Kingdom of Heaven music?

  • Andy Grundman
    Message 1 of 11 , May 6, 2005
      So has anyone seen Kingdom of Heaven yet? It opens today. Did you spot
      any Hybrid music, or is it as low-key as it was in Man On Fire?

      -Andy
    • Chaz Schlueter
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2005
        whats the track NAME, Andy? When I see it...I will listen for it

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Andy Grundman <andy@h...> wrote:
        > So has anyone seen Kingdom of Heaven yet? It opens today. Did you
        spot
        > any Hybrid music, or is it as low-key as it was in Man On Fire?
        >
        > -Andy
      • Aaron
        Message 3 of 11 , May 9, 2005
          Um, I dont think Hybrid had anything to do with the soundtrack in this
          movie.

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Andy Grundman <andy@h...> wrote:
          > So has anyone seen Kingdom of Heaven yet? It opens today. Did you
          spot
          > any Hybrid music, or is it as low-key as it was in Man On Fire?
          >
          > -Andy
        • Andy Grundman
          Message 4 of 11 , May 10, 2005
            Aaron wrote:
            > Um, I dont think Hybrid had anything to do with the soundtrack in this
            > movie.

            They have worked with Harry G-W before, and mentioned in a radio
            interview that they had done some music for the movie. Whether or not
            it was actually used is another matter.

            -Andy
          • brian elder
            Message 5 of 11 , May 10, 2005
              My OST is in the post,so havent listened to it yet, but didnt they mention that they had done additional production a la Man On Fire. Cant imagine if i survive dropped into the middle of the movie, although seemed to me that trent reznor got more of a look in during man on fire than hybrid did.

              Understanding some but not much of the music process that goes on, the composer of Kingdom is Gregson Williams who supplies the score (who hybrid are working with), but there is also a music supervisor, seperate to the composer, on most films that puts in all the little pop songs and so on (whom Hybrid are not working with), so yeah, Hybrids involvement is probably on the technical side and might be hard to spot by anyone other than the hardcore.

              The next production they are working on is Domino, out in autumn directed by tony scott again and starring keira knightely. On the plus side its written by richard kelly who wrote and directed donnie darko.
            • nickbower2000
              Message 6 of 11 , May 11, 2005
                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "brian elder" <brian.elder1@n...> wrote:

                > The next production they are working on is Domino, out in autumn
                directed by tony scott again and starring keira knightely. On the plus
                side its written by richard kelly who wrote and directed donnie darko.

                As far i'm aware, Hybrid's track on Domino will feature Perry Farrell
                (Jane's Addiction) on vocals and Peter Hook on bass...

                ...sounds good already :)

                Nick
              • Chaz Schlueter
                Message 7 of 11 , May 11, 2005
                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Andy Grundman <andy@h...> wrote:
                  > Aaron wrote:
                  > > Um, I dont think Hybrid had anything to do with the soundtrack in
                  this
                  > > movie.
                  >
                  > They have worked with Harry G-W before, and mentioned in a radio
                  > interview that they had done some music for the movie. Whether or not
                  > it was actually used is another matter.
                  >
                  > -Andy

                  so there ya have it....
                  chaz
                • Chaz Schlueter
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 11, 2005
                    didnt Hybrid mention at one point where they wanted to do a remix of
                    Janes Adiction/Perry Ferrel?

                    i am curious if it is a remix, a re-jiggle...or an entirely new track.
                    chaz

                    --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "nickbower2000" <nickbower2000@y...>
                    wrote:
                    > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "brian elder" <brian.elder1@n...>
                    wrote:

                    > > The next production they are working on is Domino, out in autumn
                    > directed by tony scott again and starring keira knightely. On the plus
                    > side its written by richard kelly who wrote and directed donnie darko.
                    >

                    > As far i'm aware, Hybrid's track on Domino will feature Perry Farrell
                    > (Jane's Addiction) on vocals and Peter Hook on bass...
                    >
                    > ...sounds good already :)
                    >
                    > Nick
                  • face
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 12, 2005
                      lol. i think perry farrell takes the cake for worst WMC/Ultra DJ ever.
                      and it wasn't just that he was drunk as a monk, either...

                      at least he can sing...

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz Schlueter" <chazsch@b...> wrote:
                      > didnt Hybrid mention at one point where they wanted to do a remix of
                      > Janes Adiction/Perry Ferrel?
                      >
                      > i am curious if it is a remix, a re-jiggle...or an entirely new track.
                      > chaz
                      >
                      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "nickbower2000" <nickbower2000@y...>
                      > wrote:
                      > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "brian elder" <brian.elder1@n...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > The next production they are working on is Domino, out in autumn
                      > > directed by tony scott again and starring keira knightely. On the plus
                      > > side its written by richard kelly who wrote and directed donnie darko.
                      > >

                      > > As far i'm aware, Hybrid's track on Domino will feature Perry Farrell
                      > > (Jane's Addiction) on vocals and Peter Hook on bass...
                      > >
                      > > ...sounds good already :)
                      > >
                      > > Nick
                    • Chaz Schlueter
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 13, 2005
                        are you tallking 2004? he was weird. was holdng on to some chick like
                        the had something to prove

                        Chaz

                      • CPfaff17@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 14, 2005
                          junkie xl did a number of the intense fight scenes in that movie, lots of
                          drums, etc. most of the things he has been working on are requested to sound
                          like the trailer he did for hero. its the new thing! so if you see kingdom of
                          heaven, which i havent yet, more of the pretty melodic stuff is harry and all
                          the crazy stuff is tom, plus a few other producers as well. most of the other
                          producers dont get credits at the end, tom didnt. but he should be on domino
                          cause he damn well deserves it. i just got back from a fabulous vacation in
                          l.a., palm springs, vegas and nyc. while in l.a. i got to watch tom work his
                          magic with domino, it looks awesome and he is working on a ton of cues for it,
                          so i think you will all really like it. and it is amazing to see how he does
                          it too, it's all new to me. i like to sit there for hours on the couch and
                          just watch and listen.
                          off to palm springs for coachella, of course! best time ever! tom's set was
                          awesome as per usual, plus i got to see weezer, nine inch nails, coldplay,
                          keane, james lavelle, etc. it was a very good time. went to vegas just for the
                          fun of it. and to nyc for one night, last night actually, to see tom and
                          james lavelle play back to back at crobar. both were great, i especially liked a
                          mix james did of a moby song (lots of piano melodies, cant remember the name)
                          and his own, in a state. has anyone heard it? i hear its a bootleg.
                          anyways, i want it. then we all just sort of jumped around during tom's show, i
                          drank too many vodka redbulls so i was insane, then went to bed when the sun came
                          up.
                          next up, tom will be playing at crobar in miami this friday, the 20th, and
                          house of blues orlando, the following night... for all you floridians. come...
                          have fun!
                          love,