RE: [Hybrid] Re: CD on Ebay

  • Chilvers, Simon
    Message 1 of 9 , May 4 1:32 AM
      He's taken the original CD down....

      But mmmmmm

      Anyone recognise this??

      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=68057&item=4723928868&rd=1

      [[[ Smaller URL: http://tinyurl.com/8crdk ]]]

      W4NKER!!!

      >I take it we are talking about the now infamous Dj Davek who ripped
      >me off with one of his phoney mix CDs a few months back. I >reported him back then but recieved nil response from Ebay.
      >
      >Form below can be used to report illegal items on Ebay (for what >good it did me)
      >
      >http://pages.ebay.co.uk//help/contact_inline/index.html
    • Ben Abrams
      Message 2 of 9 , May 4 4:58 AM
        I reckon he lurks on this group... hes made quite a few sneeky
        changes and it looks like he knows we've got our eyes on him. Well
        spotted Simon.

        This guy has made a tonne on this particular compilation (as well as
        all the other pirate mixes he peddles). I saw one of the so
        called 'Hybrid mix compilations' go for £47 a couple of months back!!

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chilvers, Simon"
        <simon.chilvers@a...> wrote:
        > He's taken the original CD down....
        >
        > But mmmmmm
        >
        > Anyone recognise this??
        >
        > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
        ViewItem&category=h057&item=G23928868&rd==1

      • ally @ hybrid-group.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4 7:45 AM
          I've reported it to eBay. Hopefully they'll do something about it.
          I've also sent it to Distinct'ive.

          Ally

          > Anyone recognise this??
          >
          > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
          ViewItem&category=68057&item=4723928868&rd=1

          > [[[ Smaller URL: http://tinyurl.com/8crdk ]]]
          >
          > W4NKER!!!
        • Sapna Modi
          Message 4 of 9 , May 5 5:27 AM
            some b'stard scammed me out of 1,200 for a powerbook on ebay.. ebay are
            STILL in the process of sorting it (hmm 4 months).. not being funny but
            they probs wont do anything about it seeing that its a pretty small
            issue. :(

            anyway whatever i'm going to see jz on a boat next week.. yippee.

            On 4 May 2005, at 15:45, ally @ hybrid-group.com wrote:

            I've reported it to eBay. Hopefully they'll do something about it.
            I've also sent it to Distinct'ive.

            Ally

            > Anyone recognise this??
            >
            > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
            ViewItem&category=68057&item=4723928868&rd=1

            > [[[ Smaller URL: http://tinyurl.com/8crdk ]]]
            >
            > W4NKER!!!
          • chrismix50
            Message 5 of 9 , May 6 10:01 PM
              I reported him to Ebay too. I don't really understand how someone can
              make their living stealing other peoples work and tricking people. Its
              surprisingly there is so little negitive feedback against him. At the
              level hes doing it at he might even be a target for prosecution, but
              still somewhat doubtful.

              PS If the lister is lurking these boards just a heads up for you, the
              Sasha Vs Hybrid, BT Vs Tori Amos, Sasha Vs Phantom Beats, Bedrock -
              Heaven Scent, and BT - Fibonnacci Sequence are not Hybrid productions.

              Must be hard to type "Hybrid" into the search bar in Kazaa....

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@f...>
              wrote:
              > I've reported it to eBay. Hopefully they'll do something about it.
              > I've also sent it to Distinct'ive.
              >
              > Ally
            • Harkin, Andy
              Message 6 of 9 , May 9 1:57 AM
                Hmm..

                Seems he's changed his username from dj_davek to *djdave_k* and now has his feedback private and currently no items for sale. Pffft!

                http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=*djdave_k*

                I wonder if BPI got in touch...

                I wonder if he's on this list....

                > Anyone recognise this??
                >
                > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=68057&item=4723928868&rd=1
                >
                > [[[ Smaller URL: http://tinyurl.com/8crdk ]]]
                >
                > W4NKER!!!
              • Alan Duval
                Message 7 of 9 , May 9 7:10 AM
                  Either way 'DJ' clearly stands for Dumb Junkie (or Damn Junkie! Take
                  your pick).

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Harkin, Andy" <andy.harkin@c...>
                  wrote:

                  Seems he's changed his username from dj_davek to *djdave_k*
                • Philip Hallam
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 9 8:06 AM
                    Speaking of getting names wrong:
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005Y1YG/qid=15651087/sr==8-14/ref==sr_8_xs_ap_i14_xgl/026-6589038-1057240
                    "Finished Symphony - The Hybirds"

                    and the review says:
                    "I'd say that the best tracks on this album are Smartbomb, Unfinished
                    Symphony..."

                    *sigh* Why can't people just get things right?

                    --
                    phallam ~ the happy guy
                  • renegadesoundwaves
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 12 1:28 AM
                      No Fibonnacci Sequence is not a hybrid production, but BT ripped
                      about 5 loops off of other Hybrid Productions in creating the song
                      and that is why BT on some white labels credits Hybrid. Before
                      releasing the song he gave a copy to Hybrid and they didn't have a
                      problem with it. No wonder why I liked that song so much. Subliminal
                      Hybrid.