[Hybrid] Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong

  • Chaz Schlueter
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 8, 2005
      FOR ALL THOSE WHO DIDNT UNDERSTAND That was POMPANO...the second P is
      important

      about 2 hours south of O'town
      Chaz

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Tara Drahl" <divadasmaschina@h...>
      wrote:
      > That's down South, isn't it? I'm in Orlando...
      >
      > >From: "Francine Chokanis" <fchokanis@p...>
      > >To: <HybridUK@yahoogroups.com>
      > >Subject: RE: [Hybrid] Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong
      > >Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:15:31 -0400
      > >
      > >It is playing in Pomano, florida!!!

    • Francine Chokanis
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 8, 2005
        Yes..its in Pompano Beach , Florida...just south of Boca..I havent gone
        yet though

        That's down South, isn't it? I'm in Orlando...

        >From: "Francine Chokanis" <fchokanis@...>
        >To: <HybridUK@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: RE: [Hybrid] Re: It's All Gone Pete Tong
        >Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:15:31 -0400
        >
        >It is playing in Pomano, florida!!!

      • Drew Ressler
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 8, 2005
          Don't even know if many SoCal people are on here...anyone going?

          Drew Ressler
          http://photo.rukes.com/
        • CPfaff17@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 9, 2005
            i saw that its playing at the gateway theater on sunrise blvd and federal
            highway in fort lauderdale, fl.
            not on my list of movies to see though......
          • EvilAlivE@aol.com
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 9, 2005
              In a message dated 6/9/2005 7:34:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              chazsch@... writes:

              That was POMPANO

              yes, pompano beach.. the city of pompton... that's where i dwell.. where si
              it playing?
            • Tara Drahl
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 9, 2005
                Hehe. Thanks. Don't know if I'll get down there...

                >Yes..its in Pompano Beach , Florida...just south of Boca..I havent gone
                >yet though

              • brothajames455
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 9, 2005
                  I'm trying to go. Have to figure out what time I'll be getting into L.A. that night. Of course
                  they become residents at Avalon AFTER I move to SLO! What luck...

                  Ian Joyce

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Drew Ressler" <rukes@o...> wrote:
                  > Don't even know if many SoCal people are on here...anyone going?
                  >
                  > Drew Ressler
                  > http://photo.rukes.com/
                • zem_the_mattress
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 10, 2005
                    Been faithfully trekking from SF for every Hybrid date thus far, but we can't do it this
                    time.... Surely will be a rockin night - I eagerly anticipate your pics. Can you inquire if the
                    boys will be playing LoveParade this year?

                    Dave

                    My condolences to Ally's (extended) family - know that you have alot of love around here!!

                    --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Drew Ressler" <rukes@o...> wrote:
                    > Don't even know if many SoCal people are on here...anyone going?
                    >
                    > Drew Ressler
                    > http://photo.rukes.com/
                  • Drew Ressler
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                      Saturday night was really great, lots of stuff happened :)

                      I bought my friends Toksin along to introduce to Hybrid, and they hit it off extremely well.

                      I made a demo CD of all 7 released remixes listed on www.toksin.com and gave it to them just as they came on. Within 20 minutes,
                      they already put one of the songs into thier set, the Toksin remix of "Communicate". Pretty damn amazing to hear it being played at
                      Avalon. They even said they wanted to play a second song from the CD, but they got pushed off the stage earlier than expected (like
                      around 2:20 AM, when they expected 2:30 or 3).

                      Still, a kickass set, as always. Be sure to download the remixes from www.toksin.com, as Hybrid put the demo CD I made for them in
                      thier CD binder with all the other CDs they use in thier live sets...so there is a very good chance a remix or two will be played at
                      various upcoming performances...and I wouldn't mind if some trainspotters can let me know if anything gets played :)

                      Here are the pics:

                      http://photo.rukes.com/avalon7/avalon7.html

                      And the full story from that night can be found here:

                      http://p199.ezboard.com/fthebtnetworkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=1699.topic

                      Drew Ressler
                      http://photo.rukes.com/
                    • James Warren
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                        I have to say I'm a fan of Toksin. They mixes are extremely high quality.
                        And they very kindly gave me permission to use their Destiny's Child remix
                        in my last mix. Superb stuff. The BT mixes are also extremely good.

                        James

[...]

                        http://p199.ezboard.com/fthebtnetworkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=99.topic

                        Drew Ressler
                        http://photo.rukes.com/
                      • Drew Ressler
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                          Is this mix available anywhere? I would love to hear it...haven't heard that song used yet.

                          Drew Ressler
                          http://photo.rukes.com/

                        • James Warren
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                            I'll let Ally decide if she lets this go.

                            To Drew and anyone else interested, yes it is available.

                            This isn't meant to be shameless publicity, hence my not mentioning it in the first post.

                            It's called 'past (im)perfect future' available at
                            www.mixdepot.net/jameswarren

                            [[[ Note from Ally: I'm more than happy to let through 'own mix' posts from members who contribute to this list. I just get a little stricter when the member is very new or doesn't post. Looking forward to hearing this James :) ]]]

                            >Is this mix available anywhere? I would love to hear it...haven't >heard that
                            >song used yet.
                            >
                            >Drew Ressler
                            >http://photo.rukes.com/
                          • Digital Puppy
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 15, 2005
                              Wow, I'm really glad that you posted this...I was there when they dropped that track and it was absolutely rocking. I had no idea it was Toksin though...in fact I thought it might be one of Hybrids new tracks! The guys\really liked it.

                              Great pictures of the event, BTW!!

                              'DP

                              >Saturday night was really great, lots of stuff happened :)
                              >
                              >I bought my friends Toksin along to introduce to Hybrid, and they >hit it off extremely well.
                              >
                              >I made a demo CD of all 7 released remixes listed on www.toksin.com >and gave it to them just as they came on. Within 20 minutes,
                              >they already put one of the songs into thier set, the Toksin remix >of "Communicate". Pretty damn amazing to hear it being played at
                              >Avalon. They even said they wanted to play a second song from the >CD, but they got pushed off the stage earlier than expected (like
                              >around 2:20 AM, when they expected 2:30 or 3).
                            • Harkin, Andy
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jun 16, 2005
                                I love your mixes James! This one is utter quality :) Thanks for sharing it!

                                6. DJ Love - Flowin (Stabilizer Remix)

                                What a great track, with nice wobbly sounds drifting across the channels at about 30:00 :D Quality.

                                Thanks for sharing !

                                Message 15 of 25 , Jun 16, 2005
                                  Many thanks Ally, much appreciated. I just want people to enjoy the music;
                                  no more, no less. There's so much stuff out there that just gives me a real
                                  buzz.

                                  I have a new mix almost ready to go which includes:
                                  UNKLE - Glow (Hybrid Remix) and some Way Out West. Will let you know when
                                  it's finished and ready for download.

                                  James

                                  >This isn't meant to be shameless publicity, hence my not mentioning >it in the first post.
                                  >
                                  >It's called 'past (im)perfect future' available at
                                  >www.mixdepot.net/jameswarren
                                  >

                                  > [[[ Note from Ally: I'm more than happy to let through 'own mix' >posts from members who contribute to this list. I just get a little >stricter when the member is very new or doesn't post. Looking forward >to hearing this James :) ]]]
                                • Thomas Touzimsky
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jun 17, 2005
                                    Don't know if this has been brought up before, but - Domino Park's
                                    "Danse Maccabre" samples the string part of Hybrid's "I Know". Or at
                                    least they do a pretty good impersionation of it.

                                    ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                                    "My head is spinnin' so my feet don't touch the ground
                                    My eyes is blinded by the light, my hearing deafened by the sound
                                    My body's shackin' like a leaf, my heart's been beatin' out of time
                                    My blood's been boilin' up inside and I've been fearin' for my
                                    life..."
                                  • Drew Ressler
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jun 20, 2005
                                      Here is a sample:

                                      http://www.vivo.u-net.com/mp3/danse1.mp3

                                      Danse Macabre came out in 1998, "I Know" didn't come out until late 1999.

                                      Drew Ressler
                                      http://photo.rukes.com/

                                    • James Warren
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jun 21, 2005
                                        My guess is it's a sample from a film or something similar. Has that feel to
                                        it.

                                        James