know its something that Mike and Chris
        would dearly love to release as soon as they could...Just the small
        matter of getting a new album - and a billion and one other projects -
        out of the way ;)

        > 4.) Hybrid - Cascade .... yeah Ive heard the sample ... but what
        ever happened to the full track ... there had to be more ...

        I'll let Mike tell you himself, shall I?!:

        "Interesting one. Well, the last year we've been doing lots of bits
        for movie trailers, adverts and scores, so that track came about
        because of an ad we pitched for. We've actually got about 20 little
        tracks floating about which may make it on to the new LP in some way
        shape or form.

        Cascade was a downtempo experiment and a full 4 minute version exists
        but was never really finished off so it hasn't seen the light of day.
        We'd love to be able to give everyone access to these snippets so
        perhaps we should speak to Distinctive and see if we can bundle
        them on the site. They're all a bit shakey here and there because
        they're all work in progress, but we would love to make them available
        as long as the understanding is that they're not entirely finished".

        > 5.) J-Me - Sim on Pure .... I had to put this in here just to see
        Nick tell me Ill never get my hands on this ... and hes more than
        likely right ... But Ill keep trying ..

        And i'll keep telling you the same thing i'm afraid, Richard! (I used
        to share a house with J-Me, that's why I can be pretty confident as
        he's told me all about it!) lol. This was *never* released. As far as
        I am aware it never got into the public domain either. I'm not even
        sure Mike or Chris hold a copy.

        > 6.) Hybrid - RAAPB2 .... I think the release date for this was
        sometime last
        > year ... ummmm .... so what ever happened to this ... Y4k came out
        ... but
        > no RAAPB ... did the idea get scrapped ??

        Again, here's Mike for the official word:

        "RAAP 2 is certainly not dead in the water by the way, we're just
        taking our time compiling
        some new mixes that no-one will be expecting, we've just got the small
        matter of LP3 to finish first..."

        11.) Hybrid - Domino Score ... in the works ??.. I havent even heard
        > anything more about the movie even coming out ...

        Yes, this is definitely coming out, Richard. I've been wowed by some
        of the work that's been done so far. Its looking -and sounding -
        really great. Slick, stylish and i'm certain it'll do really well at
        the box offices.

        > 12.) Hanz Zimmer - Dear Clarice - Hybrid Mix ... think Mike
        mentioned this in an interview that he was working on this ...

        No news on this i'm afraid, but I'm sure it's still being worked on

        Mike again:

        "We're working on a mix of Dear Clarice by Hanz Zimmer from the
        Hannibal score, really beautiful but dark choirs and a killer bassline."

        Hope this helps, Richard.

        :)

        Nick
      • Ben Abrams
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2005
          I dont know a lot but I know that the remix for Philip
          Baileys 'Steppin Through Time' was the inspiration for 'I Know' on
          Wide Angle.

          I think that the Soulwax remix does exist. Not heard it but seen it
          lurking on a playlist for some digital radio show a couple of months
          back.