Sleepwalking lyrics in a year-old track?!

  • Andy Grundman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2005
      OK Ally I think this one needs to be answered by Mike & Chris!

      grey on hybridized spotted some of the lyrics from the track we think is
      Sleepwalking in the track "Hear What Was Said" by Mooncat. You can
      listen to a sample on Beatport. Search for "hear what was said" and
      listen to the vocal mix.

      Beatmix your soul till you're cross & faded,
      Master the breakdown to feel less jaded
      Play it aback while looking ahead with
      Voodoo grooves that will raise the decks
      So you spin the tune backwards to hear what was said [this line echos]

      Maybe we actually have a Hybrid remix of this track and not the new
      track Sleepwalking? What did they play at Ultra? If it's a remix, they
      actually had someone re-record the lyrics in a different order and as
      spoken word rather than singing, and of course added lots of different
      lyrics as well. Very interesting...

      http://www.hybridized.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8353#8353

      -Andy
    • renegadesoundwaves
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
        The song on the Buzz Feb 2005 mix is indeed Sleepwalking. When I saw
        Chris at a show in early March, I asked him if they were going to be
        playing new song from Hybrid. He said the song is Sleepwalking which
        he continued, will be on the album and has a strange poem in the
        song. He agreed to give me a thumbs up when it was played. So Chris
        gave me the thumbs up and that is when I first time I heard
        sleepwalking. No mistake it was the same track that I hear on the
        Buzz Recording (which wasn't available until after the SF show).
        The 'falling violins' style in part of the song leaves no doubt it
        is Hybrid.