  • pinyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2005
      it's a small plaintext file that works sort of like an index for (usually) long soundfiles.

      for example, an hour-long mix can exist as one mp3 (or wav).
      with the accompanying cue file, and a compatible player like winamp or foobar, you'll be able to see individual tracknames, and be able to skip to "trackmarks" within the mix.

      useful if the mix is really long (heheh), or if you cant find a chance to listen to the whole mix in one sitting, or if you want to know the title of the track that's currently playing.

      cue files can also be used to insert trackmarks when burning a single long file to CD.

      i'd make the cue file, but i dont recognise many of the tracks, and cant figure out many of the trackmarks.....

      At 00:40 10/06/2005, R-Freshhhhhhh hh h .. .. . .. wrote:
      What's a CUE file?