Im new to breaks scene

  • afterhourz
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2005
      Hi People,

      Im new to breaks scene and was wondering can you put me onto some other artist that produce/remix ala Hybrid

      Thanks
    • Jason Pullin
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3, 2005
        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "afterhourz" <afterhourz@s...> wrote:
        > Hi People,
        >
        > Im new to breaks scene and was wondering can you put me onto some
        other artist that produce/remix ala Hybrid

        > Thanks

        You really should check out Way Out West. they are my second
        favourite group after Hybrid. Check out their first album "way out
        west" it is amazing. Also, i am really liking sasha right now.
        Getting back into his productions. His album "airdrawn dagger" is
        brilliant but it is a bit of grower.
        good luck in finding the best music around,

        -Jason
      • Thomas Touzimsky
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2005
          > You really should check out Way Out West. they are my second
          > favourite group after Hybrid. Check out their first album "way out
          > west" it is amazing. Also, i am really liking sasha right now.
          > Getting back into his productions. His album "airdrawn dagger" is
          > brilliant but it is a bit of grower.
          > good luck in finding the best music around,

          As you mention Sasha - there are some exclusive tracks on the Wipeout 3
          soundtrack by Sasha, some of them are very break-ish, especially
          "Icaras" (there is one track for each racing team in the game, hence the
          strange names).

          On the breaks topic, you should really check out the NuBreed album. If
          you like diving head first into unknown artists, there even is an
          australian 2CD release with a bonus mix CD, including remixes and some
          earlier tracks which are otherwise unavailable on CD. Not to mention
          that one of the tracks has been co-written by Luke Chable (another
          artist you should check out!).

          ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

          "My head is spinnin' so my feet don't touch the ground
          My eyes is blinded by the light, my hearing deafened by the sound
          My body's shackin' like a leaf, my heart's been beatin' out of time
          My blood's been boilin' up inside and I've been fearin' for my
          life..."
        • Ben Abrams
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2005
            Also worth checking out Involver by Sasha. Another grower. Could
            also suggest UNKLE - both albums are superb.

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Pullin" <potentmonkey@y...>
            wrote:
            > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "afterhourz" <afterhourz@s...>
            wrote:
            > > Hi People,
            > >
            > > Im new to breaks scene and was wondering can you put me onto some
            > other artist that produce/remix ala Hybrid
            > >

            > > Thanks
            >
            > You really should check out Way Out West. they are my second
            > favourite group after Hybrid. Check out their first album "way out
            > west" it is amazing. Also, i am really liking sasha right now.
            > Getting back into his productions. His album "airdrawn dagger" is
            > brilliant but it is a bit of grower.
            > good luck in finding the best music around,
            >
            > -Jason
          • Chaz Schlueter
            Message 5 of 5 , May 11, 2005
              I wouldnt be a true rabbit head if I didnt suggest "Rabbit in the
              Moon" stuff. they were groundbreaks back in the day.

              also other notables...Uberzone, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method

              I agree...UNKLE is A-OK
              chaz