Re: CD on Ebay

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4, 2005
      I reckon he lurks on this group... hes made quite a few sneeky
      changes and it looks like he knows we've got our eyes on him. Well
      spotted Simon.

      This guy has made a tonne on this particular compilation (as well as
      all the other pirate mixes he peddles). I saw one of the so
      called 'Hybrid mix compilations' go for £47 a couple of months back!!

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chilvers, Simon"
      <simon.chilvers@a...> wrote:
      > He's taken the original CD down....
      >
      > But mmmmmm
      >
      > Anyone recognise this??
      >
      > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
      ViewItem&category=h057&item=G23928868&rd==1

    • ally @ hybrid-group.com
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4, 2005
        I've reported it to eBay. Hopefully they'll do something about it.
        I've also sent it to Distinct'ive.

        Ally

        > Anyone recognise this??
        >
        > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
        ViewItem&category=68057&item=4723928868&rd=1

        > [[[ Smaller URL: http://tinyurl.com/8crdk ]]]
        >
        > W4NKER!!!
      • Sapna Modi
        Message 3 of 9 , May 5, 2005
          some b'stard scammed me out of 1,200 for a powerbook on ebay.. ebay are
          STILL in the process of sorting it (hmm 4 months).. not being funny but
          they probs wont do anything about it seeing that its a pretty small
          issue. :(

          anyway whatever i'm going to see jz on a boat next week.. yippee.

          On 4 May 2005, at 15:45, ally @ hybrid-group.com wrote:

          I've reported it to eBay. Hopefully they'll do something about it.
          I've also sent it to Distinct'ive.

          Ally

          > Anyone recognise this??
          >
          > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
          ViewItem&category=68057&item=4723928868&rd=1

          > [[[ Smaller URL: http://tinyurl.com/8crdk ]]]
          >
          > W4NKER!!!
        • chrismix50
          Message 4 of 9 , May 6, 2005
            I reported him to Ebay too. I don't really understand how someone can
            make their living stealing other peoples work and tricking people. Its
            surprisingly there is so little negitive feedback against him. At the
            level hes doing it at he might even be a target for prosecution, but
            still somewhat doubtful.

            PS If the lister is lurking these boards just a heads up for you, the
            Sasha Vs Hybrid, BT Vs Tori Amos, Sasha Vs Phantom Beats, Bedrock -
            Heaven Scent, and BT - Fibonnacci Sequence are not Hybrid productions.

            Must be hard to type "Hybrid" into the search bar in Kazaa....

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@f...>
            wrote:
            > I've reported it to eBay. Hopefully they'll do something about it.
            > I've also sent it to Distinct'ive.
            >
            > Ally
          • Harkin, Andy
            Message 5 of 9 , May 9, 2005
              Hmm..

              Seems he's changed his username from dj_davek to *djdave_k* and now has his feedback private and currently no items for sale. Pffft!

              http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=*djdave_k*

              I wonder if BPI got in touch...

              I wonder if he's on this list....

              > Anyone recognise this??
              >
              > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=68057&item=4723928868&rd=1
              >
              > [[[ Smaller URL: http://tinyurl.com/8crdk ]]]
              >
              > W4NKER!!!
            • Alan Duval
              Message 6 of 9 , May 9, 2005
                Either way 'DJ' clearly stands for Dumb Junkie (or Damn Junkie! Take
                your pick).

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Harkin, Andy" <andy.harkin@c...>
                wrote:

                Seems he's changed his username from dj_davek to *djdave_k*
              • Philip Hallam
                Message 7 of 9 , May 9, 2005
                  Speaking of getting names wrong:
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005Y1YG/qid=15651087/sr==8-14/ref==sr_8_xs_ap_i14_xgl/026-6589038-1057240
                  "Finished Symphony - The Hybirds"

                  and the review says:
                  "I'd say that the best tracks on this album are Smartbomb, Unfinished
                  Symphony..."

                  *sigh* Why can't people just get things right?

                  --
                  phallam ~ the happy guy
                • renegadesoundwaves
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 12, 2005
                    No Fibonnacci Sequence is not a hybrid production, but BT ripped
                    about 5 loops off of other Hybrid Productions in creating the song
                    and that is why BT on some white labels credits Hybrid. Before
                    releasing the song he gave a copy to Hybrid and they didn't have a
                    problem with it. No wonder why I liked that song so much. Subliminal
                    Hybrid.