Re: Hybrid @ Ultra and Remix Hotel

  • Rachel
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2005
      that wasn't me. i know who you're talking about though...LOL

      i had blonde braids and a dark blue RITM shirt on.

      i haven't even looked at my pics yet. hopefully they came out good.
      i got a pretty decent one of FreQ as well.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "dashmusiconline" <timc@e...> wrote:

      > wait, were you the girl with the cowboy-ish hat on, in the front?
      or perhaps one of the two
      > dark haired girls next to her?
      >
      > and yeah upload those pics! the only ones i got are on my cell
      phone, which of course
      > means they're pretty trash quality-wise...
      >
      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel" <raincrysobe@y...> wrote:
      > >

      > > NICE!
      > >
      > > we were probably right next to each other for BT and hybrid
      > > @ultra...LOL
      > >

      > > GR8 sets....although they were too short...but that's always the
      case
      > > at ultra. i was really happy to hear BT live again...and gawd
      what a
      > > hottie he is *drool*
      > >

      > > i still have to upload the pics with him and hybrid.
      > >

      > > :)
      > > Rachel
      > >

      > > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Tim Christensen <timc@e...>
      wrote:

      > > > After some pushing and a lot of waiting, I managed to be front
      and
      > > > center for the Freq Nasty, Hybrid, and BT lineup at Ultra.
      > > Needless to
      > > > say, it was pretty amazing seeing those three back to back.
      The
      > > sets
      > > > were rather short, only about 30-45 minutes per, but they all
      still
      > > > managed to play some amazing stuff.
      > > >
      > > > Hybrid started the set with the new track "Sleepwalking," and
      > > continued
      > > > with the updated Kill City (which sounds AMAZING on a proper
      > > system, I
      > > > must say), both the Alanis and REM bootlegs, and a couple other
      > > tracks
      > > > I've yet to identify. While they were playing, Carlos (BT's
      > > assistant)
      > > > was trying to get Brian's equipment setup which was a rather
      > > awkward
      > > > looking experience (cramming cables and laptops and midi
      > > controllers
      > > > onto the table amidst the CD players and mixer Hybrid was
      using).
      > > BT
      > > > went on playing his usual mishmash of live remixes and such.
      > > Played a
      > > > good bit of Evil Nine as well as some other choice tracks. He
      got
      > > the
      > > > crowd pumped up like I've never seen.
      > > >
      > > > Managed to talk to Mike a couple times (at the Remix Hotel
      > > discussion
      > > > panel and after the show at Ultra), and I gotta say, he is one
      of
      > > the
      > > > nicest guys I've met. So Mike if your listening/reading,
      thanks
      > > for
      > > > taking the time out to talk to a fan!
      > > >
      > > > Also, Mike said they are aiming for a September release of the
      new
      > > > album (he crossed his fingers), and are still trying to work
      out
      > > the
      > > > hip-hop album amidst all the work they've been doing with Harry
      > > > Gregson-Williams.
      > > >
      > > > -Tim
    • Davin Greenwell
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31, 2005
        On Mar 28, 2005, at 1:39 PM, Tim Christensen wrote:
        > Managed to talk to Mike a couple times (at the Remix Hotel discussion
        > panel and after the show at Ultra), and I gotta say, he is one of the
        > nicest guys I've met. So Mike if your listening/reading, thanks for
        > taking the time out to talk to a fan!

        I have never met easier superstars to talk to than Mike and Chris.
        Pure class all the way!

        davin / afk / ariz0na
        http://www.pacificfront.ca - Pacific Front Recordings
      • Tim Christensen
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2005
          Here are the pics from my cell phone taken at various shows during WMC
          this year, scroll to the bottom for pics from Hybrid & BT @ Ultra.
          Sorry about the poor quality, but again, they were taken on a cell
          phone...

          http://www.tarheeltim.com/wmc/

          Peace-
          Tim
        • Chaz Schlueter
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 15, 2005
            tim you must have been right next to us. I was crazy man waving the
            white flag!

            if you can see this link...

            http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chazgraphicdesign/album?.dir=bb97&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

            chaz

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Tim Christensen <timc@e...> wrote:

            > Here are the pics from my cell phone taken at various shows during WMC
            > this year, scroll to the bottom for pics from Hybrid & BT @ Ultra.
            > Sorry about the poor quality, but again, they were taken on a cell
            > phone...
            >
            > http://www.tarheeltim.com/wmc/
            >
            > Peace-
            > Tim
          • fedgemonkey
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 16, 2005
              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz Schlueter" <chazsch@b...> wrote:

              > tim you must have been right next to us. I was crazy man waving the
              > white flag!
              >
              > if you can see this link...

              http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chazgraphicdesign/album?.dir=bb97&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

              > chaz

              http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chazgraphicdesign/detail?.dir=bb97&.dnm=6e6b.jpg&.src=ph
              :D
            • Tim Christensen
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 17, 2005
                Ha! Yep I remember you, the crazy guy with the white flag! You were
                actually standing right behind me and a little to my right... You were
                the one who yelled "WHITE LABEL!!!" when they dropped their remix of
                Your House if I remember correctly.... I had to laugh at that.
                Awesome night, thanks for sharing your pics as well.

                -tim