Re: Kingdom of Heaven music?

  • Chaz Schlueter
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9, 2005
      whats the track NAME, Andy? When I see it...I will listen for it

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Andy Grundman <andy@h...> wrote:
      > So has anyone seen Kingdom of Heaven yet? It opens today. Did you
      spot
      > any Hybrid music, or is it as low-key as it was in Man On Fire?
      >
      > -Andy
    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2005
        Um, I dont think Hybrid had anything to do with the soundtrack in this
        movie.

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Andy Grundman <andy@h...> wrote:
        > So has anyone seen Kingdom of Heaven yet? It opens today. Did you
        spot
        > any Hybrid music, or is it as low-key as it was in Man On Fire?
        >
        > -Andy
      • Andy Grundman
        Message 3 of 11 , May 10, 2005
          Aaron wrote:
          > Um, I dont think Hybrid had anything to do with the soundtrack in this
          > movie.

          They have worked with Harry G-W before, and mentioned in a radio
          interview that they had done some music for the movie. Whether or not
          it was actually used is another matter.

          -Andy
        • brian elder
          Message 4 of 11 , May 10, 2005
            My OST is in the post,so havent listened to it yet, but didnt they mention that they had done additional production a la Man On Fire. Cant imagine if i survive dropped into the middle of the movie, although seemed to me that trent reznor got more of a look in during man on fire than hybrid did.

            Understanding some but not much of the music process that goes on, the composer of Kingdom is Gregson Williams who supplies the score (who hybrid are working with), but there is also a music supervisor, seperate to the composer, on most films that puts in all the little pop songs and so on (whom Hybrid are not working with), so yeah, Hybrids involvement is probably on the technical side and might be hard to spot by anyone other than the hardcore.

            The next production they are working on is Domino, out in autumn directed by tony scott again and starring keira knightely. On the plus side its written by richard kelly who wrote and directed donnie darko.
          • nickbower2000
            Message 5 of 11 , May 11, 2005
              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "brian elder" <brian.elder1@n...> wrote:

              > The next production they are working on is Domino, out in autumn
              directed by tony scott again and starring keira knightely. On the plus
              side its written by richard kelly who wrote and directed donnie darko.

              As far i'm aware, Hybrid's track on Domino will feature Perry Farrell
              (Jane's Addiction) on vocals and Peter Hook on bass...

              ...sounds good already :)

              Nick
            • Chaz Schlueter
              Message 6 of 11 , May 11, 2005
                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Andy Grundman <andy@h...> wrote:
                > Aaron wrote:
                > > Um, I dont think Hybrid had anything to do with the soundtrack in
                this
                > > movie.
                >
                > They have worked with Harry G-W before, and mentioned in a radio
                > interview that they had done some music for the movie. Whether or not
                > it was actually used is another matter.
                >
                > -Andy

                so there ya have it....
                chaz
              • Chaz Schlueter
                Message 7 of 11 , May 11, 2005
                  didnt Hybrid mention at one point where they wanted to do a remix of
                  Janes Adiction/Perry Ferrel?

                  i am curious if it is a remix, a re-jiggle...or an entirely new track.
                  chaz

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "nickbower2000" <nickbower2000@y...>
                  wrote:
                  > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "brian elder" <brian.elder1@n...>
                  wrote:

                  > > The next production they are working on is Domino, out in autumn
                  > directed by tony scott again and starring keira knightely. On the plus
                  > side its written by richard kelly who wrote and directed donnie darko.
                  >

                  > As far i'm aware, Hybrid's track on Domino will feature Perry Farrell
                  > (Jane's Addiction) on vocals and Peter Hook on bass...
                  >
                  > ...sounds good already :)
                  >
                  > Nick
                • face
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 12, 2005
                    lol. i think perry farrell takes the cake for worst WMC/Ultra DJ ever.
                    and it wasn't just that he was drunk as a monk, either...

                    at least he can sing...

                    --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz Schlueter" <chazsch@b...> wrote:
                    > didnt Hybrid mention at one point where they wanted to do a remix of
                    > Janes Adiction/Perry Ferrel?
                    >
                    > i am curious if it is a remix, a re-jiggle...or an entirely new track.
                    > chaz
                    >
                    > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "nickbower2000" <nickbower2000@y...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "brian elder" <brian.elder1@n...>
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > The next production they are working on is Domino, out in autumn
                    > > directed by tony scott again and starring keira knightely. On the plus
                    > > side its written by richard kelly who wrote and directed donnie darko.
                    > >

                    > > As far i'm aware, Hybrid's track on Domino will feature Perry Farrell
                    > > (Jane's Addiction) on vocals and Peter Hook on bass...
                    > >
                    > > ...sounds good already :)
                    > >
                    > > Nick
                  • Chaz Schlueter
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 13, 2005
                      are you tallking 2004? he was weird. was holdng on to some chick like
                      the had something to prove

                      Chaz

                    • CPfaff17@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 14, 2005
                        junkie xl did a number of the intense fight scenes in that movie, lots of
                        drums, etc. most of the things he has been working on are requested to sound
                        like the trailer he did for hero. its the new thing! so if you see kingdom of
                        heaven, which i havent yet, more of the pretty melodic stuff is harry and all
                        the crazy stuff is tom, plus a few other producers as well. most of the other
                        producers dont get credits at the end, tom didnt. but he should be on domino
                        cause he damn well deserves it. i just got back from a fabulous vacation in
                        l.a., palm springs, vegas and nyc. while in l.a. i got to watch tom work his
                        magic with domino, it looks awesome and he is working on a ton of cues for it,
                        so i think you will all really like it. and it is amazing to see how he does
                        it too, it's all new to me. i like to sit there for hours on the couch and
                        just watch and listen.
                        off to palm springs for coachella, of course! best time ever! tom's set was
                        awesome as per usual, plus i got to see weezer, nine inch nails, coldplay,
                        keane, james lavelle, etc. it was a very good time. went to vegas just for the
                        fun of it. and to nyc for one night, last night actually, to see tom and
                        james lavelle play back to back at crobar. both were great, i especially liked a
                        mix james did of a moby song (lots of piano melodies, cant remember the name)
                        and his own, in a state. has anyone heard it? i hear its a bootleg.
                        anyways, i want it. then we all just sort of jumped around during tom's show, i
                        drank too many vodka redbulls so i was insane, then went to bed when the sun came
                        up.
                        next up, tom will be playing at crobar in miami this friday, the 20th, and
                        house of blues orlando, the following night... for all you floridians. come...
                        have fun!
                        love,