Re: Im new to breaks scene

  • Jason Pullin
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2005
      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "afterhourz" <afterhourz@s...> wrote:
      > Hi People,
      >
      > Im new to breaks scene and was wondering can you put me onto some
      other artist that produce/remix ala Hybrid

      > Thanks

      You really should check out Way Out West. they are my second
      favourite group after Hybrid. Check out their first album "way out
      west" it is amazing. Also, i am really liking sasha right now.
      Getting back into his productions. His album "airdrawn dagger" is
      brilliant but it is a bit of grower.
      good luck in finding the best music around,

      -Jason
    • Thomas Touzimsky
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2005
        > You really should check out Way Out West. they are my second
        > favourite group after Hybrid. Check out their first album "way out
        > west" it is amazing. Also, i am really liking sasha right now.
        > Getting back into his productions. His album "airdrawn dagger" is
        > brilliant but it is a bit of grower.
        > good luck in finding the best music around,

        As you mention Sasha - there are some exclusive tracks on the Wipeout 3
        soundtrack by Sasha, some of them are very break-ish, especially
        "Icaras" (there is one track for each racing team in the game, hence the
        strange names).

        On the breaks topic, you should really check out the NuBreed album. If
        you like diving head first into unknown artists, there even is an
        australian 2CD release with a bonus mix CD, including remixes and some
        earlier tracks which are otherwise unavailable on CD. Not to mention
        that one of the tracks has been co-written by Luke Chable (another
        artist you should check out!).

        ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

        "My head is spinnin' so my feet don't touch the ground
        My eyes is blinded by the light, my hearing deafened by the sound
        My body's shackin' like a leaf, my heart's been beatin' out of time
        My blood's been boilin' up inside and I've been fearin' for my
        life..."
      • Ben Abrams
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2005
          Also worth checking out Involver by Sasha. Another grower. Could
          also suggest UNKLE - both albums are superb.

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Pullin" <potentmonkey@y...>
          wrote:
          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "afterhourz" <afterhourz@s...>
          wrote:
          > > Hi People,
          > >
          > > Im new to breaks scene and was wondering can you put me onto some
          > other artist that produce/remix ala Hybrid
          > >

          > > Thanks
          >
          > You really should check out Way Out West. they are my second
          > favourite group after Hybrid. Check out their first album "way out
          > west" it is amazing. Also, i am really liking sasha right now.
          > Getting back into his productions. His album "airdrawn dagger" is
          > brilliant but it is a bit of grower.
          > good luck in finding the best music around,
          >
          > -Jason
        • Chaz Schlueter
          Message 4 of 5 , May 11, 2005
            I wouldnt be a true rabbit head if I didnt suggest "Rabbit in the
            Moon" stuff. they were groundbreaks back in the day.

            also other notables...Uberzone, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method

            I agree...UNKLE is A-OK
            chaz