RootJoose - Mr Fixit .... cheese on a stick?

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
      Finally tracked down a copy of this single and nearly fell out of my
      chair when I listened to the original version first. How cheesy!!! I
      was thinking it was some kind of Bob the Builder parody?? (if it is
      n't then something is seriously amiss) Straight away I thought there
      is no way the Hybrid mix could be any good... but again the boys have
      proved me wrong. Superb remix (besides the vocals).
      Ally.... if we ever have a poll on the cheesiest track Hybrid have
      remixed you already have my vote...
    • Jason Michael
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2005
        >From: "Ben Abrams" Subject: RootJoose - Mr Fixit .... cheese on a stick?
        >Finally tracked down a copy of this single and nearly fell out of my chair
        >when I listened to the original version first. How cheesy!!! I was
        >thinking it was some kind of Bob the Builder parody?? (if it is n't then
        >something is seriously amiss) Straight away I thought there is no way the
        >Hybrid mix could be any good... but again the boys have proved me wrong.
        >Superb remix (besides the vocals). Ally.... if we ever have a poll on the
        >cheesiest track Hybrid have remixed you already have my vote...

        havent heard the original, but I quite like the hybrid remix...kinda has the
        same bass synth stabs (my crappy way of discribing the sound) that their
        remix of 'so pure' has, most noticably at the start....you can tell it was
        one of their older remixes...do you have the date? ....unless im mistaken i
        remember someone on here saying that rootjoose became the rairbirds, or
        maybe it was just some of the members...i really love the rairbirds track
        'blow wind blow'....a much better track for hybrid to remix i reckon, but
        then again its kinda hybridish already....maybe they decided they liked
        hybrid's sound more then bob the builder....

        Moshie (jason)
      • nickbower2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2005
          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Michael" <moshie61@h...> wrote:

          Yep. that would have been me. Rootjoose *did* re-invent themselves
          into the far dancier (and better IMO) Rairbirds several years back.

          :)

          Nick

          [snip]> one of their older remixes...do you have the date? ....unless