OT: Help... need a random track ID

  • P a l i v a c i n n i
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      Yes, I'm a lurker, rarely post... and this question isn't really Hybrid
      related, but I figured someone on here might be able to help me. I'm trying
      to identify a track that has been driving me mad.

      The tune has some distinctive female vocals... I think it's an older one,
      but I heard a new mix of it pop up on one of Martin Garcia's recent radio
      sets. The lyrics contain these bits:

      "we'll get by, day after day, things can only get better" (this is the main
      recognizable bit)
      "we've been walking in circles for days now... nothing has changed"
      "so please don't talk to me... not one single world"
      "you've been angry with me for years now... you're gonna push me further
      away"

      I've posted a chopped up bit of the set... this track starts about 3:00 in.
      If anyone can identify the blue haze/mick burns tune at the beginning that
      would also be lovely.
      http://www.stanford.edu/~mcslee/martin_garcia_mar16_metrodance.mp3

      Pardon the spam... I've been going crazy trying to figure this out.

      Cheers,
      Mark
    • face
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 27, 2005
        TRACK ID:

        Jimmy Van M & Young American Primitive Featuring Terra Deva: "Forget
        Time"

        There are 4 mixes I know of for this track:
        Vocal Mix
        Dub Mix
        I-Jack's Stake & Chips Vocal Mix
        Prawler Remix

        Not sure about this particular mix, but it's definitely NOT the
        Prawler Remix...first heard it on Trendroid's Transport mix a couple
        years back. If I had to guess, I'd say this is I-Jack's Stake & Chips
        Vocal Mix.

        The bassline on the Prawler remix is sooo dope. And needless to say
        Terra Deva's vocals are sublime, much like her collaboration with JVM
        on "Love Like Sleep."

        cheers,

        face

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "P a l i v a c i n n i"
        <palivacinni@h...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > Yes, I'm a lurker, rarely post... and this question isn't really Hybrid
        > related, but I figured someone on here might be able to help me. I'm
        trying
        > to identify a track that has been driving me mad.
        >
        > The tune has some distinctive female vocals... I think it's an older
        one,
        > but I heard a new mix of it pop up on one of Martin Garcia's recent
        radio
        > sets. The lyrics contain these bits:
        >
        > "we'll get by, day after day, things can only get better" (this is
        the main
        > recognizable bit)
        > "we've been walking in circles for days now... nothing has changed"
        > "so please don't talk to me... not one single world"
        > "you've been angry with me for years now... you're gonna push me
        further
        > away"
        >
        > I've posted a chopped up bit of the set... this track starts about
        3:00 in.
        > If anyone can identify the blue haze/mick burns tune at the
        beginning that
        > would also be lovely.
        > http://www.stanford.edu/~mcslee/martin_garcia_mar16_metrodance.mp3
        >
        > Pardon the spam... I've been going crazy trying to figure this out.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Mark
      • face
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 27, 2005
          for some reason i don't think my first post went through so here goes:

          jimmy van m & young american primitive featuring terra deva: "forget
          time"

          not sure which mix it is, but it's not the prowler remix (as featured
          on trendroid's transport vol. 6 mix compilation).

          awesome choon, along the same lines as "love like sleep" =)

          <palivacinni@h...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > Yes, I'm a lurker, rarely post... and this question isn't really
          Hybrid
          > related, but I figured someone on here might be able to help me. I'm
          trying
          > to identify a track that has been driving me mad.
          >
          > The tune has some distinctive female vocals... I think it's an older
          one,
          > but I heard a new mix of it pop up on one of Martin Garcia's recent
          radio
          > sets. The lyrics contain these bits:
          >
          > "we'll get by, day after day, things can only get better" (this is
          the main
          > recognizable bit)
          > "we've been walking in circles for days now... nothing has changed"
          > "so please don't talk to me... not one single world"
          > "you've been angry with me for years now... you're gonna push me
          further
          > away"
          >
          > I've posted a chopped up bit of the set... this track starts about
          3:00 in.
          > If anyone can identify the blue haze/mick burns tune at the
          beginning that
          > would also be lovely.
          > http://www.stanford.edu/~mcslee/martin_garcia_mar16_metrodance.mp3
          >
          > Pardon the spam... I've been going crazy trying to figure this out.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Mark
        • Daniel Santillo
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27, 2005
            the track is Jimmy Van m & Yap Feat. terra Deva- Forget Time(possibly
            prawler remix)

            >From: "P a l i v a c i n n i" <palivacinni@...>
            >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Hybrid] OT: Help... need a random track ID
            >Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:11:42 -0700
            >

            >Hi everyone,
            >
            >Yes, I'm a lurker, rarely post... and this question isn't really Hybrid
            >related, but I figured someone on here might be able to help me. I'm trying
            >to identify a track that has been driving me mad.
            >
            >The tune has some distinctive female vocals... I think it's an older one,
            >but I heard a new mix of it pop up on one of Martin Garcia's recent radio
            >sets. The lyrics contain these bits:
            >
            >"we'll get by, day after day, things can only get better" (this is the main
            >recognizable bit)
            >"we've been walking in circles for days now... nothing has changed"
            >"so please don't talk to me... not one single world"
            >"you've been angry with me for years now... you're gonna push me further
            >away"
            >
            >I've posted a chopped up bit of the set... this track starts about 3:00 in.
            >If anyone can identify the blue haze/mick burns tune at the beginning that
            >would also be lovely.
            >http://www.stanford.edu/~mcslee/martin_garcia_mar16_metrodance.mp3
            >
            >Pardon the spam... I've been going crazy trying to figure this out.
            >
            >Cheers,
            >Mark
          • P a l i v a c i n n i
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 28, 2005
              Thanks so much! Perfect! The Trendroid mix was exactly where I had heard
              this one before but I just couldn't place it. Looking at discogs it seems
              this track never actually got a proper release despite appearing on quite a
              few high-profile compilations... I can't imagine why not, it probably would
              have done really well (which I suppose it did anyway).

              Thanks again...
              Mark

            • Chaz Schlueter
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3 11:59 AM